J C Jackson

And they ended up with Happy Gilmore....
I can't really blame them, JC Jackson had incredible numbers and grades before he was signed there. And to be honest, I would have coughed up close to that money to keep him here, that's why I'm typing on a keyboard.

ROFL it is? Yeah okay buddy. People whine and b*tch about no high end receiving talent. Well, maybe, just maybe getting a top 5 pick in the first 5 rounds might net you one? I mean, people whine, and complain about not losing, then when the team doesn't make the playoffs or gets bounced in round 1, are are picking top 20ish, complain that some high end receiving talent was juuuuuust out of reach.

Yeah, apologize for my opinions centered around the long term success vs sitting there on a Sunday rooting with all my soul for a win that only hurts that long term goal.
First of all, I'm not your buddy. Secondly, I'm not familiar enough with your posting history (principally because I don't care) to judge your fandom. My description of your post was spot on. There is absolutely no risk involved in the Jackson trade. None, zip, zero.

You may be correct, but fans in general, Fairweather or not, should be judging Bill on the decisions he's made and the results. Unbiased, Bill has made multiple calls that have hurt this team, that's just the facts, pretending it's not so doesn't change the results. After one awful game, it isn't the time to make any long term proclamations or decisions, but after the season it's more than reasonable to determine if Bill is still the guy for the job.
Bill is struggling with the identity of this team for sure. He is FAR from blameless.

But to root for your team to lose for a grudge against the coach is juvenile at best. When repeated ad nauseam it is well.... nauseating. Viper, not you.

Last edited:
I can't really blame them, JC Jackson had incredible numbers and grades before he was signed there. And to be honest, I would have coughed up close to that money to keep him here, that's why I'm typing on a keyboard.
And that would have been a mistake, he's not a plug and play corner, he's a scheme and situational player.

Bill is struggling with the identity of this team for sure. He is FAR from blameless.

But to root for your team to lose for a grudge against the coach is juvenile at best. When repeated ad nauseam it is well.... nauseating. Viper, not you.
Well, we have 13 games left and I believe the organization is going to have to make some long term decisions. The team is going to have the 2nd most cap space in the league, and Bill has had 4 years since he decided to move on from Brady to pt the pieces in place to rebuild the team. Alot is riding on these next 13 games.

He was fantastic in our system. It's unbelievable to me that BB was able to pull off this trade no matter how badly he was playing for the Chargers.
$1.555M for the rest of this year is a bargain even if he's only 70% what he was with us.
His contract is not guaranteed after this year which means the Pats can get out if he bombs (cut or trade) or they can re-sign him to a more team friendly deal if he plays well.

View: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1709963548011430123

Well, we have 13 games left and I believe the organization is going to have to make some long term decisions. The team is going to have the 2nd most cap space in the league, and Bill has had 4 years since he decided to move on from Brady to pt the pieces in place to rebuild the team. Alot is riding on these next 13 games.
Agree expect Brady decided to walk. The demand he made in his last contract and his actions after make that abundantly obvious.

Agree expect Brady decided to walk. The demand he made in his last contract and his actions after make that abundantly obvious.
I disagree, th
Disagree, he would have stayed for the 50M over two years and that would have still been well below the market value. Still, that's not the decision that pissed me off the most, Bill was probably just justified in believing Brady might be at the end of the road at that point, no, what is still inexcusable is his lack of preparation for that move. You want to move on from Brady at that point, fine but not having a plan was fireable In my opinion. Let's not forget it was 30 days before the season when they signed Cam, that's not a plan, that's a reaction to Brady calling his bluff. So yes Bill should get to the end of the season to save his job, but everything he's done since then is more than up for criticism and debate.

He was fantastic in our system. It's unbelievable to me that BB was able to pull off this trade no matter how badly he was playing for the Chargers.
$1.555M for the rest of this year is a bargain even if he's only 70% what he was with us.
His contract is not guaranteed after this year which means the Pats can get out if he bombs (cut or trade) or they can re-sign him to a more team friendly deal if he plays well.

This was his best move all year…sans the draft.

This was his best move all year…sans the draft.
It depends if JC can still play. Hopefully what he showed in LA is not the player he has become.

Disagree, he would have stayed for the 50M over two years and that would have still been well below the market value. Still, that's not the decision that pissed me off the most, Bill was probably just justified in believing Brady might be at the end of the road at that point, no, what is still inexcusable is his lack of preparation for that move. You want to move on from Brady at that point, fine but not having a plan was fireable In my opinion. Let's not forget it was 30 days before the season when they signed Cam, that's not a plan, that's a reaction to Brady calling his bluff. So yes Bill should get to the end of the season to save his job, but everything he's done since then is more than up for criticism and debate.
I agree. Not having a plan in 2020 and not drafting a QB from 2017 until 2021 save for Stidham is also inexcusable. He left the most important position bereft.

I disagree, th

Brady was already tampering with Sean Peyton in NO and the owner of the Dolphins. The NFL has turned a blind eye , but this is well known fact. He was walking. He built the ability to do so into his previous extension for a reason.

#undisputed

Brady was already tampering with Sean Peyton in NO and the owner of the Dolphins. The NFL has turned a blind eye , but this is well known fact. He was walking. He built the ability to do so into his previous extension for a reason.

#undisputed
100% TB12 was out no matter what.

BB should have found a QB after JimmyG, but, doesn’t matter now.

#undisputed
Maybe, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Bill made no plans at the single most important position on the team. That, and every decision he's made since is what he should and will be judged on. Now I'm hoping we all feel differently by the end of the season on the culmination of those decisions, but it's hard not to feel pretty shitty about what we are seeing right now.

Maybe, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Bill made no plans at the single most important position on the team. That, and every decision he's made since is what he should and will be judged on. Now I'm hoping we all feel differently by the end of the season on the culmination of those decisions, but it's hard not to feel pretty shitty about what we are seeing right now.

Not maybe, but I agree with everything else you said.

Last edited:

Even if they keep him, it's short money for the next 3 years, and he's an improvement over Myles Bryant when everyone comes back healthy.

I disagree, th
That's false. The Patriots offered that. He was already tampering with the Dolphins before the 2019 season. This isn't in dispute. Miami was docked a 1st round pick because of it. These are the facts.

Regardless of everyone's feelings, what actually happened - Patriots offered 2/50 guaranteed for a 2 year extension, Brady turned that down to stay through 2019 with the promise they wouldn't put the franchise tag on him, which the Patriots agreed to, in hopes that he'd stick around. It was at this time he was tampering with the Dolphins. He was already gone. Whether the Patriots were aware of this or not (although guaranteeing the no-franchise-tag is an indication that they didn't), is the only thing in dispute.

These things happened. Brady was gone after 2019 no matter what. This is the timeline, and these are the facts.

Also facts:

There were no QBs worth drafting high in 2020. Go back and take a look. There were going to be several in 2021. Patriots got one of those. The 'hurr durr go get a guy' people aren't being serious in their criticism. They're just dumping on the Patriots because it's easy to pile on - but when you look at WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED - they expected to keep Brady for a couple more years - Brady lied and went behind their back to at least one team confirmed (Dolphins, loss of draft pick) and unconfirmed (Sean Payton, others), while he was STILL UNDER CONTRACT.

I know dunking on the Patriots is shooting fish in a barrel at this point - and Mac Jones looks like the wrong pick right now, but at least be serious about it, there are legitimate criticisms to make - but the 'They let Brady walk' shit really needs to end, it's so obviously disproven at this point.

Back