i needz a gun

When it absolutely, positively cannot live to see tomorrow:
RocketPropelledChainsaw.jpg

That's so exciting, I am going to play with myself. :bhump:

As something of an expert (various Grand Theft Autos, Rainbow Six and Delta Force) I recommend the M60, MP5, RPG, breach charge for the door (that will surprise the f*** out of anyone going through it) and flashbangs.

For the more discerning terminator, use plastic bullets or something non-lethal. This means you get to teach them the error of their ways over days, months or even years.

I don't know anything about firearms, what should I get to protect my homestead from the upcoming civil unrest?
A moat, filled with sharks who have laser beams on their frickin heads.

Yup. Smith And Wesson.

Most law enforcement use them as standard issue. Its reliable, shoots straight, and its cheap to fire. If you start to enjoy shooting, then there are a whole host of firearms out there that you could check out. But its a great first gun.

Or a 9mm Beretta for all the same reasons, but I'm not sure if one is pricier.

X, for your first handgun, all you need is a 9mm and a little training.

I don't know about the 9MM. If the guy is strung out on drugs, it might not have enough knockdown power for me. I'd still go with a Glock 10MM. They'll notice that.

Are those in your personal collection Major Asshole? If so bravo. But I don't think an MP40 or a Sturmgewehr was what he was looking for.

Although that PPSh would certainly do the trick for home defense

Is that Rifle a Gewehr?

you can always buy the AR-15
ar-15-2.jpg
Not if you don't want to pay way over retail. Wait for the Obamification of the markets to subside, too many douches asking for $1300+ for $600-$800 guns.

Are those in your personal collection Major Asshole? If so bravo. But I don't think an MP40 or a Sturmgewehr was what he was looking for.

Although that PPSh would certainly do the trick for home defense

Is that Rifle a Gewehr?
ROFL
No Jaric. I don't own any guns(in this country at least). Those are my favorite COD5 guns.
Yes the rifle is a Gewehr.
The top one(STG44) is my favorite. But the MP40 is not far behind. That would indeed be an impresive collection. The germans had some really nice guns.

You've led a charmed life sir :)

I'm just speaking form my own experience with hand guns

the last time a friend took me out shooting, and we put up a wooden target about 30 feet away
I successfully missed with with a whole clip of 45
It was well below the high water mark of my life

true, blessed indeed

I like Glocks but one must be very careful with the trigger/safety when carrying CCW.

some personal tools...

stuff.jpg

Concealed carry? nope Home protection?yup You live alone now, but could that change? if i'm fortunate If it's just for home protection, why a handgun? Shotguns can be nicely intimidating...and you can go shooting with Matt Light. and Cheney

You say target shooting once a year, but if you are truly serious about using your weapon for self defense then you need to treat it better than the other weapon and pull it out much more often. i'll follow the advise at the dealer as to training and safety

How large a man are you? 5'9" 188# Does the handgun fit your hand comfortably or do you feel like you're holding a cannon or JD's micro matchbox? What handguns have you fired before? none, just some 22 target

thanks for the inputs and things to consider

If you aren't going to carry, a Glock is hard to beat, easy to clean, reliable, stick with 9mm, no reason to go bigger, a .40 is a lot more kick but ballistically not a whole lot more of anything else. A .45 is probably over the top although I use a nice Colt Defender as my daily carry weapon but that's as much a personal choice as anything. If you are concerned enough to want to have a gun locked and loaded, then I'd recommend something single action so you can keep it cocked and locked and safetied and would maybe suggest a Browning Hi Power (if you have small hands this might not be as good an idea). The other thing about 9mm is it's a lot cheaper than .40 or .45 and easier to find now that everyone has gone into panic mode about ammo getting ubertaxed by Obama. If it's just for under the bed, I agree with everyone else, 12 gauge, mossberg 500, available for very cheap, very effective, doesn't require much practice. I have one for just such a purpose in case the wife ever needs it. Point and shoot, not much else to worry about, plus the smaller shot has less chance of going through interior walls and creating more havoc...

thanks for the input, i'm not truly concerned this is just something that i've been considering for some years now.

Back