It's Cam!

Nobody is saying it's not OK for some people to be upset. All I'm saying is let's not slaughter the guy.

He needs a full pre-season, let's see how he gets on and then let's give him and the offense a chance. If things are dire by the end of October, we know it really was a bust.

$6 Million of this deal is tied to how the Pats do in the playoffs, if we get there.

I think we're looking at a lot of NLTBE incentives which means the contract is worth UP TO $14M with only the guaranteed portion counting against the cap this year.

I'd also like a QB drafted with 15 or move up if necessary to grab Jones or Lance or whomever to learn the system and be ready for next year.

One thing I'm sure of is that Cam will be healthier this year, no COVID and he's ready to begin from day 1.
We all knew signing Cam was probably going to happen. He's always made the most sense with the other QBs available.
There's no reason to get all worked up over it.

I'll disagree. Depends on how you define "available". I'd rather have Gardner Minshew for right now and I doubt Jville
really cares about keeping him around. He, for instance, would make a lot more sense to me than Cam.

Oh, and who you're starting QB is going to be could be considered a significant enough topic for folks to get a little bit worked up. A
brief sampling of NFL commenters so far indicates it won't be just us questioning this move.

This is really surprising to me. Don't get me wrong. I grew to really like Cam last season despite the poor play. He just seems like an extraordinary person. But I didn't want to see him back with the Patriots. Bill must know something that we don't after last year because it sure seems that there were better QBs that they could have pulled off of the scrap heap. :shrug-n:

This is BB's worst move of his Patriots regime. Worse than AB. Especially for the $$$$$.

Andre Rison might have been worse than this though...when he was in Cle.

Not good...

Speaking of QBs. Tom has signed a very team-friendly extension.

Saves the Buccs $19 million against the cap this year. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. Tom is great like that, does it to keep as much of the team together as possible.

I don't give a fuck about that...players want stats and wins. sCam will do neither of those things for the free agents.
To an extent. Players seem to really love Cam and I can see them going to the Patriots for a chance to play on the same team as him...as long as the money is right.

Brutal :doh:
if he seemed just to need another year to get acclimated, i'd be fine with it. but his throwing constant worm burners, (not purposefully to avoid bad plays)concerns me. not sure that will be fixed. he was never very accurate even at his best.

I want no part of cam Newton under center for the patriots next year in any capacity, starter or back up.

That said, the patriots couldn't go into this part of the spring and into the draft with (barely a) starting quarterback on the roster and expect to have any negotiating power with other teams.

I'll disagree. Depends on how you define "available". I'd rather have Gardner Minshew for right now and I doubt Jville
really cares about keeping him around. He, for instance, would make a lot more sense to me than Cam.

Oh, and who you're starting QB is going to be could be considered a significant enough topic for folks to get a little bit worked up. A
brief sampling of NFL commenters so far indicates it won't be just us questioning this move.

I knew I'd get kickback from that and that's fine. I guess it's the way I'm built but this doesn't bother me at all because I expected Cam to be back. I've also reconciled that if he had a proper off season with training camps, etc., not gotten COVID, and had some legit weapons last year that he'd have performed better. As it was, and I've posted many articles about this, he guided the O to a better EPA per drive than TB12 did in 2019. That's not to say he's better than TB12, instead it says TB12 didn't do any better with those weapons. For me, the lack of weapons and the poor defense led to our poor record more than Cam's poor play did.

So for me, someone who is always looking forward, it's time to get some weapons before crucifying this move by BB. A WR1 and a veteran TE would be a good start. And it's time to make sure the front 7 is up to par. I'm good with that but at the same time I realize others may not be. That's your prerogative.

I knew I'd get kickback from that and that's fine. I guess it's the way I'm built but this doesn't bother me at all because I expected Cam to be back. I've also reconciled that if he had a proper off season with training camps, etc., not gotten COVID, and had some legit weapons last year that he'd have performed better. As it was, and I've posted many articles about this, he guided the O to a better EPA per drive than TB12 did in 2019. That's not to say he's better than TB12, instead it says TB12 didn't do any better with those weapons. For me, the lack of weapons and the poor defense led to our poor record more than Cam's poor play did.

So for me, someone who is always looking forward, it's time to get some weapons before crucifying this move by BB. A WR1 and a veteran TE would be a good start. And it's time to make sure the front 7 is up to par. I'm good with that but at the same time I realize others may not be. That's your prerogative.
He throws divots...many of them. Like, he's the Duke of Divots...

Back