Gronk to miss start of the season?

he waited longer than I thought he would and it was a freak landing on the arm that did it.

To me, it looked like Gronk was trying to protect that arm the entire game, up to when he re-broke it.

To me, it looked like Gronk was trying to protect that arm the entire game, up to when he re-broke it.
he did appear that way but how much of that is just instinct and done without knowledge that you are?

either way...moving forward now...I have a bounce in my step thinking about next season and Gronk and BB and all involved have learned from this and will be better at issues moving forward

He should be there on Special teams but maybe next time he will not half ass it like he did on the play he got hurt. Gronk thought the guy opposite him would no rush, he did and gronk reached and blocked in a F'd up way..

Yup.

So, on a more serious note, anyone questioning the decision to have a player as important to your team as Gronk is blocking on extra points in a blowout?

Seriously?

:facepalm:

This is bit of a trolling question, Jaric. I know you're not a troller, but really?

What a dumbass question. Gronk ALWAYS was on STs for FGs; it was just a freak accident.

Gronk ALWAYS was on STs for FGs; it was just a freak accident.

Wendell, Solder & Vollmer were out there too. For some reason Gronk was asleep on the snap, took a false step towards an outside rusher losing position on the inside rusher and reached out to grab him getting his arm bent backwards. Maybe Sergio wasn't rushing hard earlier in the game (after so many PATS) and Gronk got complacent or just had a brain cramp but it certainly was a freak situation.

Consider the source of this too but sounds like surgery is just a rumor...

Gronk's agent on possible surgery

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, said on 7 Sports Xtra on WSVN-7 in South Florida that no surgery has been scheduled for his client at this time. Rosenhaus added that's he unsure if surgery will be needed at all to address the infection in Gronkowski's left forearm.

"I’m not sure what’s going to happen yet, there’s been a lot of speculation," Rosenhaus said late Sunday night. "I can tell you that I’m going to be talking to the team doctors, we’re going to talk to the experts and we’re going see how it plays out."

Sources told ESPNBoston.com that a fourth surgery for Gronkowski is "very likely."

Gronkowski developed an infection following his second surgery on the forearm, which was initially broken on November 18 in a game against the Colts. On Sunday, the Boston Herald reported that Gronkowski would need to undergo a follow-up procedure in which the plate currently in his forearm would be removed in order to determine if the infection is healed, and if so, a new plate would be inserted, at which point Gronkowski would need a roughly 10-week recovery period.

Rosenhaus cautioned that no decision has been made on another procedure for the 24-year old tight end at this time.

"Right now we’ve got plenty of time until the season starts, whether he needs another operation, what that operation will entail, that’s very preliminary," he continued. "That type of speculation is way off, no determinations have been made, there’s no surgery scheduled and we’re not even sure if he’s gonna need one."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-..._/id/4741877/gronks-agent-on-possible-surgery

Seriously?

This is bit of a trolling question, Jaric. I know you're not a troller, but really?

What a dumbass question. Gronk ALWAYS was on STs for FGs; it was just a freak accident.

It's not a dumbass question. It's a question if you feel the benefit of having Gronkowski on the fg team outweighs the risk of injury by having him out there. Plenty of teams in the nfl have decided it does not and do not generally have starters playing special teams.

No need to be insulting.

It's not a dumbass question. It's a question if you feel the benefit of having Gronkowski on the fg team outweighs the risk of injury by having him out there. Plenty of teams in the nfl have decided it does not and do not generally have starters playing special teams.

No need to be insulting.

Of course if you don't play guys like Gronk on special teams, and then suddenly he comes out to block on a kick, that might be a give-away that this kick is going to be a fake with a possible pass to Gronk. There are many reasons to play your best players on special teams. A FG or extra point attempt is an offensive play, given the misnomer of Special Team play in my opinion.

No need to be insulting.

Name one team without starters on special teams. I'll bet you can't.

No need to be insulting.

Yeah totally, I mean why was Gostkowski out there at all. I mean the game is a blowout, why would you risk such an important asset in the run up to the playoffs.

Surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of alcohol consumption and the effect of antibiotics.

My understanding is that alcohol will not counteract antibiotics but it could slow the healing process down.

Maybe we should look at getting Gronk a sponsor until he is 100%.

Surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of alcohol consumption and the effect of antibiotics.

My understanding is that alcohol will not counteract antibiotics but it could slow the healing process down.

Maybe we should look at getting Gronk a sponsor until he is 100%.

I love Gronk, love his free spirit, but it's time for him to use his head a little. Stop the party train and take it easy.

This simply is not good. Karen Guregian is now reporting that the doctors are going to wait several more weeks to make sure the infection is cleared up before they go in to remove the plate. 10-week recovery at least once the plate is removed....IF the infection is gone.

This simply is not good. Karen Guregian is now reporting that the doctors are going to wait several more weeks to make sure the infection is cleared up before they go in to remove the plate. 10-week recovery at least once the plate is removed....IF the infection is gone.

If they remove his arm now and duck-tape a butterfly net to his helmet do you think Goodell would let him play? I am positive Brady could throw the ball into the net 7 out of 10 times :shrug_n:

He would still need another setback to miss the start of the season.

21 weeks until the start of the season. Counting backwards, subtract 10 for the new plate. That leaves 11. Subtract, say, 3 for this current waiting period. That leaves 8. If he needs ANOTHER 6 week round of antibiotics that still leaves about two weeks before the season.

So . . . while it's cutting a little close he can wait 2-3 weeks, still have another 6 week round of antibiotics, still have 10 weeks for the new plate and still make it with a couple of weeks to spare.

My question is : Shouldn't the bone have healed by now so that he doesn't even need a plate ?

He can miss OTA & part of training camp. He better be ready when the season starts.

Back