Good luck bitches

I will echo the view that Luck was pretty hot last night. I don’t know if he can heave it a long way but he was threading it to some less than AllPro guys and getting it done.
If it weren’t for some badly timed turnovers that could have been a lot closer game.

yeah but one or two receivers not throwing balls to the defense, and the game is a 40 point rout. I think both sides were equally gross and missing opportunities, the pats were just way better.

Yeah he is getting ripped on that because he left out that this was total points given up, meaning turnovers for points, etc. Luck still probably turns the ball over a bit too much, which can lead to high scoring games.

We can get in to a chicken or the egg argument on that but instead let me ask this:

Has there ever been a time during Lucks tenure where you thought "oh man, that's colts defense..."

I'm guessing not. Partly because the Patriots offense is as good as it is, but a bigger part of that is the Colts defense hasn't been very good (and at times laughably attrocious). Before the game Chevss posted something to the effect of the Patriots offense is averaging 45 points against the colts during Lucks time. Which is incredible even by the Patriots lofty standards.

yeah but one or two receivers not throwing balls to the defense, and the game is a 40 point rout. I think both sides were equally gross and missing opportunities, the pats were just way better.

You can't turn the ball over and commit penalties on the road on a short week against a team like New England and expect to remain competitive. We would have had to play nearly flawless anyway to win and didn't come even close to that.

Hence why the game was never really close.

We can get in to a chicken or the egg argument on that but instead let me ask this:

Has there ever been a time during Lucks tenure where you thought "oh man, that's colts defense..."

I'm guessing not. Partly because the Patriots offense is as good as it is, but a bigger part of that is the Colts defense hasn't been very good (and at times laughably attrocious). Before the game Chevss posted something to the effect of the Patriots offense is averaging 45 points against the colts during Lucks time. Which is incredible even by the Patriots lofty standards.

I am not saying his Defense is good, I am just saying, you cannot take a number without content and try to show something as absolute. This year, they gave up 34 to bengals, which bengals are actually good this year on offense, 21 to wash, 20 to the eagles and then 37 and 38. Injuries caught up with them this year for sure. Colts do not run a style that is going to be good for holding points down. They run a shootout type of offense, sorta like the saints do. So no, the colts do not have a good defense, but this stat by SK is not just about the defense. Points come from a lot of places, and some of those places are turnovers by the offense.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

You can't turn the ball over and commit penalties on the road on a short week against a team like New England and expect to remain competitive. We would have had to play nearly flawless anyway to win and didn't come even close to that.

Hence why the game was never really close.

But the pats kinda did the same. Those were two awful turnovers the pats had. It never really seemed like the pats could not move the ball, but dropping passes that fly up for picks, is not someting that happens much and it happened 3 times in this game to both sides. Odd

But the pats kinda did the same. Those were two awful turnovers the pats had. It never really seemed like the pats could not move the ball, but dropping passes that fly up for picks, is not someting that happens much and it happened 3 times in this game to both sides. Odd

Oh sure, which is the only reason it was "close".

To win we'd have needed you guys to do that and for us not to. Probably a few other things as well since you're just a better team, at home, etc.

Has there ever been a time during Lucks tenure where you thought "oh man, that's Pats defense..."

We haven’t really uttered those words often around here since ‘04 either.

Why were the Houston Texans wearing Patriots helmets last night?:coffee:

Back