Looking at the Patriots - 2015

From CBS Sports

Agent's Take 2014 Contract Awards: Ravens, Patriots, Broncos earn honors

By Joel Corry | Former Sports Agent

Defensive Signing of the Year
Darrelle Revis (CB)-New England Patriots
It didn't take Revis long to find a new home after refusing to restructure his contract for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, or for other teams, in their attempts to trade him. Revis has a two-year, $32 million deal on paper, which in reality is a one year contract for $12 million. 2015 is an option year that the Patriots must exercise before the end of the 2014 league year (around March 10). If the option isn't exercised, the Patriots are prohibited from designating Revis as their franchise or transition player in 2015. Revis' $20 million 2015 salary on a $25 million cap number practically ensures that the option year won't be picked up. After a slow start to the season, wide receivers are routinely getting stranded on Revis Island. Revis is Pro Football Focus' (PFF) number two rated coverage cornerback this season. The Patriots will likely try to rework his contract before the option exercise period expires. Revis' history suggests that he'll drive a hard bargain in any negotiations with the Patriots where he attempts to land a deal between the top of the cornerback market ($13.5 million to $14 million per year with $40 million to $45 million in guarantees) and the highest paid defensive player neighborhood (in excess of $16 million per year with over $50 million in guarantees).
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ct-awards-ravens-patriots-broncos-earn-honors

$15M/ with $45M guaranteed money should be plenty to get it done. I'm thinking 4 years.

I agree on Revis. They can make the $25MM work if they want to and I think they will
Sign him to a deal long term deal. Spread that money out. We do they that money to resign Mccoutry , Vereen ,ayles & ghost to new deals.

Are you talking base salary or cap hit?

Cap hit. I don't a scenario where Revis ever drops his annual salary. The cap is a garbage formula anyways, so Patriots can pay him and manipulate the cap anyway they want.

His current deal is $20m next year, I'm saying he restructures and takes less than that.
Your forgetting the 5 mill roll over. It's 25 mill. I really hope he restructures his deal.

From CBS Sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ct-awards-ravens-patriots-broncos-earn-honors

$15M/ with $45M guaranteed money should be plenty to get it done. I'm thinking 4 years.

That makes him the highest paid CB again. He'd be happy I think.

Stop. He might well be a Patriot next year but lets not pretend he's going to play for pennies.

This. The wafting fog of delusion has come upon Foxboro if they think they're getting Revis for cheap.

Show me where I said cheap or hometown discount. I think he'll dig in for top CB money. That's less than his current deal, but if he'd take the 4yr deal with a healthy signing bonus we'd get the cap hit down considerably.

That makes him the highest paid CB again. He'd be happy I think.

Show me where I said cheap or hometown discount. I think he'll dig in for top CB money. That's less than his current deal, but if he'd take the 4yr deal with a healthy signing bonus we'd get the cap hit down considerably.

If Revis didn't have a track record, I'd be more inclined to trust in what you say.

5 years 70 million 40 mill guaranteed . Should be a good deal. to make Revis happy.

Nah, I want YOU to donate to charity! :coffee:

(you know if he signs, the bonus will be huge)

I'd assume as much.

You know he has to be able to claim he's the highest paid DB. Now, if all of that money is real is another story. Half the time the big numbers you hear are nonsense never intended to be paid but make the agent look good and feed the players ego.

tumblr_ngdl8fG99r1s0hzd1o2_500.jpg

tumblr_ngdl8fG99r1s0hzd1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ngdl8fG99r1s0hzd1o3_500.jpg

Back