How do you feel about people acting like Rodgers is the GOAT?

That video of the Pats playoffs was awesome! I love the Star Wars theme but I always thought we were the evil empire? lol. Still I like Brady as a Jedi.

On a separate but related note, I recently saw "Rogue One" and thought it was the best Star Wars movie. Loved every minute of it.

That video of the Pats playoffs was awesome! I love the Star Wars theme but I always thought we were the evil empire? lol. Still I like Brady as a Jedi.

On a separate but related note, I recently saw "Rogue One" and thought it was the best Star Wars movie. Loved every minute of it.

I freaking LOVE this Pats playoff video. It's amazing. I get goosebumps every single time. But no way are we the evil empire. They're all against us. They are the evil empire.

As for The Force Awakens.... it had potential, but there was so much about it I freaking hated. I definitely won't be buying it.

I didn't really care a whole lot for Rogue One either. Some scenes were cool (Vader) but most of it was meh IMO.

I hope VIII is a lot better. The one single thing I feel they've done right with the franchise has made it look more organic and more oldschool. Can't tell you how much I hated the abundance of CGI in the prequels. Freaking HORRIBLE.

As it sits, I love the original trilogy (pre-Lucas tampering) more than anything that's come after. Hopefully Disney will finally churn out a movie I can love (from them) but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Will have to see to believe.

I will give them as many chances as they need to get it right. I'm hoping that they continue on after Episode IX and we get X, XI, XII. And so on. (Not talking about spin offs, but actual episodes to the core Star Wars story)

And as for this thread, I'm so disgusted that the NFL.com website has jumped on the Rodgers bandwagon. FFS, they seriously just compared him to Michael Jordan. Michael freaking Jordan. :suicide:

I freaking LOVE this Pats playoff video. It's amazing. I get goosebumps every single time. But no way are we the evil empire. They're all against us. They are the evil empire.

As for The Force Awakens.... it had potential, but there was so much about it I freaking hated. I definitely won't be buying it.

I didn't really care a whole lot for Rogue One either. Some scenes were cool (Vader) but most of it was meh IMO.

I hope VIII is a lot better. The one single thing I feel they've done right with the franchise has made it look more organic and more oldschool. Can't tell you how much I hated the abundance of CGI in the prequels. Freaking HORRIBLE.

As it sits, I love the original trilogy (pre-Lucas tampering) more than anything that's come after. Hopefully Disney will finally churn out a movie I can love (from them) but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Will have to see to believe.

I will give them as many chances as they need to get it right. I'm hoping that they continue on after Episode IX and we get X, XI, XII. And so on. (Not talking about spin offs, but actual episodes to the core Star Wars story)

And as for this thread, I'm so disgusted that the NFL.com website has jumped on the Rodgers bandwagon. FFS, they seriously just compared him to Michael Jordan. Michael freaking Jordan. :suicide:
I freely admit I am not a Star Wars follower at all. I only saw bits and pieces of the 70s movies and have only seen the one where Darth Vader is a little boy in terms of the new ones. I really liked Rogue One because it reminded me of the the Matrix movies which I really loved. It had that sense of complete desperation to try to stop the evil government. I also thought the acting was superb but I kind of wish the got the actress from the Hunger Games to play the lead female role. I did not care for that actress very much but loved the other actors especially the robot.

Don't let the Rodgers stuff get to you. He is kind of the flavor of the moment right now given he is on a tear but really he has only played well for half a season this year. I fully expect Atlanta to beat them.

I think Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback however if he could not run and roll out of the pocket and extend plays he would just be an average Quarterback. He has an incredible accurate arm and it's amazing what he can do on the run... one thing it does too much of this hang on to the ball too long in the pocket. Tom Brady is the greatest of all time when it comes to knowing when to get rid of the ball and that internal clock of his is the best in the game. Tom Brady has a knack of turning average players into great players.

Guys, just stop it with these stupid puns, trying to name as many bloody cheeses as you can. Tom is the GOAT and that's that.

People, it's really ok to admit that Rodgers is a great QB without taking it as an insult/shot at Tom Brady. Rodgers is clearly not at Brady's level yet (he's only been to one SB), but he is playing at a level right now that makes him the best QB in these playoffs. Hopefully they get to face off in Houston in a few weeks.

The Patriots and Packers would do the NFL a huge favour if they meet in the SB. It will be box office gold as it's a game every neutral fan in the country would want to see. The two Northern Californians going against each other.

People, it's really ok to admit that Rodgers is a great QB without taking it as an insult/shot at Tom Brady. Rodgers is clearly not at Brady's level yet (he's only been to one SB), but he is playing at a level right now that makes him the best QB in these playoffs. Hopefully they get to face off in Houston in a few weeks.
So wait, praising a player is not a zero sum operation?

The really impressive thing that Rodgers did besides that last throw was the way he held onto the ball when he was pummelled on his blind side. You see that hit, totally surprised him but he somehow held on because if that ball popped out and was recovered by Dallas, that was the game gone. Dallas would have gotten at least a FG to close out the game.

Aaron and Tom both are very good at holding onto the ball when they get hit/sacked.

In response to the thread title-

trying real hard to give a shit, but I must be constipated 'cause it ain't working.

Most of us are old enough to remember the Marino/Montana arguments from the 80s. As far as I'm concerned it's the same thing.

Back