How do you feel about people acting like Rodgers is the GOAT?

Look, I'm getting feddddddddddddddddd...........................Whoops!

Sorry about that, I was typing and I suddenly fell to the side, I had only one stilton.

So, you had one limburger than another?

I would disagree with this. Brady's overall year is better, but Rodgers is playing better than anyone in the league right now and its not close.

At this moment, his last game was better than Tommy's. I agree but that can change on Sunday.

Remember earlier this year people were openly wondering "what is wrong with Aaron Rogers? He just isn't good anymore!"

he had a season and a half of below his level of play leading up to this current streak. where is his level? I suggest between the two. He is one of the top Current QB's but will it carry on?

At this moment, his last game was better than Tommy's. I agree but that can change on Sunday.

Remember earlier this year people were openly wondering "what is wrong with Aaron Rogers? He just isn't good anymore!"

he had a season and a half of below his level of play leading up to this current streak. where is his level? I suggest between the two. He is one of the top Current QB's but will it carry on?

Agreed, but Rodgers is peaking right now so he'll be a tough out in the post season. That could all change on Sunday, but as of January 17th, he's the hottest QB in football right now. Brady's game vs. Houston was statistically the worst playoff game he's participated in (QBR, etc). He's going to (and likely will) rebound nicely vs. Pittsburgh.

If Rodgers plays until he's 40, and has the same kind of production over the next 7 years as he's had over the first 9 (he's been in the league 12 years, but sat behind Favre for his first 3 years), then he has a shot at approaching or eclipsing some of Brady's career playoff records.

But he'll need to make the playoffs and win playoff games at a higher percentage than he's done so far. If he has say, two missed seasons or two one-and-done appearances, he won't come close. If Seattle rebuilds, or Dallas gets just a little better, or another strong contender emerges (Atlanta stays good? Tampa Bay steps up?), then he may not even get to Favre level for most stats.

Except in post-season TD passes. He's already pretty far up the list on that statistic. He just passed Marino and is now 5th all-time, with 33. He could get by Peyton Manning next year (or even this year, he only trails by 7 with potentially two more games to go).

Of course, staying healthy and productive after age 36 or so is hard to predict. And Rodgers has had some leg problems in the past, and his legs are a huge contributor to his success, as is his arm strength. He gets away with less than perfect mechanics because of those attributes.

It will be interesting to see whether he tries to improve the technique part of his game as age starts diminishing the physical abilities he brings to playing the position.

Agreed, but Rodgers is peaking right now so he'll be a tough out in the post season. That could all change on Sunday, but as of January 17th, he's the hottest QB in football right now. Brady's game vs. Houston was statistically the worst playoff game he's participated in (QBR, etc). He's going to (and likely will) rebound nicely vs. Pittsburgh.

ProFootballReference ‏<s>@</s>pfref <small class="time"> 48m48 minutes ago </small> In his first two appearances in the NFC Championship game, Aaron Rodgers has had a passer rating of 55.6 http://pfref.com/tiny/baNZY

C2Z4CxVXcAEH0on.jpg

He blew that out of the water on Sunday though

I just hope it doesn't end the say way it did with Brady back in 2014.

:rolleyes:

If Rodgers plays until he's 40, and has the same kind of production over the next 7 years as he's had over the first 9 (he's been in the league 12 years, but sat behind Favre for his first 3 years), then he has a shot at approaching or eclipsing some of Brady's career playoff records.

But he'll need to make the playoffs and win playoff games at a higher percentage than he's done so far. If he has say, two missed seasons or two one-and-done appearances, he won't come close. If Seattle rebuilds, or Dallas gets just a little better, or another strong contender emerges (Atlanta stays good? Tampa Bay steps up?), then he may not even get to Favre level for most stats.

Except in post-season TD passes. He's already pretty far up the list on that statistic. He just passed Marino and is now 5th all-time, with 33. He could get by Peyton Manning next year (or even this year, he only trails by 7 with potentially two more games to go).

Of course, staying healthy and productive after age 36 or so is hard to predict. And Rodgers has had some leg problems in the past, and his legs are a huge contributor to his success, as is his arm strength. He gets away with less than perfect mechanics because of those attributes.

It will be interesting to see whether he tries to improve the technique part of his game as age starts diminishing the physical abilities he brings to playing the position.

Rodgers is too injury prone to play till 40 and you are assuming he goes to that many playoff games. As you said, at some point those fast rollouts to give himself 4 seconds to find a guy open does not get easier with age.

Rodgers is too injury prone to play till 40 and you are assuming he goes to that many playoff games. As you said, at some point those fast rollouts to give himself 4 seconds to find a guy open does not get easier with age.

Good point. His game is based so much on his athleticism that he will eventually fall off and be unable to sustain that same level of excellence. I feel the same way about Russell Wilson as well. He will not be able to sustain his play for a long time because his legs are such a big part of his game.

He will not be able to sustain his play for a long time because his legs are such a big part of his game.
re
I dunno. TFB's blinding speed has served him well all down the decades. :coffee:

Cheers

re
I dunno. TFB's blinding speed has served him well all down the decades. :coffee:

Cheers

LOL. Somehow Brady has gotten faster as he has aged. Perhaps he remembered that he does have legs? Or maybe just envious of all the other QBs who run.

Back