League hammers the Giants

Proof that good ol' Babooska Bobby isn't nearly as "powerful" in the NFL as "we" thought he was... :coffee:

he is on committees/saved the league from a strike and shit...LOL that meme sailed a looooong time ago

The only time the goodell uses heavy hand punishments. Have been the saints . Who tags overtuned most of goodell punishments. The patriots who now got the 2 biggest punishments in NFL history. The rest who been proven they cheated. Gets a weak or slap on the wrist punishment .

150k fine, and OMG....their 4th round pick moved down to last in the round.

This might set them back 10 years.

Oh, the humanity of it all. How will they ever recover?

:shake:

he is on committees/saved the league from a strike and shit...LOL that meme sailed a looooong time ago

He helps the league with money, contacts and all of that stuff...very true.

Powerful within the NFL though? Nope...not even a little bit.

Proof? Spygate and Deflategate. Glaringly obvious.

it is almost as if Bobby says: "we need a distraction of CTE's so fine my team again to distract from the real horrors of the NFL. "

He helps the league with money, contacts and all of that stuff...very true.

Powerful within the NFL though? Nope...not even a little bit.

Proof? Spygate and Deflategate. Glaringly obvious.

i think we are in agreement - note to self always use :coffee:

Harboring a spouse abuser, tampering with footballs and using illegal communication. All in the same year.

I don't see a pattern at all. Wouldn't want to punish them based on any history or anything.

Quality team right there.

the worst thing done to anyone is goodell stealing a year of sean payton's career for em effing NOTHING.
I'd rather have everything that was done to the pats for nothing than losing bb for a year.

I don't know. Give BB a year to gameplan for an entire season. could have some scary kind of blowouts. Him and Ernie and the deflator all huddled in a room together. I have visions of Dr. Evil with his son and a bald cat in a space capsule.

the worst thing done to anyone is goodell stealing a year of sean payton's career for em effing NOTHING.
I'd rather have everything that was done to the pats for nothing than losing bb for a year.

The Saints were screwed way worse than we were.

Of course, fans of the teams who have been screwed need to join together instead of jumping on the "well we lost a first rounder they need to lose one too" bandwagon. That's playing right into Roger's hands.

So with the Steelers and the Giants the last few weeks, I don't actually want to see them nailed to the wall, but I am enjoying the hypocrisy being exposed.

The Saints were not doing nothing. Williams admitted he was running the hit program and then Payton lied to Roger that he did not know anything about it. Payton's emails were then found by the league where he was communicating with Williams about the hit program. While I do think the Saints punishment was over the top, they were guilty all around and deserved punishment. But I would have hit just Williams with the suspension and just fined Payton and taken the picks.

iirc williams admitted some kind of bs in an nfl written statement. i give that 0 credence. i remember the nfl promising 10k pages of "evidence" on the saints they magically never produced though.
i don't recall anything about email from payton.

The Aints were doing what pretty much every team did...so, they did get hammered for doing what everyone else did (and does now, just in other PC words).

also the bounty thing, they really had 0 evidence of other than some comment williams made in the lockerroom about" killing the head",and like signal taping, it was pretty common. williams is a huge jackass, but he wasn't doing anything untoward imo. as for payton, the nfl said they warned him. you believe them? cuz i don't. we've seen their manipulative bs up close.
richie incognito was almost as screwed as the saints.

i think it's pretty telling that tags struck down goodell's draconian crap on the saints. I'm sure that's why he was nowhere near the tb mess, and I'm pretty sure signal taping would have been met much the same way by him.

The Aints were doing what pretty much every team did...so, they did get hammered for doing what everyone else did (and does now, just in other PC words).

also the bounty thing, they really had 0 evidence of other than some comment williams made in the lockerroom about" killing the head",and like signal taping, it was pretty common. williams is a huge jackass, but he wasn't doing anything untoward imo. as for payton, the nfl said they warned him. you believe them? cuz i don't. we've seen their manipulative bs up close.
richie incognito was almost as screwed as the saints.

The Saints had the audacity to beat ManniHGH in the Super Bowl.

Back