HBO's "Game of Thrones"

I can envision a reason for her to get her own personal horde.

Your scenario essentially assumes she will abandon everyone on the "mainland" and only concern herself with Westeros.

There are plenty of other power blocks on the mainland that are based on slavery, and she could easily keep the Dothraki busy attacking them.

This would protect her rear and support the slaves she has liberated so far.

If she doesn't do something about those other power blocks, the moment she sails, those people are toast.

Also, I don't see the Dothraki being keen on getting on ships anyway. They are horsemen first and last.

Wasn't there a line to that effect in an earlier season?

So if Danny recruits the Dothraki, that let's her leave all of them on the mainland, "protecting" the freed slaves, while she takes all her other allies to Westeros.

As far as how she get support on Westeros, she hooks up with Brant and thus gains the name of the Starks to support her.

They've already implied that with Bolton talking to Ramsay about how important Sansa was to their plans.

So that gives Danny the North, and once she and Brant smite the White Walkers, the rest of Westeros shouts Huzzah! and they all lived happily ever after.

Of course, if all of this is wrong, it could simply be a way to give Mormont an honorable death.

Since he's got the "stone skin" disease, or whatever it's called, he's toast, grated cheese.

So if this is simply the way they let him exit, stage left, I'm OK with that.

Some great stuff. The clock is definitely ticking for Jorah and he will surely sacrifice what's left of his life to prove his love for the MOD.

Far as the Dothraki goes, yes, mistrust of the water is part of their culture, which is why everybody in Westeros will shit their bloomers when they see her sweet-talk an army of savages on horseback into doing something they hate.

I think the fat Giants fan is clearly setting this up as another way to prove Danny's powers as a great leader and therefore blow minds.

Some great stuff. The clock is definitely ticking for Jorah and he will surely sacrifice what's left of his life to prove his love for the MOD.

I am wondering if they don't find a way to heal Jorah. Stannis's daughter had it on her face but they found some way to stop it.

I am wondering if they don't find a way to heal Jorah. Stannis's daughter had it on her face but they found some way to stop it.

Yeah, by burning her.

Seriously, I don't remember how they explained her condition and whether it is the same thing as the stone dudes. It was a birth defect, no?

In any case, I think Jorah is one of the more likeable characters in the show and it would be nice if he catches a break, although usually those are short-lived as Martin likes to remind us that life is brutal and too short.

Seriously, I don't remember how they explained her condition and whether it is the same thing as the stone dudes. It was a birth defect, no?

I thought it was a doll or something that her dad gave her... that was infected.

If memory serves, it was the scene where he was telling her how much he loved her (after deciding she needed to be crispified) where he explained it to her.

No?

Shireen is the daughter of Stannis and Selyse Baratheon. Her father is the head of House Baratheon of Dragonstone and has declared himself King on the Iron Throne. Shireen is Stannis's only living child and therefore his heir presumptive. She is the same age as Arya Stark. She had three older brothers, who were stillborn.

The left side of her face is scarred by Greyscale, which she caught as an infant. Normally considered a death sentence, Stannis refused to give up on her and called in every healer he could find from both sides of the Narrow Sea to try to cure her, and through the combination of their efforts they managed to succeed, though the left side of her face was left permanently scarred.

From here; http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Shireen_Baratheon

Yeah. I don't think Jorah will be getting any treatment on his condition anytime soon. I don't think he makes it through this season. I just hope he doesn't get Areo Hota'd.

HOLY $HIT!! Yeah, I was pretty sure that was going to happen but really thought they would make us wait longer. This has to have been one of the best episodes yet.

That was Foking awesome. Wun Wun splattering the NW guy all over the wall. The Franken-Mountain doing the same to the drunk. Tyrion drinking wine and knowing things. I love Tyrion. I can deal with them killing everyone else but him. "Don't eat the help!". "If I ever have an idea like that again punch me in the face!".
Tyrion: I make eunuch jokes, he makes dwarf jokes.
Varys: I don't make dwarf jokes.
Tyrion: Yeah, but you think them.

Snowbowl/bastardbowl is happening! Get hype!
Also, Cleganebowl would be a massacre. I don't think that's happening.

In any case, I think Jorah is one of the more likeable characters in the show and it would be nice if he catches a break, although usually those are short-lived as Martin likes to remind us that life is brutal and too short.
Hasn't the flow chart for this show been basically:

Is the character interesting, then kill them off.

pfl

That was Foking awesome. Wun Wun splattering the NW guy all over the wall. The Franken-Mountain doing the same to the drunk. Tyrion drinking wine and knowing things. I love Tyrion. I can deal with them killing everyone else but him. "Don't eat the help!". "If I ever have an idea like that again punch me in the face!".

Snowbowl/bastardbowl is happening! Get hype!
Also, Cleganebowl would be a massacre. I don't think that's happening.

I think Cleganebowl has to happen. I also think The Hound will get some payback for what big brother did to him. Pretty good chance they're both dead when it's all said and done but with The Hound getting in the last word.

I really didn't think Melisandre was going to pull it off. I thought someone else was going have to bring him back.

As far as I'm concerned, they can just go ahead and let everyone forget about Dorne. They botched that so badly that they're a complete joke now. Of course they're going to end up in a big war with the Lannisters while Jon Snow and the Wildlings take on the Boltons.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hasn't the flow chart for this show been basically:

Is the character interesting, then kill them off.

pfl

Pretty much but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Oh and I can hardly wait to see Olly's face. That little $hit has gotten way too big for his britches. I hope Jon smacks him back to reality and by "smacks him back to reality" I mean lops his head off. But I'm sure he'll forgive him or something like that.

I think Cleganebowl has to happen. I also think The Hound will get some payback for what big brother did to him. Pretty good chance they're both dead when it's all said and done but with The Hound getting in the last word.

I really didn't think Melisandre was going to pull it off. I thought someone else was going have to bring him back.

As far as I'm concerned, they can just go ahead and let everyone forget about Dorne. They botched that so badly that they're a complete joke now. Of course they're going to end up in a big war with the Lannisters while Jon Snow and the Wildlings take on the Boltons.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Pretty much but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I just don't see anyone even having a chance against FrankenMountain.
I wonder if anyone outside of the people at Castle Black will believe that Jon actually died and then was resurrected. I think between rescuing them and then coming back from the dead the Wildlings will worship him and be his most loyal allies (as the trailer for episode 3 indicates).
From the season 6 trailers we know that Jamie and the Lannister army are at the Twins and at Riverrun. So I don't see a Dorne-Lannister battle happening this season. We've probably seen the last of Dorne for the season. Or at least we can hope we have. Snowbowl has to happen by episode 5. Especially if they're to have any hand at the siege of Riverrun.

I wonder if they'll have Sansa and unJon be some sort of amalgamation for the Lady Stoneheart story line.

I love Tyrion. I can deal with them killing everyone else but him. "Don't eat the help!". "If I ever have an idea like that again punch me in the face!".
For me, he might already be the single greatest TV character of all-time. If he's not, he will be before this show's run (or Tyrion's run) is over.

Oh and I can hardly wait to see Olly's face. That little $hit has gotten way too big for his britches. I hope Jon smacks him back to reality and by "smacks him back to reality" I mean lops his head off. But I'm sure he'll forgive him or something like that.
Maybe, but then again maybe not. Remember the "Kill the boy" episode when Maester Aemon tells him to kill the boy so that the man can live? That's supposed to have layers of meanings. One is for him to shed his child like naivete and to harden his heart a bit. Also Berric Dondarion said that each time he comes back he is a bit less himself. I think they show the changed Jon by having him chop off Olly's head himself.

Nice episode.

For a moment, I thought for sure that Melisandre was going to put her necklace on John Snow to bring him back.

One minor quibble though.

It seemed awful easy for Tyrion to pull out the pins locking the collars on the dragons.

There didn't appear to be any lock, latch or anything else to hold those pins in place.

If I'm designing/building collars to lock up dragons, I'm pretty sure I'd include something to positively engage the locking pin and not simply rely on a friction fit that is loose enough that a dwarf can easily pull out with one hand.

But hey, that's just how I roll.

Nice episode.

For a moment, I thought for sure that Melisandre was going to put her necklace on John Snow to bring him back.

One minor quibble though.

It seemed awful easy for Tyrion to pull out the pins locking the collars on the dragons.

There didn't appear to be any lock, latch or anything else to hold those pins in place.

If I'm designing/building collars to lock up dragons, I'm pretty sure I'd include something to positively engage the locking pin and not simply rely on a friction fit that is loose enough that a dwarf can easily pull out with one hand.

If they did that, then Tyrion wouldn't have been able to free them. You can't let logic get in the way of a <strike>great</strike> <strike>good</strike> mediocre story.

:shrug_n:

...One minor quibble though.

Yeah, it is clearly easier to accept the fact that there are dragons in the first place.

That little $hit Olly got off light. Jon Snow brings him in and teaches him to fight. In return he kills his girlfriend and then kills him. As much as I disliked Thorne, he was a great character and I actually got where he was coming from on why he killed Jon Snow.

The Tower of Joy fight scene was pretty good. It was interesting to see Bran witness what truly happened as opposed to the stories that he had heard. They will probably make us wait a couple episodes before they show Ned going into the tower.

I don't think I even want to know what Ramsay has planned for Rickon. I don't really see any reason why he keeps him alive...or intact but who knows. I suppose he could use him as a bargain chip to get into Castle Black.

One little funny thing that I missed the first time I watched it but caught the second time around. Listen carefully during the scene when the small council is meeting. When Maester Pycelle realizes that Frankenmountain is in the room after he had been talking $hit on him, he lets out a fart out of sheer surprise I guess. ROFL

Back