Josh McD withdraws from 49s coaching search

This confirms what my sources have been telling me. Josh is going to stick around and become the next head coach of the NEP, and it won't be as long as from now as people think.

Sources: Little voices in my head.

I am hoping McDaniels sticks around until Belichick retires and eventually take over as the HC

That job in san fran will be nothing but a coach killer. Its hard enough to land a HC job in the NFL but it becomes harder after you had one that didn't turn out all that well. 2 train wrecks in a row as a head coach and you may never be considered again. Smart move by JMD

This confirms what my sources have been telling me. Josh is going to stick around and become the next head coach of the NEP, and it won't be as long as from now as people think.

Sources: Little voices in my head.

My source is Mrs. McD. :coffee:

JMD likely knows that if you have a rocky 1st HC tenure, #2 might be your last chance. Wise.
I'd always look at ownership 1st...that auto rules out lucky sperm York.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Also, I'd lol if York hired Mangini as HC, it seems like something he'd do.

McD and Caserio staying are as big as us getting Scar back for this season. IMO we have already won the off-season. :coffee:

Bill is bound to retire within 10 years. If McDaniels hangs around until then (to which he'll only be 50) he could take over the team. That sounds better than moving somewhere else and starting from scratch. Especially under a shit owner like Jed York. I would never go to work for a hack like him when I could stay and continue to work for Kraft.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

McD and Caserio staying are as big as us getting Scar back for this season. IMO we have already won the off-season. :coffee:

How long is Scar staying this time? Just this season?

Back