If you're Brady and you win the SB... do you retire?

Do you retire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD10367

Reaction score
Now that this is becoming a distinct possibility... What would you do?

YES. I'm the GOAT. I'm in the record books. I've been to seven Bowls and won five of them. I have nothing left to prove. I'm going out on top, before my skills decline and I get benched. I have no need to put my body through the grueling grind of the offseason, training camp, et cetera. I've got more money than I know what to do with. I have a hot wife. I'm still relatively healthy. It's time to spend more time with my family and start the next challenge in my life. You read it here first: in 2024... President Brady. It's time to pass the torch to Jimmy G and ride off into the sunset.

NO. I can still play at a very high level. There's nothing I like doing better than playing football for the Patriots--great camaraderie, great owner, best coach ever, great fans. I can solidify my status as the GOAT and distance myself even further from everyone else. If I wasn't playing football I'd drive my wife crazy. I'm in better physical shape at 39 than I was at 29 and I want to continue to amaze people with my ability to play well and stay in shape. I want to go into the record books as the oldest, longest-playing, and most successful QB ever. I'm not even 40 yet; there will be plenty of time after football to accomplish more things. You read it here first: in 2034... President Brady. Sorry, Jimmy G, you'll have to go star elsewhere.

This is a tough question. Ultimately it's not about what you think Brady would do, but what you would do in that position. Me? I'd retire. I'd rather go out on top of the mountain than get pushed from the pinnacle. I've already accomplished record-setting things, and I can still walk around without limping. It's not worth risking watching my skills decline, listening to the whispers, possibly getting seriously hurt. I'm getting out while I can do it in relative health. As we saw in 2007, nothing is guaranteed.

No. He should play as long as he feels like he can and keep going until the sharp decline happens. Maybe I would retire, but Brady loves it too much and he's playing the best football of his life. Hopefully he continues until he doesn't have it anymore.

Brady was the best player in the league at age 39. If I was of him, of course I would keep playing. No reason to ever stop when you are the best at your position which is the toughest position to play in all of team sports.

No, I go once more, win one more, begin my career with 3 SBs in 4 years and end it with 3 more in 4 more.
Or should I stick around for 4 in 5 Years? :huh:
Cheers

Which Question?

Now that this is becoming a distinct possibility... What would you do?

Me, I'd retire.

Brady? He still feels hungry to me, as best as I can tell through the TV screen. If you are that good, if you have enough drive to become that good, you keep going as long as you can. A major injury might be cause to reconsider, or a significant drop in performance, but I don't see him stopping because he's bored.

Go out on top. Clocking #5 removes all doubt.

I don't believe there is any doubt once he got #4 two years ago with the historic comebacks vs the Ravens and Seahags BUT there is a part of me that would LOVE if he did retire on top because there are so many fans out there just salivating at the prospect of watching him decline and he would deny them that. And also be the only QB to play almost 20 years with never having a down year.

I said yes but after reading all the responses, I realize that I voted as if it were me.

TFB will probably never retire. He'll make BB cut him.

Me? I honestly don't know. It's tempting to go out on top, but if you're still playing well, I say roll the dice and go for it. I think Brady will keep going until the skills start to go. When that happens, he'll retire. He loves playing too much.

<center>Patty*</center>

You can only play for a little while longer...and you have the rest of your life to do other things.

You play as long as you can get paid...and do it well. Obviously your heart has to be in it though.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

I can see why some players retire too late...they love the game so much. I don't blame them either.

I think that Tom has always made clear that he just loves playing. He's genuine in that and you know he's not thinking of his legacy yet. He just wants to play football. He's like a kid in that regard. So he'll keep playing as long as he thinks he can perform and especially important to him, be a great teammate and contribute.

One thing that was brought home to be again on Saturday is just how damn tough Tom really is. The hits that guy takes is unreal at times. He does not have the O Lines that the Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers do. Only Luck gets the same punishment that Tom does. And he's not a Wilson who has the wheels to escape from a bad O line either.

Tom gets battered and he gets up each time and goes directly to the huddle. It's a very unheralded aspect of his play.

I don't think he should retire, a lot of players don't go out on top and honestly it's not even important. You have already cemented your legacy as one of the greatest ever, if not the greatest .. the way he's playing right now at 39 he still has about 3-4 years left in him

I guess it depends on what you want to do after football and how soon. It isn't like he needs the money. I like seeing most players go out at the top (except for Manning because he was pretty horrid despite his team winning last year). I would say something about how will team be put together next year, but it is BB and Robert Kraft, they can make filet mignon out of hamburger.

Me personally, I would probably because while his body is good, one good hit could mean retirement forced upon by injury.

I guess it depends on what you want to do after football and how soon. It isn't like he needs the money. I like seeing most players go out at the top (except for Manning because he was pretty horrid despite his team winning last year). I would say something about how will team be put together next year, but it is BB and Robert Kraft, they can make filet mignon out of hamburger.

Me personally, I would probably because while his body is good, one good hit could mean retirement forced upon by injury.

Die in the saddle.

Back