Let's talk about the weather

My family and I had summered often in Maine, choosing Boothbay and Bar Harbor mostly, but heading further North. We had a summer place there in York Harbor for about 20 years until my parents got sick. My father's mother was from Prince Edward Island so I have a lot of Canadian relatives. 🇨🇦

My sister says that the weather forecasters like to scare people. Geez, a foot of ❄️ is not the end of the world!

Go further up. I am pass Caribou by an hour. A number of my relatives I see Canada from their yards and can cross the river over when it is the dry season. * mind you that is not encouraged* Also have a bunch of relatives in Canada. We are talking about the St. John Valley now which includes Frenchville, Madawaska, Fort Kent, Sinclair . St. Agatha, New Canada, Allagash and more.

My family has Aroostook County pretty much covered but especially the very tip of state.
Oh yeah...God's country up that way

where exactly? I automatically think Millinocket and Skowhegan when I start thinking that far north. I've got the east part of the state covered, all of my mother's family was from Eastport
Millinocket is a long ways past Skowhegan. Like 3 hours.

Latest: expected path moving slowly,, but surely, further east. Looks like a cape and SE Mass hit.

Yes.👍 People back home refer to it as The County. Even people mid state and down refers to it as that
I spend much time in Maine, and I'm heading out there for a week in the woods next weekend. North of sugarloaf, Eustis.

Years ago, Like, 1981, I was invited to visit an old friend in Machias on my way back from a motorcycle trip to Canada.
I asked him for his address, and he said just go into center of Machias, and ask the first person you see for directions to my place.
I was pretty sure he was pulling my leg. He wasn't LOL

Maine is my home state and I was born there but.................

Alaska_map-L.jpg
i had no idea alaska has that little "tail" by british columbia that contains juneau. you learn something new every day.

i had no idea alaska has that little "tail" by british columbia that contains juneau. you learn something new every day.

Juneau is our capital and the only access to it is by boat or aircraft, we’ve been trying for decades to get it moved but have been unsuccessful. I hear it’s a beautiful place but I’ve never been there, someday I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the very northern tip of Maine not the most northerly point of the continental US? Or is the northern part of Washington State, North Dakota, Montana etc just that bit higher in latitude?

Is the very northern tip of Maine not the most northerly point of the continental US? Or is the northern part of Washington State, North Dakota, Montana etc just that bit higher in latitude?

Maine is the northern most of the contiguous 48.

Back