If You Could Go Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Go?

Reaction score
I'd like to go back to the Mid-Atlantic states within the next couple of years. I went there twice back in 2011, and I may want to move down there someday. I like it down there.

I'd also like to see, for the first time, the Rocky Mountains, the desert in Arizona, and Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.

How about you? Where would like to to travel to at some point in your life?

Canada, Italy, lots of South America, Japan and South Korea.

In the US, I'd like to visit New Orleans and New England. A trip to Foxboro one day is a must. Also, I would love to see the really remote bits; the UK just doesn't do properly remote like you guys do.

We've been to NYC a few times (friends live there), Denver, San Francisco, various places in between and Vegas. We loved the Rockies in particular.

I forgot to add- if you get a chance, catch a train. We got the California Zephyr from Denver to Emeryville (just outside Oalkand). We stopped off at Granby, CO, and Truckee, CA, for some overnight stays.

A friend is from Portland and she knows the West very well. Her advice was to travel across it, not fly over. We travelled over the Rockies, through canyons, over the desert and Sierra Nevada.

Where I haven't been: Australia
Where I have been: I'd like to do Paris again with my wife

I'd like to go back to the Mid-Atlantic states within the next couple of years. I went there twice back in 2011, and I may want to move down there someday. I like it down there.

I'd also like to see, for the first time, the Rocky Mountains, the desert in Arizona, and Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.

How about you? Where would like to to travel to at some point in your life?
If you haven't seen much of the US, then definitely see the US first. And yes, Maui is the best, as Joolz has noted. But in my book, the Bay State runs a very close second (really, really close), and it's the place I'll always call home.

However, if your travel budget allows, consider visiting other countries. If your budget is small, start with Canada and see Nova Scotia. Then hop on over to Montreal; it has the vibe of a European city.

If that suits you, then add some visits to Europe to your itinerary. I've been to several European countries (the UK, France, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands) - I have fond memories of all those places.

I've been to South America and Australia (I currently live in Australia), and several islands in the Pacific besides Hawaii.

The US is a great country, but there are other great countries, too, and other storied cultures. You may, like me, end up seeing the flaws of the US more clearly, but it's possible you'll come to appreciate the virtues of the US even more.

And to answer the question posed in the title of your thread - right now, my answer is New Zealand. It's nearby, and a travel bubble just opened between Australia and New Zealand. It's getting on toward Southern Hemisphere winter now, but in about six months both the weather and my schedule will be in synch and I should be able to get over there.

Except for flying out to Hawaii (Maui), I've never really been off the east coast of the US. From Maine to Florida I've been, but nothing west of those states in the contiguous US.

I would love to do the RV thing (though more on the Overlanding side) with no time table. Meandering from place to place as the mood strikes and seeing all the great areas this country has to offer.

One day.

I'd love to travel to the pyramids/Valley of the Kings in Eygpt, but not the way things are over there.

As an alternative, I'd love to see Machu Picchu in Peru, but my wife has zero interest, so I'd be happy enough to spend a few weeks in Scotland. If I could swing it, I'd travel on the Royal Scotsman
train to the Highlands. Play some Golf and drink some whisky. In this country, I'd love to take in some bigtime College football. I might start with an LSU game at Tiger Stadium and spend some more time in New Orleans. I wouldn't travel anywhere just to eat, but the restaurants/bars in that city are unbelievable. It's an unmatchable blend of sleazy and beautiful.

I've been to a number of places, China, Japan and Taiwan many times, all over Europe, Ethiopia and some other African countries, all over the Middle East; Saudi, UAE, Oman, Turkey on to India and right across the US, from the east through the midwest out to California and Seattle.

I haven't been to South America, I'd love to visit Brazil and Argentina. And I've actually never been to Australia which is strange for an Irish person to say as you'll find most Irish people have been over there, many while students or after finishing college for a period of time. I want to go to Australia and New Zealand.

A summer of RV'ing the national parks is in my near future.
Salmon fishing in Iceland.
The north coast of the Mediterranean with special interest in Greece and Italy.
Costa Rica again, Belize.
I'd like to do the garden tour of England; maybe next year.
Hawaii is already a favorite - the Big Island with its black sand beaches and volcanoes & Kauai with its gorgeous beaches, the Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon are favs.
So many places; so little time.

To live? Somewhere with warm breezes, no snow and beautiful ocean vistas. I hear Costa Rica is loaded with American retirees.

I love NH where I live. I have been all over and there is nowhere I prefer to here but I have always wanted to go scuba diving in the Cayman Islands.

Been scuba diving for years and the crystal clear waters just look sublime.

The Grand Tetons and anywhere I can see the aurora borrealis (sp), preferrably Iceland.
Make sure to bring a windbreaker, I don't think the wind ever stops blowing there. I spent a week there at Keflavik and the winds were just ferocious but outside of that it's a beautiful place to visit.

New Zealand and Australia.
Antartica
Galapagos Islands

In 3 weeks I'll be in the Tetons and Yellowstone, toward the end we will be spending a few days in the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone, this is the area they re introduced the wolves into with great success. I've seen plenty of black and grizzly bears in my time, hoping to see and photograph some wolves on this trip.

Back