Is Randy's Career Over?

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
Former Patriots receiver Randy Moss played in his fifth game with the Tennessee Titans last night, a 30-28 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The game itself wasn't as compelling as the Titans' usage of Moss.

Moss, who was hardly on the field, finished without a catch.

After watching him play almost every snap with New England since his arrival in 2007, it was unusual to see Moss in such a secondary role, as a non-factor. The Titans' two-receiver set mostly featured Kenny Britt (returning from a hamstring injury) and Nate Washington.

"It's just that Kenny was a starter here and he came back. He fought back," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said, according to the Huntsville Times. "I'm pleased with everything Randy has done. He's been great with the guys and great in the locker room and he'll continue to play."

In five games with the Titans, Moss has five catches for 62 yards. The lack of production is tied, in part, to instability at quarterback because of injuries.

But last night was a different story as Moss was hardly used.

Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean blogged about Moss, writing: "His snaps were significantly reduced. He didn’t enter the game until the 5-minute mark of the second quarter. He didn’t have a catch — he wasn’t even thrown to, in fact, despite chants of “Randy, Randy, Randy” from the LP Field crowd. ... Fisher said he would continue to rotate Britt and Moss since they play the same position. Fisher said he doesn’t anticipate Moss being a problem despite his reduced role. Moss blew off reporters in the locker room as well."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

What do you think? Will he resurrect his career in 2011, or is he pretty much done?

Resurrect? No, but he's better than this. Give him a full offseason with a team and QB and things will look better.

He won't get a big contract, and certainly not a long term deal. But someone will sign him late the way TO got signed. Hopefully he will go out with more dignity than he's had to suffer this year.

Let's face it, Randy screwed himself big time when he couldn't just shut up and play football here in New England.

If he hadn't gone on his post-game contract tirade after the opening week win, he would probably still be wearing a Patriots uniform. In addition, he should have just STFU when he was/ is no longer the focal point of the offense. Play your role and you shall be rewarded. Become a trash talking diva with a depreciating skill set and you will banished to obscurity. It's that simple.

Randy has certainly run his career into the ground..

Yup. I assume he can still 'ball', but he really hasn't done anything this year. He didn't really look elite with Brady, he did nothing with Favre, and now he's fading from memory in Nashville. I'm sure he'll get signed somewhere simply because of his name and celebrity, but I'm starting to believe it's going to be tough for him to ever put up great numbers again.

Randy doesn't run very many different routes, and the ones he excelled at are ones that will probably be the most affected by diminished skills from age. Plus, those routes require a half-decent QB.

It's too bad he didn't retire in the off-season or something. I'd love to see him have a more respectable exit, but I think that will largely depend on who he signs with. If it isn't a contender with a good to great QB, I think he's done completely.

I'm not going to bash Randy. He was phenomenal here for us and for the team.

He would have had a chance with Minnesota if their dickhead coach hadn't been such a moron. They would have used him, and he probably would have been successful.

Tennessee is wasting him. They have Britt back, and defenses are doubling up on him. Why aren't they putting Randy on the other seam to confuse the defenses? Having Britt and Moss together on the field seems like a dream come true to me, but I hardly saw Randy lining up when Britt was on the field. They're using him to block or not using him at all.

I think it's very sad. The Titans have a weapon that they don't know what to do with. They suck, anyway.

Yup. I assume he can still 'ball', but he really hasn't done anything this year. He didn't really look elite with Brady, he did nothing with Favre, and now he's fading from memory in Nashville. I'm sure he'll get signed somewhere simply because of his name and celebrity, but I'm starting to believe it's going to be tough for him to ever put up great numbers again.

Randy doesn't run very many different routes, and the ones he excelled at are ones that will probably be the most affected by diminished skills from age. Plus, those routes require a half-decent QB.

It's too bad he didn't retire in the off-season or something. I'd love to see him have a more respectable exit, but I think that will largely depend on who he signs with. If it isn't a contender with a good to great QB, I think he's done completely.

That's a bit harsh. There was no indication this offseason that Moss was going to suffer a meltdown. We were all predicting a huge year from him. I think that he's clearly lost something, but he can still play.

That's a bit harsh. There was no indication this offseason that Moss was going to suffer a meltdown. We were all predicting a huge year from him. I think that he's clearly lost something, but he can still play.

I didn't mean it like that lol. I meant that I like the guy, and it's too bad he didn't retire before all of this drama tarnished his legacy and turned him into a sideline cheerleader in Tennessee.

Moss is finished. He has no passion for he game any more and will not make the effort to be successful at the highest level. I doubt anyone will give him a shot after the Titans let him go.

He should retire and go enjoy his racing team if he still has it and anything else he wants to do with his millions.

Well, wouldn't y'all lose your passion for the game if you got traded by the best team in the league with the best QB in the league and then went to a team with a moron for a coach who trashed him for three stinking games in a system that he had not played in and then got cut by the same moron just because he didn't like him and then got signed to another team with no quarterback and a coach that doesn't use him but just wanted to have Randy Moss on his team for no reason whatsoever?

Yeah, I'd be pretty freakin bummed out.

I'm not going to bash Randy. He was phenomenal here for us and for the team.

He would have had a chance with Minnesota if their dickhead coach hadn't been such a moron. They would have used him, and he probably would have been successful.

Tennessee is wasting him. They have Britt back, and defenses are doubling up on him. Why aren't they putting Randy on the other seam to confuse the defenses? Having Britt and Moss together on the field seems like a dream come true to me, but I hardly saw Randy lining up when Britt was on the field. They're using him to block or not using him at all.

I think it's very sad. The Titans have a weapon that they don't know what to do with. They suck, anyway.

Vince Young had the arm to get the ball to Randy deep but Young is gone now. Kerry Collins can't throw beyond 20 yards unless he fully steps into the pass and he rarely has that time in the pocket. Randy with Collins at QB is definitely a waste.

Randy ran himself out of Foxboro and it's been downhill for him since. This is very sad and I will forever remem the gift he gave us in 2007.

But, he's lost a step and if he's lost his passion, I hope he just retires.

Well, wouldn't y'all lose your passion for the game if you got traded by the best team in the league with the best QB in the league and then went to a team with a moron for a coach who trashed him for three stinking games in a system that he had not played in and then got cut by the same moron just because he didn't like him and then got signed to another team with no quarterback and a coach that doesn't use him but just wanted to have Randy Moss on his team for no reason whatsoever?

He partially brought it on himself though, and this wouldn't be the first time being 'bummed out' negatively affected his performance *cough* Oakland *cough* .. Either he's a professional or he isn't :shrug:

I love the dude, but still.

Then he should have shut up.:shrug: I know you and I differ on this but Randy made his own bed. It is no secret how things work round these parts and he chose to ignore it. Hero to zero ain't that big a fall.

Did you see the PC Randy gave after the Patriots WON in Cinci?

He was pretty freakin bummed out when he was on a winning team with the best QB in the league and brilliant coach.

Did you see the PC Randy gave after the Patriots WON in Cinci?

He was pretty freakin bummed out when he was on a winning team with the best QB in the league and brilliant coach.

I agree. Some people just can't be satisfied. It's still sad, though.

I predict he returns to NE next offseason

he will take a team friendly contract with incentives based on not only performance but other things like dressing for the game or not

there I said it

Back