Jet #2 Post-game thread

I'm guessing we'll never agree but he clearly left his spot and pushed his teammate from behind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya I have been a member here for a lot of years, and you will find very little regarding me complaining about the refs stealing games...this argument will go no where IMO....
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm guessing we'll never agree but he clearly left his spot and pushed his teammate from behind.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think the issue is did he put a hand on his ass and push? Maybe, slightly whatever....I am not sure that is what the rule intended, and I have to think this has happened more than once this year. It was an odd spot to make that call unless it was just over the top blatant had no choice, but I seriously doubt in all honesty had he not made the call, there would not be an uproar of pissed off jets fans screaming for a flag there....just a hunch.

I think the issue is did he put a hand on his ass and push? Maybe, slightly whatever....I am not sure that is what the rule intended, and I have to think this has happened more than once this year. It was an odd spot to make that call unless it was just over the top blatant had no choice, but I seriously doubt in all honesty had he not made the call, there would not be an uproar of pissed off jets fans screaming for a flag there....just a hunch.
You sir iz correct...

Second half ths pats offense was pathetic. They basically self destructed. Again only 1 3rd down conversion the entire game. Brady was locking in on just gronk. The icing on the cake was the BS call.

This is probably the reason why there's been a lot of controversy with regards to today's call (I mean, other than the totally non-flagrant nature of the penalty)...

BXDmmSGCUAEnjP-.jpg:large

I watched the fight, which didn't really enlighten me as to what went on, but the comment section, as it frequently is on Deadspin, had some funny comments and a little detail:

Yeah I saw two girls fighting as soon as the game ended they were stopped by several people then I took off. The girls in the video including the girl that got hit were patriot fans as they're wearing patriots colors, they sat in the row right in front of me. they were getting heckled a lot of the game by the drunk jets fans behind me and they were disrespecting them and were basically looking for a fight with the guys they were with. But the puncher was not one of the hecklers right behind me. The whole thing was shameful it's a football game and you don't hit a girl or call her a bitch which both happened to them. Today 7:09pm

Fartknocker

If a girl hits you, you get to hit back. If you are going to swing on someone, prepare for return fire, regardless of your gender or theirs. Today 8:00pm

marmol heater (to Fartknocker)

You're the ****ing worst commenter on this site, which is an incredible feat considering the competition. Seriously, you ****ing suck. Take your stupid ****ing thoughts elsewhere. 54 minutes ago

Mike Pereira ✔ @MikePereira That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.
Michael Schottey ✔ @Schottey

NFL Rule Book 9-1-3(2) "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." #Patriots
4:33 PM - 20 Oct 2013

Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless
Now I have to listen to Stephen A. Smith gloat tomorrow about picking the Jets. Or maybe he picked the refs to beat the Patriots.

Mike Pereira ✔ @MikePereira
That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.

Cool, make sure you call it every time then.

So um, that performance gives Brady 1 TD and 3 INT over last 3 games combined. Truly awful.

Can't remember a streak of greater ineffectiveness.
Posted via Mobile Device

So um, that performance gives Brady 1 TD and 3 INT over last 3 games combined. Truly awful.

Posted via Mobile Device

Its happened....in fact just to ruin the suspense, everything has pretty much happened before. Including 4 int games...

Posted via Mobile Device
That's almost as bad as Eli Manning. We're screwed. :coffee:

Back