Jamie Collins? (round 3?)

Holy shit! Well, we always found the way to use him best compared to other teams!

He's the house with good bones you buy to fix up and flip for a nice quick tidy profit. BB knows how it works. Wash, rinse and repeat.

2016: Patriots trade Jamie Collins for a 3rd round compensatory pick.
2019: Collins returns to NE.
2020: Patriots get a 5th round compensatory pick for letting Collins leave for Detroit.
2021: Collins may return to NE again.

He's a gift that has kept giving.

He's the house with good bones you buy to fix up and flip for a nice quick tidy profit. BB knows how it works. Wash, rinse and repeat.

2020: Patriots get a 5th round compensatory pick for letting Collins leave for Detroit.

The Flipper...sounds like a good nickname.

How many linebacker types do we need? I
surprised but maybe BB can light another fire under him for half a season?

Last edited:

Also, when BB traded back in 2013, Minny took Cordarelle at 29, BB took Logan Ryan in the 4th and NE won 2 SBs, then a 3rd with Patterson as a Patriot. Just genius moves all the way through the 2nd dynasty.

In the process, BB acquired Van Noy for a 6th, dealt Collins to Cleveland.

BB then used the 4th for Collins for Cooks
and then got a 1st for Cooks which is now Wynn.His genius as a GM is so far above far less intelligent people’s heads like Mazz and many others.

They don’t understand the cap, markets or how BB sets things up well in advance.

Last edited:
Collins under Bill will always put in a number of games where he's spectacular. Intercepts, sacks, fumble recoveries, you name it. Then he will fall off a cliff as his motivation and discipline tumble. So for a cheap price, he is well worth it. Especially as Hightower seems to be AWOL so far this season.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6e90a_Lx4Q

Collins under Bill will always put in a number of games where he's spectacular. Intercepts, sacks, fumble recoveries, you name it. Then he will fall off a cliff as his motivation and discipline tumble. So for a cheap price, he is well worth it. Especially as Hightower seems to be AWOL so far this season.

Yeah, I see this more as "Hightower insurance."

When he's motivated, he's usually pretty good. He must have a really short give a fuck shelf life...

This is a fantastic return for a 2nd round pick.

A nod to his potential role as a sideline-to-sideline disruptor/coverage guy in the box, like a strong safety?

I wonder if Hightower might be (perhaps exclusively) suited for an on-the-LOS role at this point, so getting Collins back effectively allows Hightower to play the edge, which should help stabilize the side opposite of Judon (especially as it relates to run defense).

I have a hard time imagining Collins will be doing much blitzing/pass rushing; not because he's incapable, but because this team has ample pass-rushers. They need a legitimate inside, off-the-ball, 3-down linebacker. Collins is now the closest thing to that they have.

Back