If the Pats win the superbowl, is all forgiven?

If the Pats win the superbowl, is all forgiven?

• Oh Hell Yeah. The haters can suckit!!!

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • I guess so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe / Maybe Not / who can say?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I don't think so

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Absolutely not. Cheating cheaters who cheat never win, dammit.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Other, please explain (Thomas144 option)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dchester

Snoop Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple question. What say you?

Personally? I'm not mad at them to begin with, if you're referring to Deflategate. If they win, I forgive them for all the scrutiny they've faced from me personally in regards to their recent shortcomings in the playoffs and Super Bowls. I'll forgive them for not winning in 10 years with a win in Glendale, sure.

In the media, absolutely not. My perception is that the reputation of the Patriots (Belichick/Brady, etc..) has been very, very damaged in the mainstream media. There simply aren't enough intelligent people out there to realize that the whole deflate gate (as well as spy gate to an extent) is simply not a big deal, but the team's success has clouded their vision. They wouldn't please everyone else in America unless they were punished severely or forfeit.

Personally? I'm not mad at them to begin with, if you're referring to Deflategate. If they win, I forgive them for all the scrutiny they've faced from me personally in regards to their recent shortcomings in the playoffs and Super Bowls. I'll forgive them for not winning in 10 years with a win in Glendale, sure.

In the media, absolutely not. My perception is that the reputation of the Patriots (Belichick/Brady, etc..) has been very, very damaged in the mainstream media. There simply aren't enough intelligent people out there to realize that the whole deflate gate (as well as spy gate to an extent) is simply not a big deal, but the team's success has clouded their vision. They wouldn't please everyone else in America unless they were punished severely or forfeit.

Brady's legacy if he lose... 3-3 in SB not the same as 4-2...

A win would have (potentially) put a muzzle on the "they haven't won since spygate" spiel
now the perception is reinforced - regardless of how deflateGate plays out - that they still cheat and it's just a matter of catching them in the act.

Doesn't effect my life in any material way, but I'd prefer not to have this crap dominating the airwaves/media.

Brady's legacy if he lose... 3-3 in SB not the same as 4-2...

Chargers Entire Legacy - 0-1 (49-26, Super Bowl Record for TD Passes Allowed)

18miu1r0inebagif.jpg

To their fans they already are, to the rest of the world Belichick and Brady could save a kitten who had the cure to cancer and obesity from an Al Qaeda run by Hitler and Richard Simmons and they'd still be hated.

Should I not have assumed that you'd be able to understand how difficult it is to even make it to the Super Bowl?

I do...

Jim Kelly 4 in a row...

Montana-Brashaw 4 SB win

TB @ 3-2 now...

Aikman @ 3-0.... nobody's aknowledge him as a great QB

Brady's got 3... the kicker won those 3 games...

the last 2 he played very well and won the game for them... but Sheli, Tirey on a miracle catch , and Samuel screwed him up...

I do...

Jim Kelly 4 in a row...

Montana-Brashaw 4 SB win

TB @ 3-2 now...

the last 2 he played very well and won the game for them... but Sheli, Tirey on a miracle catch , and Samuel screwed him up...

All the QBs you named are considered all-time great QBs. Not sure where you're going with this.

I would also debate that Brady played "well" in the 2011 game, but that's probably not the best use of my time seeing as we'll be playing in Glendale in a week and half and the Chargers, well, won't.

I do...

Jim Kelly 4 in a row...

Montana-Brashaw 4 SB win

TB @ 3-2 now...

Steve-Carell-why-are-you-the-way-that-you-are.gif

I do...

Jim Kelly 4 in a row...

Montana-Brashaw 4 SB win

TB @ 3-2 now...

Actually, you're on to something here, albeit in a round about kind of way. It's a little know fact, but Adam Vinatieri DID clone himself 52 times in those years, so every guy on the Patriots roster was actually a Vinatieri clone, and in fact, the kicker.

...and I thought that secret was safe...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can't go on your pole because there is nothing to forgive.

If they win the SB, I get new balls, so that's the important thing. Everything is about the balls right now.

Back