Jet #2 Post-game thread

Oofff. Coming from level headed non homer Chatham...definitely supports the people who are sayong the call lost the game (I still don't agree but MC is persuasive)

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 2h
Insane call. This isn't about you ref. Not why the people are in the stands...

'SAFETY' strikes again. A team loses on a flag that protects everyone from boo-boos. That wasn't football. #Patriots #Jets

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 1h
Why NFL should never throw that flag? Letter-of-law defenseless helmet hit near end of SuperBowl. No call, right call. 49ers would be champs

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 18m
Why letter-of-law can't be applied on final FG? #Jets RG 94 Harrison hooks arm around head of rusher-obvious hold. Neither should b called.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 11m
@Slug4302 Im arguing football...I played for both teams. Put the flags away and let them play. It turns out however it turns out.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 9m
Look @ your watch, what does it say? Overriding point is if letter-of-law was called on every NFL play, 1PM gms would all still be going on
Matt hit every point perfectly...

Oofff. Coming from level headed non homer Chatham...definitely supports the people who are sayong the call lost the game (I still don't agree but MC is persuasive)

Insane call. This isn't about you ref. Not why the people are in the stands...

'SAFETY' strikes again. A team loses on a flag that protects everyone from boo-boos. That wasn't football. #Patriots #Jets

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 1h
Why NFL should never throw that flag? Letter-of-law defenseless helmet hit near end of SuperBowl. No call, right call. 49ers would be champs

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 18m
Why letter-of-law can't be applied on final FG? #Jets RG 94 Harrison hooks arm around head of rusher-obvious hold. Neither should b called.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 11m
@Slug4302 Im arguing football...I played for both teams. Put the flags away and let them play. It turns out however it turns out.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 9m
Look @ your watch, what does it say? Overriding point is if letter-of-law was called on every NFL play, 1PM gms would all still be going on

I assume they're going to start calling OPI on Hail Mary heaves too. In the name of safety, of course. :coffee:

22-46-1 tells a lot of the story. 1 for a pick 6. The leader of the team needs to play better when push comes to shove. The defense is hurting, the offense is hurting. Brady needs to play a lot smarter. Very disappointing year for him so far. Locking in on Gronk too much and just missing guys badly. He's played better behind far worse oline play. This has me very concerned.

Yes there are lots of other issues. But the elephant in the room is the play of TFB.

Matt hit every point perfectly...
Please. If the same call went in the Pats direction, you'd be on here talking about how it was the right call. 95% of football fans never heard of the tuck rule until it was a called in the Pats favor and I'm guessing you had no problem with that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought most every Pats player was giving really good effort and playing well. Unfortunately, the single most important player for the Pats was off his game for the 6th time this year and doesn't seem to even know it.

If someone gave him half the shit (in public) he gives the WRs (in public) for even minor mistakes he hopefully would treat his teammates better.

I blame Gisele. (partially but not totally joking)

Please. If the same call went in the Pats direction, you'd be on here talking about how it was the right call. 95% of football fans never heard of the tuck rule until it was a called in the Pats favor and I'm guessing you had no problem with that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough. That call wasn't the reason we lost the game anyway.

Posted via Mobile Device
BS!!!! I would have said we got lucky on that call, and will take the win, but there is no way I would be gloating about that BS fvcking call period...No ifs and's or Butts...Also my hatred for the Jets just went up ten fold and I don't think that's even possible...

meh, I would say that call had a lot to do with why they made the fg after missing it, which in the end won the game. No matter how you get somewhere in a game, you are either in a position to win or not.

So your saying we wouldn't have gotten a couple first downs and kicked the winning field goal if the penalty never happen? I didn't know you were related to Jean Dixon...I feel so much better...

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 39s
Photo of NFL story prior to 630 before phrase "not on the line of scrimmage at the snap" was edited out. pic.twitter.com/yWebD5UpMT

If someone gave him half the shit (in public) he gives the WRs (in public) for even minor mistakes he hopefully would treat his teammates better.

I blame Gisele. (partially but not totally joking)

Brady is the leader on this team, there is a reason for that, he is supposed to give shit. He gets shit from the coaches when he messes up. If you want a guy that drops his head and mopes to the sideline and does not try and teach or fire up to 3 rookies, then he is the wrong QB.

Lets get this straight. 1. The jets D played great. 2. Our offense sucked today. 3. we still could have won, but one of the worse call that I have ever seen in my 46 years definitely handed the Jets a Win... I would have felt a whole lot better if the Jets kicker made the field goal...

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure your fellow Jest fans would be interested in hearing your opinion... elsewhere. :coffee:

95% of football fans never heard of the tuck rule until it was a called in the Pats favor and I'm guessing you had no problem with that one.
Posted via Mobile Device
But the Ref was 100% correct and there was no grey area for interpretation...Unlike this call, which was a so grey it could have hid the zebras getting their Bonus from Godell, and a wink and a nod...:coffee:

The Oline played fine in the 4th quarter and OT.

The o-line for the most part absolutely sucked in the third quarter, and I thought Nate Solder was especially bad. I'll have to watch it again later, but that 3rd quarter was just awful.

BTW, Brady needs to get his act together quick, as Blaine Gabbart could do what he did today.

I have read that the rule states that you cannot push a player on the LOS into the offensive formation. BB is aware of the rule but thought it only applied to if you were in the 2nd level, which refers to multiple men being stacked behind one side of the kick behind the LOS since when the refs introduced the rule to coaches, the tape they showed were examples of 2nd level type infractions.

I doubt very seriously that BB thought anything that was not the case. He knew exactly what the rule was. They tried to get away with it, and couldn't. I don't see why they even tried it on a 56 yard FG. The odds were against the Jets tremendously on that particular kick.

This was the 3rd game this year Brady completed less than 50% of his passes. It was definitely not on the receivers today. Brady went 4 for 20 on passes > 10 yds. 10 freaking yards!! smh

I read somewhere that TB completed less than 40% of his throws over 10 yards last year. This seems to be becoming a trend. If you cannot throw the mid level pass, the defense will clog the short ones. And the short ones are becoming a problem for him, too.

Posted via Mobile Device

And, most of the 5% who had heard of the tuck rule must have been Jets fans, since they benefited from a tuck rule call in their favor in a previous game that same season - against the Pats.

Back