Gilmore

The running joke for years in my house was "Hey, is Duane Starks still chasing that receiver?" He was the absolute worst

We had a really bad run at corner for a few years.

Remember when we all thought Leigh Bodden was good?

I still have nightmares about that 2011 Patriots defence. Edelman playing slot corner because everyone else was injured or because they flat out sucked

This comment from Harmon (10 second mark) in the Pats locker room after they beat Miami shows you what type of teammate Gilmore is. This is good stuff. Happy to see it. Gilmore seems to be one liked dude and actions like this will only make him more respected.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/...-room-celebration-following-win-over-dolphins

The way Patriots fans have treated this guy, and have let Butler's petulance get an absolute pass, is nothing short of disgusting.

"Worst free agent signing by BB" is ridiculous hyperbole.

The line starts with Ochocinco, Joey Galloway, Monty Beisel and Duane Starks, and goes from there.

Adalius Thomas just knocked Ochostinko on his ass. Probably the only thing he hit while he was here.

The way Patriots fans have treated this guy, and have let Butler's petulance get an absolute pass, is nothing short of disgusting.
Amen, I think Butler has been a jealous prick and no help to Gilmore.

He can’t blame the player but the NFLPA for the way contracts are set up.

Of course he looked good!
He was playing with Shawn Springs, Jonathan Wilhite and Terrence Wheatley. :coffee:

To be fair, at least on my behalf, he was treated poorly based on the games before his injury. Based on those games he looked like a horrible signing.

But he has been playing solid after he came back from the injury and I(and I assume most people) have been happy with his play.
And Harrmon should be giving him som praise in the media after he flat out stole Gilmores 2nd TD vs Miami.

To be fair, at least on my behalf, he was treated poorly based on the games before his injury. Based on those games he looked like a horrible signing.

But he has been playing solid after he came back from the injury and I(and I assume most people) have been happy with his play.
And Harrmon should be giving him som praise in the media after he flat out stole Gilmores 2nd TD vs Miami.

Quarterbacks have a passer rating of 67.2 when targeting Gilmore over the Patriots’ last three games, according to Pro Football Focus. That’s a huge improvement over the 101.8 figure he boasted through the first four weeks when Gilmore frequently was involved in "miscommunications" and coverage breakdowns.

BB says he's been consistent from day 1. :coffee:

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2017/11/stephon-gilmore-garners-praise-for-consistency-despite-early-struggles/

The only reason New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore came away from Sunday afternoon’s 35-17 win over the Miami Dolphins with just one interception, and not two, is because he’s a good teammate. Gilmore’s first interception of the game came near the end of the first half as the Dolphins were threatening to score while the Patriots led 21-10. Rather than the contest becoming a one-score game, Gilmore snagged the ball out of the air on a target from quarterback Matt Moore to DeVante Parker, the wide receiver that No. 24 followed all over the field in Week 12.

His second should have come to close out the game, but he and safety Duron “The Closer” Harmon both high-pointed the ball and came down to the ground with it at the same time. Following a “big conversation,” after both players fell to the ground, Harmon emerged with the interception. After all, Gilmore already had one in the game.

“We both had the ball, and we didn’t know who had the ball,” Harmon said laughing. “So, I think when he saw me, I had it, the idea of him having an interception today, he said, ‘You got it. You got it, Duron.’ I was just like, ‘You’re a good teammate. I appreciate you.'”

Gilmore remembers the conversation going about the same. “We were holding the ball at the same time, but I told him ‘I’m a team player,’ so I gave it to him,” Gilmore said. “I caught mine, so I gave it to him.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2017/11/stephon-gi...les-to-become-cornerback-patriots-envisioned/

Lol.

That’s not like a tattoo you know.

It’s rather easily removed.

It helps keep me grounded and reminds me of how fortunate we are to be witnessing the prolonged dominance by this franchise.

Yep. It took Revis 5 games to get up to speed on our defense. It took Gilmore 8. He is in sync now and playing silky smooth.

Not mad at either guy.

I'm pretty happy with how the CBs have been deployed since Gilmore came back from the concussion, and I am not concerned if we lose Butler in the offseason that we're going back to the drawing board.

BB the GM hit this one out of the park.

Not mad at either guy.

I'm pretty happy with how the CBs have been deployed since Gilmore came back from the concussion, and I am not concerned if we lose Butler in the offseason that we're going back to the drawing board.

BB the GM hit this one out of the park.

I think we'll be better without Butler.

Let the Malcontent see what he can get on the open market. Hint: After this year? I'm guessing the Patriots initial offer will look pretty damned good.

I think we'll be better without Butler.

Let the Malcontent see what he can get on the open market. Hint: After this year? I'm guessing the Patriots initial offer will look pretty damned good.

I agree which is why I think he may be back. Much depends on how much BB likes J. Jones/Bademosi and if BB wants to pay for a #2 corner given he is already paying Gilmore top dollar to be our #1. He may want to go cheap for #2.

To be fair when you are a major contributor to winning a super bowl or two, it's not totally unreasonable for you to get a rather large free pass or two in return. Just mho of course.

Back