Game thread. Divisional round. Texans at Patriots.

IMO that was the turning point in the game, stupid, stupid penalty by Rowe, without that penalty I think the outcome would have been worse for the Texans. It was good to see Logan balling last night, he had a helluva game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Rowe got berated by BB on the sideline after that play.

As Dan Fouts would have said " that was the turning point in the game."

The elephant in the room and I don't care what anyone says, is that we definitely miss Gronk in these playoff games. Bennett is great, but he's nowhere near the level that Gronk is at when healthy. That's a fact.

I don't think anybody would dispute that.

To me, Brady has a tendency to rely on one or two guys whenever he gets pressured or needs a big first down. Nothing unusual in that, but I believe the Pats are at their best when he rolls the dice and throws it to somebody a good D can't focus on. I feel like the bigger the game then the more Brady looks to his inner circle, although I have no statistical evidence to back that up.

Last night Edelman was in the spotlight and we got away with it.

Odd as it may sound, I think we missed Malcolm Mitchell. His ratio of targets to catches is as good as anybody and his production climbed after Gronk went out and he started earning Tom's trust more.

I also think we tried too much play action when the ground game wasn't clicking with Blount still a bit ill, which led, in my opinion, to one of the INTs because the D wasn't buying it.

I was hoping Floyd/Mitchell would be a "replacement" for Gronk.

Not happening.

Yet.....

To me, Brady has a tendency to rely on one or two guys whenever he gets pressured or needs a big first down. Nothing unusual in that, but I believe the Pats are at their best when he rolls the dice and throws it to somebody a good D can't focus on. I feel like the bigger the game then the more Brady looks to his inner circle, although I have no statistical evidence to back that up.

Odd as it may sound, I think we missed Malcolm Mitchell. His ratio of targets to catches is as good as anybody and his production climbed after Gronk went out and he started earning Tom's trust more.

I also think we tried too much play action when the ground game wasn't clicking with Blount still a bit ill, which led, in my opinion, to one of the INTs because the D wasn't buying it.

That could be the reason why Tom's INT rate jumps dramatically in the playoffs because he looks to his old reliables who are now being covered by much better defenses than seen in the regular season and he's getting pressured more.

Two fumbles. Followed by Stupid buttsechs penalty on Rowe gave Houston 13 points...

And the Pats still covered ( god &58; it)

And all this while playing like shit on Offense.

mitchell is huge, great at beating one on one coverage

I was hoping Floyd/Mitchell would be a "replacement" for Gronk.

Not happening.

Yet.....
yet, I agree

And Thomas makes Troy Brown Look huge!!!

Mr. Isaiah Thomas at the game. #BostonUnited

15965496_10154980294887372_1223311539131757721_n.jpg

15965796_10154980294882372_8095069392978721456_n.jpg

15951925_10154980294892372_1100287399676995464_n.jpg

They showed him during the game. He and LG are good buds.

Agree. That said, Pitt's D have been pretty stout of late. And their offense is very solid. However, Pats own Pitt. I don't see how KC keeps up with the Pats offensively.If the Pats don't win the SB this year, it will be an NFC team taking them out.

they gave 437 yards, including 152 to Crowell, against the Browns. Cincinnati and Baltimore took them down to the wire. If Shittsburgh's D has been pretty stout of late, then the Pats have been the '85 Bears on D as of late.

Just because the sports mediots parrot it doesn't make it true.

Questionable: Bmooney54-liver.

:party:

Like I said elsewhere, I am working this weekend which means I am up at 3:30 am to work. So I went to bed right after 14-3. I missed the ensuing sh*t storm. Tonight I hope to duplicate your damage as I watch Pitt at KC. :toast:

Yes, it is called football when it is Brady getting cheap shotted three times by Clowney but when Newton cries ALL season about getting hit to the head we get a ten minute soliloquy from Ray on how Cam is being unfairly targeted and the refs are corrupt. Give me a break.

Much SALT this Sunday morning. I get it though as everyone watched the Pats play their WORST game of the season and STILL win by 18. LOL.

They're happy as shit. They see the Patriots as vulnerable. They believe they will get knocked out next game I bet. When LT has a grin on his face you know it's bad. It's KC all over again.

Collingsworth regarding a possible long FG attempt by Pitt to end the half:

"It's cold out, so I wouldn't expect the ball to really carry."

:spock:

Hmmm...I wonder why that would be? Too bad he didn't continue on to enlighten us...:coffee:

Sound FX for the Texans game.

JE11 is so damn funny. "I'm vegan!"

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CsvizV46DCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back