Inspire Brands to buy Dunkin’ Brands Group for $11.3 billion

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score

Inspire Brands, which owns Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings and Sonic Drive-In, said its all-cash deal to take the owner of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins chains private would value it at $106.50 a share. That represents a nearly 20% premium over Dunkin’s last closing share price on Oct. 23, before the New York Times first reported the deal talks.

“Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins are category leaders with more than 70 years of rich heritage, and together they are two of the most iconic restaurant brands in the world,” co-founder and CEO of Inspire Brands, Paul Brown, said in a statement. “By joining Inspire, these brands will add complementary guest experiences and occasions to our current portfolio.

Inspire Brands, which owns Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings and Sonic Drive-In, said its all-cash deal to take the owner of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins chains private would value it at $106.50 a share. That represents a nearly 20% premium over Dunkin’s last closing share price on Oct. 23, before the New York Times first reported the deal talks.

“Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins are category leaders with more than 70 years of rich heritage, and together they are two of the most iconic restaurant brands in the world,” co-founder and CEO of Inspire Brands, Paul Brown, said in a statement. “By joining Inspire, these brands will add complementary guest experiences and occasions to our current portfolio.
jerry maguire money GIF

Hopefully they will end up bring some Sonics to NH.

That would be awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to like Sonic because I love drive ins but ick. I adore banana anything, but their banana shakes, meh.

I used to love DD. but their doughnuts are trash now. My bf took me to a local place on the east side that is god awesome so that's my go to there. Someone else showed me the local doughnut hotspot on the west side, so i am covered!
maybe Inspire will MADDAA...make dunkin doughnuts awesome again, but kinda doubt it.

We have had a DD for a few years now, I still have yet to eat there. A local grocery store has great donuts and a local donut place is even better. Plus both are local.

Years ago (since 1993) I had stock in Green Mountain Coffee/Keurig. When they were acquired privately by JAB Holding in 2015 I took my money and chose not to further invest. I toyed with the idea of buying Dunkin' at the time but passed (I think they were trading around $40/share). Inspire is acquiring them at $106.50/share. Shoulda, coulda, woulda 🤦‍♀️

Similar to the Dunkin'/Inspire story.

WATERBURY, Vt.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. ("Keurig Green Mountain") (NASDAQ:GMCR), a personal beverage system company that has revolutionized the way consumers create and enjoy beverages, and JAB Holding Company ("JAB") today announced that the companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which a JAB-led investor group will acquire Keurig Green Mountain for $92.00 per share in cash, or a total equity value of approximately $13.9 billion. The agreement, which has been unanimously approved by Keurig Green Mountain's Board of Directors, represents a premium of approximately 77.9% over Keurig Green Mountain's closing stock price on December 4, 2015.
I bought in GMCR in 1993 at $10/share :)

Sorry for the hijack.

Sonic isn't very good imo, but, if you go there, the chicken strip meal with Texas toast is decent. Sonic has a very good cherry limeade, it pairs very well with vodka. :coffee:

What's Buffalo Wild Wings like? Never ate there. I love wings.
\
They are actually not bad and have many varied types of wings. Got one here n Concord , NH that we hit on occasion and it's almost like a sports bar with all kindsa TVs.

DDs is trash. Coffee sucks, as do their donuts. Most overrated thing about New England.
They used to be fantastic, but so mass produced that their product isn’t worth it. Give me Starbucks any day (if I can’t make it at home).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Best development in recent years?

Both sell iced coffee in bottles at grocery now. Both consistently good and cheaper and ready before I even leave the house.

I wanted to like Sonic because I love drive ins but ick. I adore banana anything, but their banana shakes, meh.

I used to love DD. but their doughnuts are trash now. My bf took me to a local place on the east side that is god awesome so that's my go to there. Someone else showed me the local doughnut hotspot on the west side, so i am covered!
maybe Inspire will MADDAA...make dunkin doughnuts awesome again, but kinda doubt it.
Jack Frost on Pearl Rd?

yup jack frost! the person who told me lives in old brooklyn close to there.
east side spot is biagio's

Back