Lavin on "Sports Pulse"

Undertaker #59 said:
I know it looks like that Spidey, and that can't be helped. But you know what? These aren't new rules either. These are things that have been in the Terms Of Service Agreement for years.

Yes, the Wyo thread set the emphasis into motion, but this has been brewing for months.

I don't think the request, that I stated in the other thread, is all that outlandish, in order to maintain SOME level of civility and preventing multiple threads from being hijacked for pissing contests.

UT, will you at least admit that my name was brought up most often when the fairies were bitching about the "negativity" of the board? If you'll just come clean with me on this, I'll feel a lot better about it.

You say it has been brewing for months, but the Lavin blowup is what spawned it. Lavin was as much of an ******* in that thread as anyone else was. I hope the same rules apply to him as well.

Spinal Tap said:
UT, will you at least admit that my name was brought up most often when the fairies were bitching about the "negativity" of the board? If you'll just come clean with me on this, I'll feel a lot better about it.

You say it has been brewing for months, but the Lavin blowup is what spawned it. Lavin was as much of an ******* in that thread as anyone else was. I hope the same rules apply to him as well.

I can't come clean on that Spinal, because it is not true for most of the PMs I recieved. I am sorry if that does not make you feel better.

And yes, the rules apply to everyone.

Undertaker #59 said:
I can't come clean on that Spinal, because it is not true for most of the PMs I recieved. I am sorry if that does not make you feel better.

And yes, the rules apply to everyone.

No, I'm cool with that. I believe you. I'm actually a bit more confused now though. So why was I targeted again?

I want to thank SOKB, in particular, for getting down to brass tacks and understanding exactly what this is all about.

The rest of it is smokescreens and I'm not about to repeat myself anymore. What needed to be said was said and that's it.

It is what it is: a few simple rules, not a dominant male monkey asskicking contest, an attempt to break the wild stallions or anything else.

I really am not "upset" at anyone for anything. It neither upsets me or amuses me. I take no pleasure in any of it.

It's just business no matter how it gets spun. Set it to a dance beat with laser effects and it still comes down to that.

The sometimes ridiculous business of trying to run a simple board when dealing with different people from different walks of life with different outlooks and trying to make it all work.

Hawg73 said:
I want to thank SOKB, in particular, for getting down to brass tacks and understanding exactly what this is all about.

The rest of it is smokescreens and I'm not about to repeat myself anymore. What needed to be said was said and that's it.

It is what it is: a few simple rules, not a dominant male monkey asskicking contest, an attempt to break the wild stallions or anything else.

I really am not "upset" at anyone for anything. It neither upsets me or amuses me. I take no pleasure in any of it.

It's just business no matter how it gets spun. Set it to a dance beat with laser effects and it still comes down to that.

The sometimes ridiculous business of trying to run a simple board when dealing with different people from different walks of life with different outlooks and trying to make it all work.

Hawg

I think UT has this under control, thank you.

Spinal Tap, you started a thread to insult another member, you can't be surprised that it got you into trouble. The only moderated forum I've seen where you can get away with doing that is one that sometimes features a video of someone being ****ed to death by a horse.

Granted, I don't think regular members should be banished here, but it's not like you were just minding your business and got sent here.

Not sure why 3:16 belongs here, I don't think snarkiness should be punished. If anything it should be encouraged...

Bandwagoneer said:
Spinal Tap, you started a thread to insult another member, you can't be surprised that it got you into trouble. The only moderated forum I've seen where you can get away with doing that is one that sometimes features a video of someone being ****ed to death by a horse.

Granted, I don't think regular members should be banished here, but it's not like you were just minding your business and got sent here.

Not sure why 3:16 belongs here, I don't think snarkiness should be punished. If anything it should be encouraged...

Bandwagoneer,

I have to agree and disagree. Spinal Tap needs to collect himself, agreed. 3:16 has 50 terrible posts with one bit of merit from time to time. I think he has done himself in before, and should be gone. He takes every chance to steal spotlight on negative terms and overall is a burden to this forum.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Hawg

I think UT has this under control, thank you.

This is exactly the type of comment that makes me wonder why you are even worth any trouble. These constant snide remarks to not only mods but nearly everyone on the forum cause a lot of the negativity that people speak of. They add nothing to the board and often cause threads to degenerate. The ONLY reason you make these remarks is to push someone's buttons.

And no, what I just said is not just about the comment above, but your history of snide remarks that turn most members off.

I have been taking the hard route up to this point. You make me question that and consider just banning you so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Undertaker #59 said:
This is exactly the type of comment that makes me wonder why you are even worth any trouble. These constant snide remarks to not only mods but nearly everyone on the forum cause a lot of the negativity that people speak of. They add nothing to the board and often cause threads to degenerate. The ONLY reason you make these remarks is to push someone's buttons.

And no, what I just said is not just about the comment above, but your history of snide remarks that turn most members off.

I have been taking the hard route up to this point. You make me question that and consider just banning you so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

This is not to push buttons, this is my opinion. You can censor my words, but you can't make me like or respect a guy. Sorry, UT.

This is not to push buttons, this is my opinion.

So....it's not both?

C'mon Bru - you're not a stupid guy. Just one that evidently finds it incredibly difficult to get along with everyone (and just ignore those that you don't get along with).

It's really not that difficult. Most of us do it every day.

But, whatever floats your boat. Stay here as long as you like.

I think you guys are really missing the big picture on what a great board you all have here. 90%+ are all about the game and can take jokes on each other which is great, which i as a steeler fan enjoy. I generally stay away from football talk during the spring/summer because i really miss it alot, so i dont know nothing about this "lavin" person, nor should i care to. What i do care about is seeing the threads and the post that keep me here since week 6(or 7) of last year. The mods here do a great job, they can take what they are given and deal with it. I was banned on the philly site because i pointed out contridictions on post by some of the mods! Here that would never happen! Obviously me and bruschi dont get along well, but thats life. I will not take shots at him, and will only respond to posts he makes when he is actually talking football and not something to draw attention. As for spinal he likes to take shots which is cool, i am 100% smart ass in real life so its all good with me...i actually thought his first post was funny. Another downside i think for you guys this year is the fact that the pats are just owning teams as they have on the great run they are, so people are alot more negative than the last year. To sum up this babbling, i hope everyone can get right with one another and continue to make this a kick ass place~

Annihilus said:
So....it's not both?

C'mon Bru - you're not a stupid guy. Just one that evidently finds it incredibly difficult to get along with everyone (and just ignore those that you don't get along with).

It's really not that difficult. Most of us do it every day.

But, whatever floats your boat. Stay here as long as you like.

Anni, I think you and UT do a yeomen's job as board admins, I really do. My only issue is with one specific admin. I have no problem playing by the rules, but I am quite surprised at the draconian stance of this site and the continued selective enforcement of said rules. That's all I'm saying, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I'm really not.

LVent said:
I think you guys are really missing the big picture on what a great board you all have here. 90%+ are all about the game and can take jokes on each other which is great, which i as a steeler fan enjoy. I generally stay away from football talk during the spring/summer because i really miss it alot, so i dont know nothing about this "lavin" person, nor should i care to. What i do care about is seeing the threads and the post that keep me here since week 6(or 7) of last year. The mods here do a great job, they can take what they are given and deal with it. I was banned on the philly site because i pointed out contridictions on post by some of the mods! Here that would never happen! Obviously me and bruschi dont get along well, but thats life. I will not take shots at him, and will only respond to posts he makes when he is actually talking football and not something to draw attention. As for spinal he likes to take shots which is cool, i am 100% smart ass in real life so its all good with me...i actually thought his first post was funny. Another downside i think for you guys this year is the fact that the pats are just owning teams as they have on the great run they are, so people are alot more negative than the last year. To sum up this babbling, i hope everyone can get right with one another and continue to make this a kick ass place~

LVent

Don't take anything I say to you personally, I look at you as a person representing "Steeler Nation", not you individually. What I say to you I am directing towards your fan base and not to you personally.

I read the whole Wyo thread finally.

I Pm'd my thought about all invoilved to UT.

This is a football site. People need to toughen up cuz they act like lollipops.

Esp. Wyo, because he lost, he was in a bad mood and took ish personally. As a mod on the Bills site he should know rule #1, it's always business, never personal.

I hope he takes that little tidbit back to the Jills site and remembers that if/when the Bills beat the Pats, we won't be shedding tears.

sonsofkraftybob said:
Esp. Wyo, because he lost, he was in a bad mood and took ish personally. As a mod on the Bills site he should know rule #1, it's always business, never personal.

Not sure that it matters (it does to some), but wyo is a she and not a he.

FWIW.

sonsofkraftybob said:
I read the whole Wyo thread finally.

I Pm'd my thought about all invoilved to UT.

This is a football site. People need to toughen up cuz they act like lollipops.

I hope he takes that little tidbit back to the Jills site and remembers that if/when the Bills beat the Pats, we won't be shedding tears.

I totally agree with you SOKB. In fact, that thread is really what got me here. My Lavin is a labia comment (which, by all accounts, he is) isn't really the reason why I'm here.

I know that the mods have taken the position that the "rule changes" were not due to Lavin's persistent bitching about negativity. However, when you announce that there will be new rules in conjunction with Jimmy boy's incessant bitch session, how can you deny that it wasn't about him???

I started this thread because I was pissed about the way our mods decided to cowtail to this douche bag. I know, I know, I know...........it has been brewing for several months now. But when you make the change RIGHT AFTER Lavin gets his period, you don't convey a good message to the community.

I took one for the team. I may be here forever. I'm certainly not going to apologize for what I wrote. Although I will issue a public apology for openly mocking the mods after being warned about what I originally wrote. I realize they don't need my sh*t. Sorry guys.

I'm sure that the lack of action in the assclown forum will eventually force me out altogether. I just wish there had been some dialogue amongst the community before the mods decided to implement rules that not everybody here is thrilled with. Thanks for listening.

The lack of dialogue is what disturbed me too. Especially since I was having a conversation with one moderator (hardly inflammatory) and another felt the need to jump in and banish me. Totally idiotic.

LVent

Don't take anything I say to you personally, I look at you as a person representing "Steeler Nation", not you individually. What I say to you I am directing towards your fan base and not to you personally.

and i dont, recently you started talking good football and were not in flame mode. what you say never bothers me personally, just iratates the hell out of me ;)

LVent said:
and i dont, recently you started talking good football and were not in flame mode. what you say never bothers me personally, just iratates the hell out of me ;)

Isn't that what talking smack over sports is all about? :) Amazing that some people are this upset about it. Hello, people, this is SPORTS!!!!!

Back