Just got engaged

Whaler53

Join the Darkside, bitches
Reaction score
Yep, looks like I'm gonna be gettin' married.

Did it this morning at a park in Salem overlooking the water. She was absolutely shocked, seemed like it took hours for her to say yes. The whole thing only lasted a few minutes, but it seemed like forever.

I'm excited, and we're making our phone calls to our friends and family.

Thought I'd pass the good news on to my fellow planeteers.

You think THAT took forever? wait until you're married. LMAO!

All kidding aside, I've been married for going on 20 years. Wish you two nothing but the best. Congrats.

Yeah, marriage has a way of turning minutes into hours....ROFL

Congratulations!:thumb:

Congrats! It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Me and my husband have been married for 6.5 years and we still have no friends other than ourselves (as we want it) and still have shit loads of freaky sex. Just don't be a prick, don't forget to communicate about everything and think of her just like you want her to think of you! It will be golden! Sounds like a beautiful proposal! Loads better than "Oh shit, I'm pregnant!" like happened to me lol.

Good luck and most importantly, HAVE FUN! Treat your wife like your good homie that you can ****! Good stuff!

One more thing-- what you put into it is what you'll get out of it.

Congrats and best wishes!:D

Long engagements give people the opportunity of finding out each other's character before marriage, which is never advisable.
Oscar Wilde

Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.
Michael Leunig

ChampagneToast.gif

Engaged?:shake:

So you finally found someone gullible enough to say yes.ROFL

JK! Congradulations on your engagement.

Thanks guys and gals, the kind words are appreciated.

And Chiefsgal, I'm 28, and we've been together for 4 years

Congrats from a fellow member of the engaged club! Maybe you guys will get your act together sooner than us, since we're taking our sweet-a$$ed time setting a date, picking a place, yada yada ;)

Congratulations Whaler! Wish you nothing but the best! Glad you took your time before popping the question :) I am sure you guys will live a great life together.

Congratulations! It's great that you both are so excited, that's a great sign. We just got back from Key West celebrating our 20th. I still remember her shaking and crying (in a good way) when I gave her the ring.

Back