Kline traded to Eagles

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter <small class="time"> </small> OL Josh Kline no longer will be included in trade sending CB Eric Rowe to Patriots. Kline remains Patriots property and could be released.

Others are saying the Pats didn't want Kline to be part of the trade from the beginning.

I was never a big Kline fan- always consider him to be a backup who you didn't want to see play very many snaps.

Eric Rowe was high on my list of 2nd round CB's in the draft. So I'm excited to see him come to the Patriots. Good trade in my opinion.

Now, if Boothe can be 80% of what he was suppose to be, and stay healthy, the OL just got better.

Mods, this should be moved to the wtf thread. :coffee:

Cheers

Patriots In-Kline-d to Acquire Rowe

Around midday Tuesday, word leaked that versatile interior offensive lineman Josh Kline had been traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, along with a conditional 2018 NFL draft choice, in exchange for second-year cornerback Eric Rowe. ESPN first reported the transaction. Rowe (6-1, 205) would appear to have position versatility as a corner and safety, given his size and skill set.

Patriots In-Kline-d to Acquire Rowe

Around midday Tuesday, word leaked that versatile interior offensive lineman Josh Kline had been traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, along with a conditional 2018 NFL draft choice, in exchange for second-year cornerback Eric Rowe. ESPN first reported the transaction. Rowe (6-1, 205) would appear to have position versatility as a corner and safety, given his size and skill set.

Are they just doing a draft pick for Rowe now. Did the trade fall apart

WTF? Ok so now I'm really confused. Did the Patriots get Rowe?
I believe so. It seems it went down like this.

Pats send Kline and a 4th to the Iggles and, in return, the Iggles send the Pats Rowe and ........ Kline :shrug_n:

I believe so. It seems it went down like this.

Pats send Kline and a 4th to the Iggles and, in return, the Iggles send the Pats Rowe and ........ Kline :shrug_n:

The evil genius strikes again.

How are we supposed to miss Kline when he won't leave?

I think somebody in Philly watched film of Kline and said "you know.....whyn'cha keep Kline after all? We don't want to fleece you guys by taking the draft choice AND a player like that. We have to be able to sleep at night."

My worry now is who will be cut if Kline stays? We have 6 corners and 6 safeties as it is.

My worry now is who will be cut if Kline stays? We have 6 corners and 6 safeties as it is.

Probably Kline is going to be cut. BB tried to engineer a trade so that he (Kline) could have a soft landing, but it didn't work out.

Thuney is the starting LG. Cooper could be it, if he didn't beat out mason for the RG spot .

Would think Karras starts at right guard considering the non trade of Kline.

Can Cooper last more than one play without being injured??? I have very little confidence in his longevity.

Would think Karras starts at right guard considering the non trade of Kline.

Can Cooper last more than one play without being injured??? I have very little confidence in his longevity.
No I can't see Karras starting at right guard Mason & Cooper are both active . Mason did a good job last year starting

The evil genius strikes again.

At this very moment Goodell is deciding on a punishment for the Pats for trading for their own player. :coffee:

Said Goodell "I don't care if Eric Rowe is included in the trade. The Patriots' trading for their own player is clear evidence they might of had general knowledge of something against the rules. I just haven't figured out exactly W T F it is yet. But I have no doubt it was against the spirit of the rules." :dith:

At this very moment Goodell is deciding on a punishment for the Pats for trading for their own player. :coffee:

Said Goodell "I don't care if Eric Rowe is included in the trade. The Patriots' trading for their own player is clear evidence they might of had general knowledge of something against the rules. I just haven't figured out exactly W T F it is yet. But I have no doubt it was against the spirit of the rules." :dith:

I was going to post that Harbaugh was bitching about this but your post was funnier.

Rowe's CBS Scouting report
6'1" 205 and has straight line speed speed to spare. Too bad he can't catch the ball. He should become a STs ace quickly.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1825060/eric-rowe

Now I'm in total wtf mode.

Didn't we have a S-LB hybrid type that was poised to be a STs phenom and added to a position thin by roster standards in KGH?

So we cut him.

Then try and acquire another CB/S, despite not having enough room for that position group and subsequently cutting very promising looking developmentals?

Makes perfect sense.

Like the potential here, but man, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Is there a second move that sends an existing CB/S away and we aquired the replacement prior to the deal.

Now other team is holding out.

Back