How do you feel about people acting like Rodgers is the GOAT?

Flavor of the day. Brady can arguably be the best QB over 2 consecutive decades. There really is no comparison. Rodgers is playing great right now, hats off to him. That throw yesterday was UFB. But over time, Brady has accomplished so much more. Not even close.

It doesn't matter really. Rodgers is great to watch, we can all agree on that, even Tom is a fan as he said this morning. They're both great QBs, but Brady has the greater success.

“I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done, or can do, just because of his physical ability,” Brady said Monday morning during his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI. “Some of the plays he makes are just phenomenal.”

“I think he makes everything look so simple because he has such an efficient delivery,” Brady said on the program. “Everything really looks effortless with him, which is the amazing part. He’s definitely working hard, but he’s making hard look easy; it’s a very effortless style he plays with. The velocity of the ball, the placement of the ball, I mean, he’s just an incredible player. He works very hard at it, he’s a very talented player, and he’s just having an incredible season.

“I always love watching his tape, admiring the things he can do, because I can’t do many of those things. … Whenever he’s on, I usually stay up and watch.”

I agree, I'd always tune in to watch Rodgers play, he's box office gold.

Pretty good take here from Ian O'Connor:

How high can Rodgers climb the ladder now? Tom Brady has probably put this GOAT thing to bed for keeps, but Rodgers is only 33 years old and still very much at the height of his athletic powers. Maybe he can't catch Brady and his four Super Bowl titles and counting; maybe the best Rodgers can do is land in Jason Garrett's top three, and supplant Starr and Brett Favre as the greatest Packer of them all.

I'd rather see good QB play than bad

I wish there were more good QBs in the game to be honest

I'm with you. The quality of QBs in the league pretty much sucks right now.

As far as Rodgers, I'm a fan. I think he is a great QB. Does that make him the greatest of all time or better than Brady? No, not even close. But he is and has been my second fave QB to watch play in recent years.

It doesn't bother me at all. Rodgers is ridiculously gifted and is carrying that hapless Packer team. That has no connection with Brady being the GOAT, though. Two completely different stratospheres. One that I doubt Rodgers will ever even come close to.

I wish the world would acknowledge TFB's supremacy. But then, I realize that here as in anything else, what matters is what you think and what you believe. Not what others think. I also weep at the injustice. But he world is fillled with

Tom has moved on, so can I.

I also believe that in the future, books, of good critical analysis will be written, and time, and his CV will speak for themselves.

Cheers

Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, historically Brady is the best ever but at this moment Rodgers is definitely the best

Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, historically Brady is the best ever but at this moment Rodgers is definitely the best

Based on what? Damn near costing his team the game yesterday? Anyway, people are week to week knee jerk reaction, and it seems every year another guy is compared to Brady, it was Manning for years, it was Ben, it was this guy and that guy, now its rodgers because he had a good half of a season. So after next week, they will probably lose to atlanta and Rodgers would go back to the end of the line.

I wish the world would acknowledge TFB's supremacy. But then, I realize that here as in anything else, what matters is what you think and what you believe. Not what others think. I also weep at the injustice. But he world is fillled with

Tom has moved on, so can I.

I also believe that in the future, books, of good critical analysis will be written, and time, and his CV will speak for themselves.

Cheers

This, right now everyone is in knee jerk reaction mode. Remember the Manning media remarks? Every week it seems like its someone new. Matt Ryan is playing the best, no wait, rodgers is playing the best, no wait, its this guy. Typical media BS. After Brady and Rodgers are retired and gone, Brady's career stands alone.

I'm with you. The quality of QBs in the league pretty much sucks right now.

As far as Rodgers, I'm a fan. I think he is a great QB. Does that make him the greatest of all time or better than Brady? No, not even close. But he is and has been my second fave QB to watch play in recent years.

The coaching is bad too but that's an entire different discussion

Andy Reid SUCKS

Right now Rodgers is playing out of his mind , the throws he is making are almost unbelievable , I would love to see Brady and Rodgers go at it in the Super Bowl but the Packer defense is sub par so it would be a little uneven most likely. Rodgers is great but he's not the GOAT yet........plus Rodgers doesn't have a GOAT HC like BB many of the Packers heart break loses are because of poor coaching decisions.

Brady had a pretty shitty game Saturday night too.
So what?
It's pretty impressive that AR could be as efficient as he was sans his best receiver.

I think that Brady guy might be missing someone on the receiving end, too. :D

I think that Brady guy might be missing someone on the receiving end, too. :D

He is (Gronk I assume), but he has a lot more options than AR does right now. Saturday was partly, IMO a product of not having them all/all healthy, especially Mitchell. He loves that dude like a fat kid loves cake.

Rodgers is a good QB. His style works for the system he's in and he does a good job with what he has. He gets a lot of credit for things that he probably shouldn't, but that's just how QBs go.

I don't think that anyone has proclaimed him the best ever. He's playing well now.

That throw he made to get the first down / field goal range was awesome, got to tip your hat to the guy.

He is (Gronk I assume), but he has a lot more options than AR does right now. Saturday was partly, IMO a product of not having them all/all healthy, especially Mitchell. He loves that dude like a fat kid loves cake.

Dumb take. TB12 "has a lot more options now" because he creates options. Always has. Same thing Rodgers is doing. Edelman? Hogan? Amendola? Decent guys that Brady takes to the next level. Gronk is all-world. Jordy Nelson isn't. Jordy Nelson is a Green Bay Edelman, a guy created by the system and the QB who worked hard, maximized his talent, and is the right fit for the system he's in. His production would drop off elsewhere.

And yesterday, with Nelson out, Rodgers still had his #2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 options who all played a role in the game. So, I don't buy the "less" argument at all. Are we still pretending that Green Bay's season started 8 games ago and knocking off 6 cupcakes to get to the playoffs is some amazing thing that erases 10 games of suck?

Call me when Rodgers gets Doug Gabriel a job.

Jared Cook is sort of like Bennett...would be good on other teams...and has been in the past.

That last play yesterday was clutch. No doubt.

Back