Kaepernick wins 49ers' award for 'inspirational, courageous play'

I don't understand how someone can assert that a particular player is undeserving of a certain team award due to fact that they disagree with their non-football related beliefs/behaviors. Other than the players and coaches on that team, and arguably the fans who are familiar with the team, I don't see anyone else in much a position to critique this decision.

I don't understand how someone can assert that a particular player is undeserving of a certain team award due to fact that they disagree with their non-football related beliefs/behaviors. Other than the players and coaches on that team, and arguably the fans who are familiar with the team, I don't see anyone else in much a position to critique this decision.
All it does is confirm that the voters agree with his ignorant comments and behaviors using the workplace's time. i mean, yeah it's "courageous" to tell a guy who fled the Castro regime how wrong he is about wonderful Fidel. :rolleyes:

Oh please. (And please forgive me for stealing your brilliant construct.)

But you do understand how someone can assert that a particular player is deserving of a certain team award due to fact that they agree with their non-football related beliefs/behaviors? Nutkick

Cheers, :toast:

Oh please. (And please forgive me for stealing your brilliant construct.)

But you do understand how someone can assert that a particular player is deserving of a certain team award due to fact that they agree with their non-football related beliefs/behaviors? Nutkick

Cheers, :toast:

It's inaccurate to claim that I think he's deserving of the award because I agree with his views, or that I agree with his views whatsoever, if that's what you're implying. I'm not sure how you'd draw those conclusions from my post.

I simply don't know. It's a football specific award, is it not? Outside of the Pats-Niners game, I can't say I've seen Kaepernick play at any other point during this season. His beliefs (and mine for that matter) have nothing to do with how I view him as a football player, or how deserving he is of a particular football-related award.

I read op and noticed the award was football specific, and yet said award was being discredited for reasons not related to football. That doesn't make sense to me. Had this been an award for "inspirational, courageous off-the-field actions" I'm certain I wouldn't have jumped into this discussion.

Happy New Year, by the way. :toast:

All it does is confirm that the voters agree with his ignorant comments and behaviors using the workplace's time. i mean, yeah it's "courageous" to tell a guy who fled the Castro regime how wrong he is about wonderful Fidel. :rolleyes:

The award, in its very title, specifically states "play". Press conferences and pre-game rituals are indeed a part of workplace time, as you claim. I'm not so sure they have anything to do with "play", though. I think it's potentially unfair to claim that those who voted for him agree with his comments and behaviors, however that's certainly possible.

Happy New Year! :toast:

He inspired his teammates to go 2-13 as of today - 2-14 as of tomorrow. Yes, I guess that deserves an award.

Maybe the 9'ers will give the entire team participation ribbons after tomorrow.

He inspired his teammates to go 2-13 as of today - 2-14 as of tomorrow. Yes, I guess that deserves an award.

I do agree with this. These types of awards seem rather silly in general, much like participation awards. They seem even sillier when they're being given to professional athletes, especially those on a putrid team.

The award, in its very title, specifically states "play". Press conferences and pre-game rituals are indeed a part of workplace time, as you claim. I'm not so sure they have anything to do with "play", though. I think it's potentially unfair to claim that those who voted for him agree with his comments and behaviors, however that's certainly possible.

Happy New Year! :toast:

the award says play, the article speaks of his non playing actions only, so i figured those were the real reasons it was given to him.

Happy new year to you as well.

Harbawl must have been the Krapernick whisperer...once he left, Fidel fell off of the cliff...and took the team with him.

The Niners have become a complete JOKE. They are fast becoming the Browns of the NFC ...

Well, this is just a first step on the road to Canton for ol' Kap.

:coffee:

:ROFL:

Krap is a disgrace and doesn't deserve to QB even a sh*t team like the current Niners. I hope they fire him and no one else picks him up. The sooner he's out of the NFL the better. The guy is a disgrace to life.

Back