Gave up coffee

Hmmm. Let's see. I normally make a pot of REALLY strong coffee at 5 AM, and drink the whole thing while checking the news, etc... then when I leave for work, I stop at a coffee shop and get a cup. Once that cup is gone, I get another cup at around 10 AM. Sometimes I'll have another one at 2 or so, but will usually wait until I get home where I will make an espresso, then after dinner I'll make another pot of coffee...

trust me, it isn't easy, and I'm sure I'll cave eventually. I love the stuff, just want to see how noticable an effect it has on my CNS and my health. I'm trying to drop another 30# pounds this year (just to see if I can- lost 45 last year and kept it off) and I want to see if coffee consumption, given it's link to cortisol, has a positive or adverse effect.

trust me, it isn't easy, and I'm sure I'll cave eventually. I love the stuff, just want to see how noticable an effect it has on my CNS and my health. I'm trying to drop another 30# pounds this year (just to see if I can- lost 45 last year and kept it off) and I want to see if coffee consumption, given it's link to cortisol, has a positive or adverse effect.

I hear that when people give up coffee, they compensate by eating more, and then they get really big and fat and die of heart attacks.

So, since you're gonna die either way, why give up the one thing that makes you happy?

I've never understood it. :shake:

Hmmm. Let's see. I normally make a pot of REALLY strong coffee at 5 AM, and drink the whole thing while checking the news, etc... then when I leave for work, I stop at a coffee shop and get a cup. Once that cup is gone, I get another cup at around 10 AM. Sometimes I'll have another one at 2 or so, but will usually wait until I get home where I will make an espresso, then after dinner I'll make another pot of coffee...
I also drink a pot '0 Joe in teh AM, but that's it

I have found after years of this daily ritual that my sexual potency is ginormous even if I myself am not necessarily :eek:

I fully understand, my FRS-friend, why you, however, needs your additional 2 pots equivalence after your early AM hit as you need more male-leveragence than most :)

I hear that when people give up coffee, they compensate by eating more, and then they get really big and fat and die of heart attacks.

So, since you're gonna die either way, why give up the one thing that makes you happy?

I've never understood it. :shake:

I assure you I'm not going to get big and fat and die of a heart attack. Several of the regulars in the training forum I belong to told me that after they shook off the intial negative affects of caffine withdrawl they actually had more energy and felt better overall.

If it makes more sense...think of it as an experiment. That's how I'm treating it.

If I drank as much coffee as Clare it would be like doing coke

I tried going the thermos route and I was WIGGING by the last cup.

2-3 cups (24-36oz) is my limit, after that I'm grinding my teeth

I drink a pot of coffee before i even leave the house.

If I were to ever quit, it could never be cold turkey. It would have to be gradual... like quitting smack.

why? :shake:

lookit how all us truly squared-away types are here that drink the stuff :archive:
BsB
tehrick
babalu
3 Point Stan
teh FRS
me

and Benign Despot-of-coffee ROFL

I tried it early on and just never acquired the taste for it or for alcohol or smoking( all of which I tried)
Just a fluke I suspect, but just was never me

:shrug:

Now that I am older with health issues, if I drink anything with alot of caffeine or alcholol I end up either in bed or at the doctor's office

I drink a lot of caffeine and alcohol and have NO health problems. So Muse, as you can see.... You're doing it wrong.

Sorry.

I drink a lot of caffeine and alcohol and have NO health problems. So Muse, as you can see.... You're doing it wrong.

Sorry.

:)

Touche

But like I stated earlier, tried the three did not like the three so it is what it is

:kisss:

That sounds exactly like my coffee routine!

(have you been watching me?)

Back