James Develin to IR

Damn, now that really sucks. He was such a tank in the stretch drive last year.....

Not much left in the TE/FB department... gonna be a lot of WR blocking in multiple receiver sets I guess...

Bummer. Devlin filled some of the blocking void due to missing Oline starters and TEs

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots FB James Develin's neck injury isn't thought to be season-ending, per sources. The Patriots will have to decide between Develin, Isaiah Wynn and N'Keal Harry. Only two can come off of injured reserve.</p>— Doug Kyed (@DougKyed) <a href="https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1176241294722646017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:cool:Develin is done.. thx bro for the hard work and great blocking. Enjoy your time off and take care..:peace::high:

Curious to see how many snaps Jakob Johnson gets on offense. The kid is green but I have to believe he is practicing with the 1's this week.

Curious to see how many snaps Jakob Johnson gets on offense. The kid is green but I have to believe he is practicing with the 1's this week.

Seems like good timing for Develin to get hurt the same season BB has an extra/young FB on the roster lol

I’ve always loved the FB. But if he’s not gonna rush or catch any of the dump offs and wheel routes then why not call a spade a spade and just use a G? Bigger. Pass protection is increased. Lead block ability is excellent. And it adds line insurance in case of injury.

Develin is a huge loss. His run blocking will be missed. You cannot just replace that kind production in the blocking game. It is as difficult as trying to replace Gronk as a TE.

Same diagnosis as using one lung while the other heals from blood clots.
Edelman has plenty of ribs. He can just use the others while one or two are healing.

Too bad Develin only has one neck. :coffee:

Same diagnosis as using one lung while the other heals from blood clots.
Edelman has plenty of ribs. He can just use the others while one or two are healing.

Lol!

It sounds even stupider when you read it over a couple times.

He unequivocally believes it too.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Too bad Develin only has one neck. :coffee:

For now.

His father was half snake, so like some in the species as a defense mechanism they shed the last 4-6” to aid escape.

He’s already started regeneration of a second neck. Once it’s complete (6 weeks) all he’ll need to do is unscrew his head and screw it on the regen.

Voila!

Like new!

:cool:Develin is done.. thx bro for the hard work and great blocking. Enjoy your time off and take care..:peace::high:

Cervical disc surgery is actually pretty successful. It carries a better prognosis than lumbar disc surgery for example.

Back