Home v Miami pregame

Does anyone have any theories as to why it's so quiet around the Planet the week of a huge game against Miami?

It sure hits me as eerie.
I think most Patriots fans don't expect them to play well enough to win-just about any game. So, they're not as interested as before. If they do win on Sunday, more people will comment, I'm guessing.

I think most Patriots fans don't expect them to play well enough to win-just about any game. So, they're not as interested as before. If they do win on Sunday, more people will comment, I'm guessing.

Could be that I guess.

We're not all front runner fans, though this place does seem to attract detractors, if that makes sense. I get weary of the constant gleeful belittling of everything Patriots and whining after a loss. I think perhaps there are too many folks who found the Patriots when they started winning and take it as their right not only to watch a win, but a decisive and dominant win. A couple seasons like 1990 will clean them out, Or perhaps I'm just a gumpy old man. Either way, I'm still a rabid fan, read every post be several posters here, but post a whole lot less this year.

We're not all front runner fans, though this place does seem to attract detractors, if that makes sense. I get weary of the constant gleeful belittling of everything Patriots and whining after a loss. I think perhaps there are too many folks who found the Patriots when they started winning and take it as their right not only to watch a win, but a decisive and dominant win. A couple seasons like 1990 will clean them out, Or perhaps I'm just a gumpy old man. Either way, I'm still a rabid fan, read every post be several posters here, but post a whole lot less this year.
I was thinking about this weirdness with the negativity of the fandom. It's partially that we're all spoiled. But I think more than that, it's like fans are trying to move on after a beloved spouse dies. Not to that extent, but something along those lines. Nothing measures up to what you had, and you are almost rooting against falling for anyone else, because it seems like that would somehow diminish the specialness of what you had. It seems disloyal to allow your heart and hopes to move on with a new group of guys, and it seems even worse because it's almost presumptuous of these guys to wear the same laundry as the ones you lost.

I dunno. Something like that. I feel some of it, but the alternative to rooting for the best and hoping is cheering (even partially) for them to fail or giving up on football completely. And I know people - lifelong fans - who walked away from pro football over the last few years. They said it's not the same and never will be, and it's not worth investing the time and emotional energy for something that will never be what you want it to be.

Or maybe not. Who knows.

I was thinking about this weirdness with the negativity of the fandom. It's partially that we're all spoiled. But I think more than that, it's like fans are trying to move on after a beloved spouse dies. Not to that extent, but something along those lines. Nothing measures up to what you had, and you are almost rooting against falling for anyone else, because it seems like that would somehow diminish the specialness of what you had. It seems disloyal to allow your heart and hopes to move on with a new group of guys, and it seems even worse because it's almost presumptuous of these guys to wear the same laundry as the ones you lost.

I dunno. Something like that. I feel some of it, but the alternative to rooting for the best and hoping is cheering (even partially) for them to fail or giving up on football completely. And I know people - lifelong fans - wleaho walked away from pro football over the last few years. They said it's not the same and never will be, and it's not worth investing the time and emotional energy for something that will never be what you want it to be.

This makes a LOT of sense. I think I see it more clearly now. It's like we're a big family and one of our parents died. Some of us have accepted this and while sorry, see our lost parent as a human being who simply is no longer here and would like to talk about him/her. Others in the family still can't accept their gone, miss them horribly and cannot countenance anything disparaging said about the missing parent.

Goofy, yeah, but it makes sense and best of all puts those who haven't yet come to grips with their grief in a more sympathetic light. Thanks.

Or maybe not. Who knows.

Indeed. Not me.

I dunno. Something like that. I feel some of it, but the alternative to rooting for the best and hoping is cheering (even partially) for them to fail or giving up on football completely. And I know people - lifelong fans - who walked away from pro football over the last few years. They said it's not the same and never will be, and it's not worth investing the time and emotional energy for something that will never be what you want it to be.

Or maybe not. Who knows.
It’s an emotional game for sure.

Or maybe not. Who knows.

I think you're right.

I made this observation and assertion previously.

It seems like it's going to be great weather for the game, so that shouldn't be a factor. A healthy Oline helps, but the rooks did a fine job against a great Eagles D. Minimize mistakes, don't turn the ball over and enjoy 1st place.

I want to see Hill break his arm so he knows what it feels like. He's the only player that I wish and injury on.
So far my wish has not come true but I'll keep wishing it.

Interestingly, the spread on today's game has continued to creep downwards. I saw it at 4 and 4.5, it spent most of the week at 3.5, and it's at 2.5 currently.

Losing J. Jones is massive for this game. Glad the Olinemen appear to be playing.

Back