League hammers the Giants

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
150k fine, and OMG....their 4th round pick moved down to last in the round.

This might set them back 10 years.

you forgot, mcadoo got fined 50k.
i mean, really how draconian. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah forgot that about that one...looks like the giants are disbanded as a team with that death penalty. By the way, their 4th rounder cannot go down more than 12 places, would not want to make it too bad.

The sad part is the people running this sat down collectively, came up with this, and agreed it was a good plan.

What a fvckshow.

...By the way, their 4th rounder cannot go down more than 12 places, would not want to make it too bad.

It will add some insult to injury if they don't make the play-offs and end up slotting in to the Patriots slot.

The sad part is the people running this sat down collectively, came up with this, and agreed it was a good plan.

What a fvckshow.

I will not link it because F ESPN, but they have a story that says with this latest penalty, maybe the NFL learned its lesson after deflategate....I am being serious, this story actually exists and he was serious.

Actually that is harsh given the Ravens only got a fine and forfeited practices for violating the TC padded practice rules for the second time. I mean at some point these punishments have to have some rhyme or reason. Why did the Giants lose draft spots and the Ravens just practices? I would imagine at some point the owners ask the league to create a list of violations with the corresponding penalties. Doubt it ever happens but it really needs to.

and who gives a #$%k to be honest.

Time will show that ONLY the patriots had integrity and the rest of the teams were corrupt asshats willing to lie, steal, cheat, and deceit their way to second place, first runner up, the biggest loser.

This is an actual punishment. The Pats got a handicap, which is well within the rights of the league to do. It's like Pong, other teams get to use the big paddle and the Pats have to set their paddles to small to make it fair.

IIWII

Michael Hurley puts it all in the proper context by comparing recent punishments in an epic article that shows the favoritism given to the Giants.
He deserves the click so here's the link

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/...as-quit-his-fight-to-uphold-integrity-of-nfl/

A sampling
Roger’s choice to go soft on John Mara’s Giants is notably in a world of its own.
–Former Browns general manager Ray Farmer was suspended four games after sending a text message to team personnel on the sideline during a game. The team was fined $250,000, but operating for a quarter of the season without the man in charge of the franchise was a much stiffer penalty than any dollar amount could present.

–The Atlanta Falcons were found guilty to have been blasting artificial crowd noise through their stadium’s speakers. For this, the NFL stripped the Falcons of a fifth-round pick and fined the team $350,000. Team president Rich McKay was suspended — albeit briefly — from his position on the competition committee.

–When the NFL determined that the Kansas City Chiefs had tampered with free agent Jeremy Maclin before signing the receiver, the league stripped the team of two draft picks — a third-rounder and a sixth-rounder — for the offense, which typically is not policed in that fashion.

–The Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins were held accountable for exceeding an imaginary salary cap during the 2010 season. The league decided to limit the spending abilities of those teams by lowering their actual salary cap figure in 2012 and 2013. The fact that these two teams were punished harshly and also are divisional rivals of John Mara’s Giants now has to be examined a little more closely.

edit
Michael McCann ‏<s>@</s>McCannSportsLaw <small class="time">https://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/811367980554735616 </small> <s>@</s>lophus89 <s>@</s>AlbertBreer <s>@</s>theMMQB

Cooperation & past history don't explain the vast disparity in punishments. No rational judge would approve.

Michael Hurley puts it all in the proper context by comparing recent punishments in an epic article that shows the favoritism given to the Giants.
He deserves the click so here's the link

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/...as-quit-his-fight-to-uphold-integrity-of-nfl/

A sampling

I've got to imagine that other fanbases (except Dallas' because they're morons), besides just ours (which is for obvious reasons) has to be scratching their heads saying 'wtf?'

That last one though, is almost as egregious as the 'deflated' footballs. "Spending over the salary cap" in an UNCAPPED YEAR, is the craziest ****ing thing, other that 'more probably than not the quarterback was generally aware the footballs were deflated even though they weren't'.

I've got to imagine that other fanbases (except Dallas' because they're morons), besides just ours (which is for obvious reasons) has to be scratching their heads saying 'wtf?'

That last one though, is almost as egregious as the 'deflated' footballs. "Spending over the salary cap" in an UNCAPPED YEAR, is the craziest ****ing thing, other that 'more probably than not the quarterback was generally aware the footballs were deflated even though they weren't'.

Not only that, but the Cowturds were docked 6M. The 'Skins got hit with 36M. Load. Of. Shit.

Back