Lets get down to brass tacks, Does Brady hold out?

Does Brady Hold Out?????

• yes.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • no.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • zombies.

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Even Tom's front loaded deal before was well below market value...well below.
Was it less than Manning's deal? Yes; Manning got $14m/year while Brady got $10m/year.

So if you're using Manning as a benchmark, then yes it was well below market value.

However at the time the cap was $85 million. Brady was making about 12% of the cap. Is that percentage really well below market value?

Players are offered contracts in direct correlation to the cap; that's why newer contracts are so much higher than older ones - the cap has increased by 50% from the time Brady started his last contract to last year's cap figure.

Does Brady deserve a new contract that will far exceed his last contract? Yes, of course.

Is it reasonable for the Patriots to want to know what the cap is before committing to a large contract? I don't see why not. Same hold true for the Colts with Manning, Steelers with Woodley, etc.

Was it less than Manning's deal? Yes; Manning got $14m/year while Brady got $10m/year.

So if you're using Manning as a benchmark, then yes it was well below market value.

However at the time the cap was $85 million. Brady was making about 12% of the cap. Is that percentage really well below market value?

Players are offered contracts in direct correlation to the cap; that's why newer contracts are so much higher than older ones - the cap has increased by 50% from the time Brady started his last contract to last year's cap figure.

Does Brady deserve a new contract that will far exceed his last contract? Yes, of course.

Is it reasonable for the Patriots to want to know what the cap is before committing to a large contract? I don't see why not. Same hold true for the Colts with Manning, Steelers with Woodley, etc.

My guess is Bob kraft isn't going to sign off on anything that will handcuff his team.

I suspect that Brady and the Pats have discussed at length the CBA situation. I think he'll do the reasonable thing and re-negotiate when that has been resolved. Er, I hope (cos Hoyer ain't ready yet, as far as I know).

you'd think. losing Brady wouldn't be worth the risk.

I'd imagine the owners have a good ideal of what they need to agree on a new CBA.

I suspect that Brady and the Pats have discussed at length the CBA situation. I think he'll do the reasonable thing and re-negotiate when that has been resolved. Er, I hope (cos Hoyer ain't ready yet, as far as I know).

Obviously you have not seen Hoyer run a 7 on 7 drill.

Aaron rodgers
Tony romo
Michale vick
Eli manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Jamarcus Russell
Philip Rivers
Donovan Mcnabb
carson palmer

All have bigger deals than Brady had.

Brees, Vince Young and Cutler had equal deals.

Game over...the man is gonna want to get paid and all he has to do is show Krafty Bob this list

I don't think he'll hold out, he's still under contract.
As already mentioned, this years salary means squat because it was front loaded, so in reality he's already been paid somewhat even though he hasn't played a down.
I do expect a deal to get done, hopefully soon and hopefully not a retarded strangle the rest of the team kind of deal.

Oh Great, now we have to play him, he is a top 10 most popular athlete:

t-1) Kobe Bryant
t-1) Tiger Woods
3) Derek Jeter
4) Brett Favre
5) Peyton Manning
6) LeBron James
7) Michael Jordan
8) Tom Brady
9) Drew Brees
10) Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

And yet I wouldn't blame him or treat him with the scorn I laid on Seymour.

Go figure???
I would be ticked if TB held out, but with Seymour he was a whiny little bitch for years so he just pissed me off for about the last 4 years he was a Patriot or whenever it was when his dad died and he whined about being benched from being a starter that next game onward from that. TB has NEVER whined/complained about anything publicly other than maybe a tad bit on Branch and Milloy which was completely understandable IMO.

If he were to hold out, he'd never play another down in a Pats uniform.

That being said, he won't hold out.

If he were to hold out, he'd never play another down in a Pats uniform.

That being said, he won't hold out.

How do you come to that conclusion that he would never play another down for the patriots? Guys have held out here and then played.

Oh Great, now we have to play him, he is a top 10 most popular athlete:

t-1) Kobe Bryant
t-1) Tiger Woods
3) Derek Jeter
4) Brett Favre
5) Peyton Manning
6) LeBron James
7) Michael Jordan
8) Tom Brady
9) Drew Brees
10) Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

I don't know how S.I. did this poll, but if anyone believes Tiger Woods or Brett Favre are in the top 10 most popular athletes, they've been smoking too much ganja. Obviously, women were not included in this poll, either, cuz Kobe Bryant would never be #1 and Tiger wouldn't even be on the list if they had asked as many women as they did men.

AND if they did as much polliing in the South and midwest, Dale would be No. 1.

I don't know how S.I. did this poll, but if anyone believes Tiger Woods or Brett Favre are in the top 10 most popular athletes, they've been smoking too much ganja. Obviously, women were not included in this poll, either, cuz Kobe Bryant would never be #1 and Tiger wouldn't even be on the list if they had asked as many women as they did men.

AND if they did as much polliing in the South and midwest, Dale would be No. 1.

It was actually an AP poll, for whatever that is worth, and I can tell you....people love them some kobe, by far the most popular basketball jersey sold.

I lose more and more respect for Brady every day. The fact that he said "we're all overpaid", and will now demand to be overpaid, makes me sick.

We're seeing what happens when he doesn't have a defense to carry him to championships.

Even with Moss and Welker to make him look much better than he is, he can still only manage a paltry 2-2 record in the playoffs.

Ask yourself this, would the Hoyernator have turned it over four times against the Ravens? I think not. He leads the team to touchdowns in practice and completes 70 percent of his passes during the season. Pull the trigger, Belichamp. Send Brady to the Raiders.

I lose more and more respect for Brady every day. The fact that he said "we're all overpaid", and will now demand to be overpaid, makes me sick.

We're seeing what happens when he doesn't have a defense to carry him to championships.

Even with Moss and Welker to make him look much better than he is, he can still only manage a paltry 2-2 record in the playoffs.

Ask yourself this, would the Hoyernator have turned it over four times against the Ravens? I think not. He leads the team to touchdowns in practice and completes 70 percent of his passes during the season. Pull the trigger, Belichamp. Send Brady to the Raiders.

Wait, what?

There is a lot of uncertainty with the CBA, and you are in the last year of your contract. Is there any uncertainty there for you with your future with the Patriots?
“With my contract? [Laughs]. I really don’t like … we’re so fortunate to be playing. I think we’re way overpaid as it is; all of us. We get to go play football for a living. I love playing and I’m very fortunate to play, and I’m very fortunate to walk off the field this year and end the season without having surgery. That’s not really a concern.”

So you’re willing to take a pay cut? [joking]
“Like I said, we’re all overpaid. We have the greatest job in the world and I have the greatest job in the world. I love being here and I love Boston, I love the city, I love the community, that’s where our home is.”

I'm tired of this guy's bullshit. Send him to Oakland and fleece them again in a trade.

There is a lot of uncertainty with the CBA, and you are in the last year of your contract. Is there any uncertainty there for you with your future with the Patriots?
“With my contract? [Laughs]. I really don’t like … we’re so fortunate to be playing. I think we’re way overpaid as it is; all of us. We get to go play football for a living. I love playing and I’m very fortunate to play, and I’m very fortunate to walk off the field this year and end the season without having surgery. That’s not really a concern.”

So you’re willing to take a pay cut? [joking]
“Like I said, we’re all overpaid. We have the greatest job in the world and I have the greatest job in the world. I love being here and I love Boston, I love the city, I love the community, that’s where our home is.”

I'm tired of this guy's bullshit. Send him to Oakland and fleece them again in a trade.

Wait...what? What did he say that was bad?

And this "fair market value" idea is so stupid. So because the Giants are paying this retard:

Eli_Manning_Wasted___for_blog.jpg

16 million a year or whatever it is, that means everyone should get that? What a crock of shit. Brady doesn't need the money because his wife already makes 35 million, and just because the Giants are stupid doesn't mean the Greatriots should be.

Can you quote or send a link to where he is demanding to be overpaid? Because I'm pretty sure there isn't one. In fact, do you have any factual basis to even know that he's demanding more than they're offering, if there is even an offer on the table?

Also, the fact that you are losing respect for Tom Brady is hilarious.

Ask yourself this, would the Hoyernator have turned it over four times against the Ravens? I think not. He leads the team to touchdowns in practice and completes 70 percent of his passes during the season.

Laughable. You are.

Brady doesn't need the money because his wife already makes 35 million, and just because the Giants are stupid doesn't mean the Greatriots should be.

So as someone already mentioned, if his wife worked in a soup kitchen for minimum wage, does that mean he should get more money?

What a ridiculous analogy. His wife isn't on the field playing for the Patriots, dipshit.

Back