HC candidates Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
and so it begins...

"Bill Belichick’s top assistants are often in high demand this time of year as other NFL franchises try to fill out open head coaching jobs. Read

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter that is once again the case as the Dolphins have reportedly requested permission to interview New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia for the Miami head coaching vacancy."

link

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap-300x249.jpg

After yesterdays effort I'm surprised the Dolphins would want either one of them.

Guys who worked with/for BB can't help but hire other BB guys.
DEVELOP YOUR OWN GUYS FFS, that is a huge talent of BB's that rarely happens with other HCs.

I'll be very surprised if Mike Tannenbaum hires a former Patriot anything, but he certainly didn't waste any time.

I'll be very surprised if Mike Tannenbaum hires a former Patriot anything, but he certainly didn't waste any time.

He hired Mangini in NY.
Both of them worked with BB in Cle.
Grier mentioned BB in his hiring presser this morning too.

I'm not sure why. The track record is horrendous.

I think this is overblown to some extent.

Weis and RAC really aren't BB guys, they were Tuna guys who worked for BB in New England.

Saban is perhaps the best College coach in the last 25 years, and he may be your coach in about a week, if Irsay gets his wish.

Ferenze has been a fixture at Iowa.

O'Briens work at Penn State borders on miraculous given the situation and he's is in the playoffs with Houston, let's call it an open case.

Mangini was a failure but he also left here before he was really ready.

McD had issues in Denver, if he's leaned from it he could be OK, but we'd need to wait and see, again an open case.

It may be that college is where Bill's guys shine, but I think they've been a bit better than advertised.

Ehh, I see the same nonsense with your backup QBs.

It's as though some of these teams think all it takes to become Tom Brady is to sit next to him in meetings.

If you are expecting Ryan Mallet or Brian Hoyer to be Tom Brady you are going to be disappointed.

If you are expecting Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels to be Bill Belichick you are going to be disappointed.

BTW I would not be shocked to see one of these guys getting the Giants job.

If you are expecting Ryan Mallet or Brian Hoyer to be Tom Brady you are going to be disappointed.

If you are expecting Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels to be Bill Belichick you are going to be disappointed.

BTW I would not be shocked to see one of these guys getting the Giants job.

Apparently the Giants job has Sean Payton rock hard with anticipation.

He hired Mangini in NY.
Both of them worked with BB in Cle.
Grier mentioned BB in his hiring presser this morning too.

Correct.

Tanny doesn't want to be the guy that hired TWO former Pats co-ordinators and flamed out both times.

He could be the most altruistic football mind of our time (which I doubt) but he still has to think that the stink would never leave him. That might just be a career killer.

S**t, the Lions will be interviewing our Bob Quinn, the director of pro scouting for the GM job.

It's as though some of these teams think all it takes to become Tom Brady is to sit next to him in meetings.

If they all could have been as great as Curtis Painter was... :coffee:

I think Cassel could have been ok on the right team, Hoyer is a serviceable player who just seems injured at all times. Mallet is happy in the Purple Drank area so jury is out. I think Bill O'B was too tough on him and I am sure Vrabel busted his nuts continuously.

I think Cassel could have been ok on the right team, Hoyer is a serviceable player who just seems injured at all times. Mallet is happy in the Purple Drank area so jury is out. I think Bill O'B was too tough on him and I am sure Vrabel busted his nuts continuously.

Cassells ceiling is a guy who may not lose a game for you provided he's not asked to do too much.

I mean yeah I'll take him over say...Curtis Painter, but that's not saying much.

Cassells ceiling is a guy who may not lose a game for you provided he's not asked to do too much.

I mean yeah I'll take him over say...Curtis Painter, but that's not saying much.
Those guys win you games, see Trent Dilfer, and that Johnson cat in TB.

Those guys win you games, see Trent Dilfer, and that Johnson cat in TB.

Not every team has the 2000 Ravens defense.

Go back and look at who wins superbowls. At least the last 15 years or so it's been almost exclusively teams that have a legit QB.

Back