Josh Brown

Moss is correct, it looks bad. .

the NFL allows physical and mental abuse of women unless it is reported to them in the media.

the NFL also likes to talk about respecting women but will place cheerleaders out in costumes that set them up to hear some very offensive language on Sunday.

ONLY because it affects their brand...

One doesn't have to do with the other. You're comparing apples to unicorns.

That said, Terrell Suggs can throw bleach on his wife and kid, no one gives a shit. Greg Hardy gets suspended ONLY after the press gets wind of it.

The NFL's position on domestic violence is "We don't give a shit, unless the press hears about it."

Anyone who can point me as to what another position might be, please let me know. :coffee:

Deadspin has a punishment generator to answer that question. :coffee:

Moss is correct, it looks bad. .

the NFL allows physical and mental abuse of women unless it is reported to them in the media.

the NFL also likes to talk about respecting women but will place cheerleaders out in costumes that set them up to hear some very offensive language on Sunday.

Albert Breer goes on a 10 minute rant giving it to both the Giants and the NFL (Goodell) over the Josh Brown situation. It's interesting to me because until a few months back Breer was an employee of the NFL where he was spinning stories (Rice & Hardy) to benefit the NFL. Now Breer is throwing shit on the NFL for their handling of Brown and on Mara & his Giants for signing him AFTER they knew of his DV. It's a podcast but his rant comes first. It's free btw.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mmqb-podcast-albert-breer/id1150965112?mt=2

Why is he doing this?

Because Roger has a gun to his head.

Cheers

Hurley already skewering Brown.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...-to-john-mara-and-giants-but-not-his-ex-wife/

“I objectified women and never really worried about the pain and hurt I caused them,” he wrote in a letter to friends in 2014. “Because I never handled these underlying issues I became an abuser and hurt Molly physically, emotionally and verbally. I viewed myself as God basically and she was my slave.”

All of this came directly from Brown himself, who now deemed it “important” to use 14 words of his 165-word statement to tell you that he never struck his wife. He followed that claim by stating that there is no “gray area” in abuse … but also, don’t forget, he did not strike his wife. As far as Brown is concerned, that is important for you to remember. (Please, never mind the more than 20 physical incidents alleged by his ex-wife, including some incidents when she was pregnant. The self-admitted spousal abuser wants to make it clear that he never struck her, nor would he ever.)

BROWN CUT BY <STRIKE>DBAGS</STRIKE> GMEN
So Roger is off the hook, Nothing to see, no action to take until he is signed by a team.

move along, it is over now

The Giants finally pulled their heads out of their asses and released him.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

BROWN CUT BY <STRIKE>DBAGS</STRIKE> GMAN
So Roger is off the hook, Nothing to see, no action to take until he is signed by a team.

move along, it is over now

The Giants finally pulled their heads out of their asses and released him.

Damn it.

Just speculation here, but my guess is that a deal was struck between Brown, Mara and the NFL front office (and possibly the NFLPA).

Brown agrees to go away quietly and not file a grievance.

In return, he gets a large chunk (perhaps all) of the money remaining on his contract.

The timing of the release of his mea culpa, just before he got cut, seems to be too coordinated to be a coincidence.

On the roster for game one means you get paid for the year as a vet, I think he was getting paid anyway but I think his press release was a spit in the face of the NFL when he stated HE NEVER physically hit his wife. I think the release was based on his defiance.

interesting that he admits to being a habitual liar in his diaries - was his release just a written series of lies?

F him

On the roster for game one means you get paid for the year as a vet, I think he was getting paid anyway but I think his press release was a spit in the face of the NFL when he stated HE NEVER physically hit his wife. I think the release was based on his defiance.

interesting that he admits to being a habitual liar in his diaries - was his release just a written series of lies?

F him

Brown wasn't on the week 1 roster. He was suspended.

Brown wasn't on the week 1 roster. He was suspended.
Are you sure that suspended means not on the roster? so far I have not heard or seen anything either way in my quick searches. It was recently asked by one of the radio host - hoping they have an answer soon.

Are you sure that suspended means not on the roster? so far I have not heard or seen anything either way in my quick searches. It was recently asked by one of the radio host - hoping they have an answer soon.

There's an article on PFT that explains it.

I assume that is the case as neither Brady nor Nink took up a roster spot during their suspension.

But I really have no idea how that relates for the guaranteed part of player salaries.

Back