If a player is medically cleared,should he play?

If a player is medically cleared,should he play?

• yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • depends

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
Vis a vis this situation,I have been thinking about how I would handle this scenario were I a coach. Interested in hearing your thoughts on your choices.

Kevin Stefanski: Deshaun Watson was medically cleared, but he didn’t feel he could go​

Published October 2, 2023 03:10 PM
Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson was the one who made the decision not to play on Sunday.

Asked if Watson was medically cleared to play in Sunday’s loss to the Ravens, Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski answered, “Yes.”

So why didn’t Watson play? Stefanski said Watson didn’t believe his injured shoulder was ready.

“He knows his body. He’s played through serious pain before. Very, very serious injuries. It wasn’t a matter of pain tolerance or anything. He just did not feel like he had his full faculties,” Stefanski said.

Stefanski said the Browns’ coaches didn’t know until pregame warmups whether Watson could play.

“We listed him as questionable. He didn’t throw all week, and we had to get to the game, that was going to be the first time he was going to throw to see, ultimately, how he felt,” Stefanski said.

Watson felt like he couldn’t go, and that meant it was time to turn to rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Thompson-Robinson had an ugly debut, with three interceptions and four sacks, and the Browns lost 28-3.

It's tough with your throwing shoulder. I think it depends on the level of pain and restricted motion.

Watson is The Face Of The Cleveland Franchise
Watson is on the 2nd year of a 5 year $$230MM Fully Guaranteed Contract
Watson is to receive $$46MM Fully Guaranteed for playing 17+ games this year
Watson is a douche-bitch for not playing this past Sunday after Rx clearance

Watson is ascared of a his throwing shoulder but will risk a pull on throwing his groin out 24/7 :shake:

Please tell Bill Belichick not to trade Mac Jones for Dorian Thompson-Robinson…

A very wise professor in school once told me "Patients don't walk on their radiographs".

All the rads, CT scans and MRI scans in the world can't tell any doctor how the patient actually feels.
I chose "depends" on the survey simply because the patient always has the final determination.
"Depends" is the only possible answer. A docs clearance is only the first step toward adequate function.

A very wise professor in school once told me "Patients don't walk on their radiographs".

All the rads, CT scans and MRI scans in the world can't tell any doctor how the patient actually feels.
I chose "depends" on the survey simply because the patient always has the final determination.
"Depends" is the only possible answer. A docs clearance is only the first step toward adequate function.
100% agree

watson not at practice today and this is after a bye. dr on nfl sirius quite puzzled on this.

watson still not practicing yesterday...nfl serius guest doc and hosts continue to be puzzled. they stop short of questioning his motives but that is the undertone.

Back