In Celebration Of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick & The New England Patriots

FG0aCRyWUAo1znI
Just a (most unimportant thought) thought, AS we know, Tom's career got up and running in 2001. . As we know, . In the above chart, from 2k on, the Ratbirds and Stillers combined to out "victory" the pats 31 to 30. Ravens in 2001 (2000 season) won 4 of those games and the title. If you make it since the 2001 season and the Brady era here, It's Pats 30 wins to Stiller and Rats 27. That's all.

cheers

I am glad this thread is still trucking along. So much to celebrate. If Brady does indeed retire, I hope we can begin to augment this with his Pats and NFL Hof inductions. I heard someone mention, I forget who, that Brady was leaning toward Bill doing his HoF introduction. That would be pretty sweet if it happens.

I am glad this thread is still trucking along. So much to celebrate. If Brady does indeed retire, I hope we can begin to augment this with his Pats and NFL Hof inductions. I heard someone mention, I forget who, that Brady was leaning toward Bill doing his HoF introduction. That would be pretty sweet if it happens.
It's gonna be Gisele and Dr.Quack (aka Alex G.) Nobody's beating them out. That's G's call, like everything else.

It's gonna be Gisele and Dr.Quack (aka Alex G.) Nobody's beating them out. That's G's call, like everything else.
Dr. Concussion Water would have Brady play until he's 60 if he could. Every second he stays in the league now, his pockets get lined.

Now Mazz, don't start taking that to be the view of the rest of us. We May have clashed on Thomas Brady the past while, you and many of us here, but we've always been consistent and said he was a hero when here and is, without doubt, the GOAT. That's not up for debate with most of us.

I really hope he retires as Patriot. And he will for sure get the send-off he deserves from all Patriot fans.

Now Mazz, don't start taking that to be the view of the rest of us. We May have clashed on Thomas Brady the past while, you and many of us here, but we've always been consistent and said he was a hero when here and is, without doubt, the GOAT. That's not up for debate with most of us.

I really hope he retires as Patriot. And he will for sure get the send-off he deserves from all Patriot fans.
I know Roberto. Thank you for saying that. Many here see Brady as you describe. It is just baffling to me that some others really hate the guy and believe he was some sort of traitor for leaving as a FA at age 42. That being said, I do hope time can heal all wounds and once he does retire and some time has passed, folks can come around. I do understand that there is a healing process for some as when players leave they have a tough time not feeling tribal and hurt and that gets expressed maybe in feelings that are raw and somewhat in the moment.

I don't blame Tom one iota for leaving. He was here with the same Head Coach for nigh on 20 YEARS! It's insane that we had a QB-HC relationship at the very highest level for that long. We won't see the like of this ever again with any team. Bill has always said he is a hard coach to play for. So there's no blame for Tom wanting something new.

I can't wait to see him back here and getting the red jacket and then the yellow one.

If I'm being completely honest, most of my "ill feelings" towards Brady left after I read that he had a talk with BB after the game in week 4.

It seems like there was closure as Brady seemed to be less annoying about tiptoeing around any NE questions and whatnot.

We all know BB has been nothing but complementary towards him, so it seems appreciation is very much mutual.

I still hope he retires, because watching him in that Bucs uniform is not something I enjoy.

I'm sure he will be fully embraced once he retires and comes back to a hero's welcome at halftime in a game with a red jacket, and then a gold jacket.

You are probably 70% of the reason why people here have negative feelings towards Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm sure she feels she deserves a higher grade than a C-.

Man, the bitterness is so deep. I really hope that can subside somewhat after he does retire. Would be a shame to loathe the guy that helped make the Patriots the best franchise in NFL history.

This sounds sort of familiar. Hmm.

:coffee:

You are probably 70% of the reason why people here have negative feelings towards Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not her alone, but people like her...95%? I had near zero resentment toward Tom Brady before and even after he decided to leave (and it WAS his decision.) I say "near zero" because he did begin to annoy me with his public petulance and then public trashing of his receivers on Scratchy Gray's national radio show. But, my negative feelings increased in proportion to the "loathing" of Bill Belichick and, by association, the Patriots which exploded when fueled by faux Patriot fans who were always Brady fans and never primarily Patriot fans. They've NEVER, despite their constant lies to the contrary, rooted for the Patriots since Brady left. They can't because any Patriot success brings with it Belichick success, and they'll NEVER abide that.

Quarterback Tom Brady's legacy transcends the statistics he produced over a 22-season career, but his records and achievements have set a bar that will be hard to top.

Brady rewrote much of the NFL record book with personal and team accomplishments that spanned 20 seasons with the New England Patriots and the past two with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

One of the few goals he didn't reach? Leaving with back-to-back titles with the Bucs, but that doesn't diminish his reputation as the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

Here are some of the ways Brady left his mark on the game and the reasons he's considered the GOAT.

Brady, by the numbers​

Tom Brady rewrote the NFL record book, setting a bar that may never be reached by another quarterback. Michael Reaves/Getty Images
  • 22 NFL seasons (20 for Patriots, two for Buccaneers)
  • Most touchdown passes in NFL history (624)
  • Only quarterback with 600 career touchdown passes in the regular season
  • Most passing yards in NFL history (84,520)
  • 243 career regular-season wins, most in NFL history
  • Most playoff wins in NFL history (35)
  • Thirty-five career playoff wins are 19 more than any other QB (Joe Montana was second with 16)
  • Most Super Bowl appearances (10) and wins (seven) in NFL history
  • Five-time Super Bowl MVP, most in NFL history
  • ESPN Sports & Information Group
  • All-time playoff leader in touchdown passes (86), passing yards (13,049) and completions (1,165)
  • Fifteen-time Pro Bowl selection, most in NFL history
  • Three-time NFL MVP (2007, 2010, 2017)
  • 2009 Comeback Player of the Year
  • Named to NFL 100 All-Time Team (one of 10 QBs)
  • Second player in NFL history to lead the league in both passing yards and passing TDs in his final season. The other was Cecil Isbell, who did it for the 1942 Packers when there were 10 teams in the league.
  • Brady's career-high 5,316 passing yards and 43 passing TDs are the most by a player in his final season in NFL history.
  • Ninety-two different players caught a touchdown pass from Brady, including in the playoffs. That's the most different targets on touchdowns in NFL history.
  • First player to win NFL championships in three different decades (Elias)
  • First QB to start a Super Bowl win for a team in both conferences
  • First player in NFL history to win multiple titles after turning 40 (Elias)
    • Fourth player in NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA history to win multiple titles after turning 40 (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Enos Slaughter, Jack Quinn were the others)
    • Second QB to win Super Bowl in first season with team (Trent Dilfer was the first in 2000)
    • Brady has more Super Bowl wins than any franchise all-time (Patriots and Steelers have six each, 49ers and Cowboys have five each). In addition, Brady has 35 career postseason wins, more than 29 active franchises (all except for the Patriots, Steelers and Packers).
    • Brady is the oldest player to win a championship-round MVP in NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL history, per Elias. He's also the oldest player (43) to appear in a Super Bowl.
    • Brady threw for 74,571 yards and 541 touchdowns with the Patriots, which both rank as the most for a single team in NFL history.
    • Including playoffs, Brady's 135 wins and 304 touchdowns at Gillette Stadium were the most by any QB at one stadium in NFL history. The only other QB with 100-plus wins at one stadium including the postseason is John Elway at Mile High Stadium (104).
    • Brady and Patriots coach Bill Belichick made nine Super Bowl appearances in 20 seasons together, which is more than any other team across NFL history. They have also combined to register the most Super Bowl appearances and wins by a starting QB-head coach combination in NFL history.
    • There has never been another player and head coach duo to spend 20 seasons together in NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB history. Their 249 wins including the playoffs are the most by any starting QB-head duo all time.
    • Brady won his final league MVP award in the 2017 season when he was 40 years old, becoming the oldest player in NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB history to win league MVP honors. The only other 40-year-old to achieve the feat is Barry Bonds in 2004. We'll find out if Brady will win his fourth MVP on Feb. 12.
      Courtesy of ESPN Stats & Information.

Back