I hate him.

Do you really believe Jordan retired? You don't think it was a wink wink nudge nudge from Donald Stearns and a quiet suspension?
To be honest that never even occurred to me and looked it up just now. Plenty possible I guess, so I guess I have to take back my shot at Jordan's ego, he's just a degenerate gambler.

Fact remains, while he was gone, it helped to show how good that Bulls team really was.

Do you really believe Jordan retired? You don't think it was a wink wink nudge nudge from Donald Stearns and a quiet suspension?

FWIW, a close friend who used to have a very senior job with the NBA swears that the often suspected Stern-Jordan deal is pure urban legend.

I THINK that person is in a position to know. I don't know if that's really true.

To be honest that never even occurred to me and looked it up just now. Plenty possible I guess, so I guess I have to take back my shot at Jordan's ego, he's just a degenerate gambler.

Fact remains, while he was gone, it helped to show how good that Bulls team really was.

Jordan is a douche whose father is dead because he is a degenrate gambler. I know I keep mentioning this but it is a running joke I have with FT that I have to keep mentioning how he is responsible for his fathers death.

And yes, those Bulls teams do not get nearly enough credit.
FWIW, a close friend who used to have a very senior job with the NBA swears that the often suspected Stern-Jordan deal is pure urban legend.

I THINK that person is in a position to know. I don't know if that's really true.

I will never believe it is not true. Never. Thinking Stearn could be telling the truth about anything is laughable at best.:shrug:

I will never believe it is not true. Never. Thinking Stearn could be telling the truth about anything is laughable at best.:shrug:

So if someone asked Stern if he killed JFK and he said no, you wouldn't believe him?

My point: Stern might be a total liar AND there may have never been a conversation with Jordan about his "forced retirement". It just might never have happened.

Jordan is a douche whose father is dead because he is a degenrate gambler. I know I keep mentioning this but it is a running joke I have with FT that I have to keep mentioning how he is responsible for his fathers death.

And yes, those Bulls teams do not get nearly enough credit.

Not sure if it shows but I hate Jordan more than Kobe. A lot has to do with the media too. If Jordan did what Kobe did and lost, headlines would read something like despite Jordan's heroic efforts Bulls lose, instead of Jordan's ball hogging disrupts flow. Maybe it's not the flow thing in itself that gets to me, just that the same media that was praising Jordan for the same thing are doing the opposite with Kobe. I hate the media, Jordan, and Kobe. I hate a lot of things, probably not very healthy

Not sure if it shows but I hate Jordan more than Kobe. A lot has to do with the media too. If Jordan did what Kobe did and lost, headlines would read something like despite Jordan's heroic efforts Bulls lose, instead of Jordan's ball hogging disrupts flow. Maybe it's not the flow thing in itself that gets to me, just that the same media that was praising Jordan for the same thing are doing the opposite with Kobe. I hate the media, Jordan, and Kobe. I hate a lot of things, probably not very healthy
You and me should hang out. lol. I friggin hate Jordan and I don't care what anyone says...he ruined basketball. At least the basketball that I fell in love with. It is all about contracts, shoes and posters now....he killed my NBA.:sulk:

You and me should hang out. lol. I friggin hate Jordan and I don't care what anyone says...he ruined basketball. At least the basketball that I fell in love with. It is all about contracts, shoes and posters now....he killed my NBA.:sulk:

Jordan "retired" about as much as I "turned down" the opportunity to bang Melissa Stark in 2001 at MNF in the D during a brief drunken interaction.

Oh how the legend of Jordan is quickly taking place of facts. That Bulls team for that era was a great team, not a good team, a great team. Jordan, Pippen, Grant, then Jordan, Pippen, Rodman. Mix in some Kerr, with a dash Harper and Kukoc.

C'mon. They won three straight titles with Jordan, then he left and they were getting knocked out by the Knicks. Then, he came back and they won three straight more titles.

C'mon. They won three straight titles with Jordan, then he left and they were getting knocked out by the Knicks. Then, he came back and they won three straight more titles.
Don't get me wrong, he was the biggest part of what made them a great team. Are you trying to say they were an average team without him? I don't think so. He wasn't that much of a difference maker. When they didn't have Jordan and a Grant/Rodman, that's when they fell to mediocrity. I said he was one of the best ever, but people make out him out to be so much more than he was. I'd say the ratio of hearing Jordan wins another championship vs Bulls win another championship was at least 4:1. The media has brainwashed everyone :)

I friggin hate Jordan and I don't care what anyone says...he ruined basketball. At least the basketball that I fell in love with.
Man, I say that all the time and I think you're the first person that agrees with that. Although unintentional I think his style of play influenced how basketball is played by individuals on all levels in a negative way, for awhile anyway. It does seem to be getting more team oriented now though, slowly.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's how I've always felt. A "Be like" Bird or Magic slogan would have been so much better for basketball

Don't get me wrong, he was the biggest part of what made them a great team. Are you trying to say they were an average team without him? I don't think so. He wasn't that much of a difference maker. When they didn't have Jordan and a Grant/Rodman, that's when they fell to mediocrity. I said he was one of the best ever, but people make out him out to be so much more than he was. I'd say the ratio of hearing Jordan wins another championship vs Bulls win another championship was at least 4:1. The media has brainwashed everyone :)

I didn't say that they were "average" without him, but they were worse than the Knicks. With him, they were a six time title winner that could win over 70 regular season games and that no opponent could force to a 7th game in the finals. That's a pretty big difference maker.

Also appropriate in a Kobe thread:

ad_tipalet_slideshow_604x500.jpg

Back