Jamie Collins? (round 3?)

A nod to his potential role as a sideline-to-sideline disruptor/coverage guy in the box, like a strong safety?

I wonder if Hightower might be (perhaps exclusively) suited for an on-the-LOS role at this point, so getting Collins back effectively allows Hightower to play the edge, which should help stabilize the side opposite of Judon (especially as it relates to run defense).

I have a hard time imagining Collins will be doing much blitzing/pass rushing; not because he's incapable, but because this team has ample pass-rushers. They need a legitimate inside, off-the-ball, 3-down linebacker. Collins is now the closest thing to that they have.
He's fast for a lb...possibly. He used to be fast anyway...

A nod to his potential role as a sideline-to-sideline disruptor/coverage guy in the box, like a strong safety?

I wonder if Hightower might be (perhaps exclusively) suited for an on-the-LOS role at this point, so getting Collins back effectively allows Hightower to play the edge, which should help stabilize the side opposite of Judon (especially as it relates to run defense).

I have a hard time imagining Collins will be doing much blitzing/pass rushing; not because he's incapable, but because this team has ample pass-rushers. They need a legitimate inside, off-the-ball, 3-down linebacker. Collins is now the closest thing to that they have.

I don't really know if playing inside is really his thing.

He's done it from time to time, but his game, to me, was using his speed to step around blocks and shoot gaps.

One thing Collins has never lacked is athleticism. He's strong enough to stack and shed, but the question is whether he's willing to
adapt to that sort of role. Sometimes when a guy starts losing his speed to the sideline he'll move inside, but we'll just have to see where he is at now.

I still don't get it, but at least he should be able to play soon.

I don't really know if playing inside is really his thing.

He's done it from time to time, but his game, to me, was using his speed to step around blocks and shoot gaps.

One thing Collins has never lacked is athleticism. He's strong enough to stack and shed, but the question is whether he's willing to
adapt to that sort of role. Sometimes when a guy starts losing his speed to the sideline he'll move inside, but we'll just have to see where he is at now.

I still don't get it, but at least he should be able to play soon.
Can he play OT.

The bolded part gave me an instant image of Hightower coming off the edge towards the end of the Atlanta superbowl. Sign me up!!!

BB is the smahtest GM ever. Case in point:
Jamie Collins has played 10 years in the NFL, 5 for the Pats.
He's only been good while playing in New England.
He's earned $54 million.
Other teams have picked up $48 million of it.

BB is the smahtest GM ever. Case in point:
Jamie Collins has played 10 years in the NFL, 5 for the Pats.
He's only been good while playing in New England.
He's earned $54 million.
Other teams have picked up $48 million of it.
They don’t like facts. These same people claim players can’t wait to get away from
him as well.

Disinformation works well on delusional or kinda dumb people in our society.

The bolded part gave me an instant image of Hightower coming off the edge towards the end of the Atlanta superbowl. Sign me up!!!
It’s good point. It’s how the Chargers used Melvin Ingram as a 3-4 weakside OLB for years.

I suppose this can’t hurt and with Van Noy’s groin, it can help at this time.

Has anyone seen the terms of Collins' deal with the Pats? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Has anyone seen the terms of Collins' deal with the Pats? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.
I haven't either, but it can't be that much. I am thinking a few million. Not bad work if you can get it.

Collins' contract in 2019 paid him $2M at age 29.
I'm guessing now in 2021 at age 31 his contract is the same or a little less than that.
We should know details soon.

Ok, so less than I’d thought. Good.

Let’s see if it reflects genuine interest of kicking some butt here, because he has to prove that to me based on his age and his recent poor play.

I wonder how much Detroit is paying him to play for us?
He was released, so I don't think it's anything. You can cut a player at any time, but you end up taking on some dead money. If he was dealt to us, we'd take on his bloated salary, but he wasn't tradeable material.

So, Collins gets whatever was guaranteed to him in Detroit on the contract, but that's it. Anything beyond that for 2021 and beyond in Detroit is now null and void.

Back