Looking at the Patriots - 2018

With 129 D1 schools there has to be dozens of 3 yds and a cloud of dust 220+ backs capable of filling that Antowan Smith style Bill favors.

You won’t get a Gurley. But finding some semblance of Hill shouldn’t be impossible.

With 129 D1 schools there has to be dozens of 3 yds and a cloud of dust 220+ backs capable of filling that Antowan Smith style Bill favors.

You won’t get a Gurley. But finding some semblance of Hill shouldn’t be impossible.

RB should be the easiest position fill on any team.

So it sounds like Kenjon Barner is our new hopeful solution to the punt return issues.

5'9" 195lbs. punt returner for the Eagles. He's a decent PR guy whose biggest asset --> he's never fumbled a punt return! Of the 3 recent signings, he's the one who will most likely be active vs the Jags.

CapSpace=$4,578,765‏ @patscap <small class="time"> 10h10 hours ago </small>
My new salary cap space number after the Patriots 1.) waived Riley McCarron and Chad Hansen 2.) placed Jeremy Hill on IR 3.) restructured Jason McCourty's deal 4.) signed Corey Coleman, Bennie Fowler, and Kenjon Barner. is $4,578,765. Presuming trio signed to minimum deals.

5'9" 195lbs. punt returner for the Eagles. He's a decent PR guy whose biggest asset --> he's never fumbled a punt return! Of the 3 recent signings, he's the one who will most likely be active vs the Jags.

CapSpace=$4,578,765‏ @patscap <small class="time"> 10h10 hours ago </small>
My new salary cap space number after the Patriots 1.) waived Riley McCarron and Chad Hansen 2.) placed Jeremy Hill on IR 3.) restructured Jason McCourty's deal 4.) signed Corey Coleman, Bennie Fowler, and Kenjon Barner. is $4,578,765. Presuming trio signed to minimum deals.

My best comp to this guy is 'Poor Man's Darren Sproles'. Take that for what you will. :shrug:

Tom 'n Gronk.

Good to hear Tom bigging up Gronk like that. He's right as well, best TE in the game. And theirs has to be top 3 best QB - Receiving combo of all time.

Tom Brady: Patriots must try to match Gronk's greatness

Tom Brady praises Rob Gronkowski for Week 1 performance.

• by Tyler Sullivan
  • @TylerSully
  • <time datetime="2018-09-10 14:20:03 UTC">Sep 10, 2018</time> • 3 min read Update <time class="date-update-time" datetime="2018-09-10 14:47:47 UTC">Sep 10, 2018, 2:47pm</time>

<figure>
8651253.png
</figure>
Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski were in perfect sync on Sunday during New England's regular season opener against the Texans.
The two were able to connect on seven of Gronk's eight targets in the 27-20 win for 123 yards and a touchdown. The tight end was able to find the end zone early in the first quarter, but his play of the day came on a laser 28-yard pass by Brady in the closing minutes of the first half where Gronk was able to haul in the throw with Texans draped all over him.
While appearing on WEEI's Kirk and Callahan program on Monday following the win, Brady continued to heap praise on Gronk, dubbing him the best tight end in the history of the league. Because of that, he's calling on the Patriots, including himself, to raise their level of play to match Gronkowski's greatness, so that they can get the most out of him and the offense.
"He’s just a spectacular player so you have to give those guys opportunities," Brady told K&C about Gronk, via WEEI.com. "They did a good job on him, just trying to keep him out of the game. But, it is tough because he’s so talented. He’s the best tight end in the league — probably the best to ever play the game. When you have that guy on your team you have to give him looks. We did and he came up big for us. Made the catches. He’s so well-rounded. He blocks so well in the run game. He runs every route, every part of the field — short, intermediate, deep, inside, outside, takes hits, runs after the catch, third-down, first-down, red area.
"He’s a big part of what we do and we all have to match his greatness, all of us, in order to be a great offense. Teams focus on him, which gives other guys opportunities and we’re going to have to take advantage of those opportunities when we get them.”

Of that 28-yard play that Gronk was able to grab in traffic, even he was stunned that he was able to come up with it and that Brady actually even threw it to him.

"Yeah, when I was running up the seam I had two guys on me and when I saw the ball in the air I literally thought first thing, 'What is Tom [Brady] thinking?'" Gronk said after the game. "When that ball was in the air I had a guy grabbing me and I was just like, “I've just got to go for it.” I can't let them make a play on it, so just went up for it, made the catch."
Of course, the reason why Brady felt confident to try and squeeze through that tight window to get the ball to Gronk was because of their strong chemistry they've built over the course of nine seasons together.

"Yeah, Rob and I – we’ve been playing together for a long time," Brady said postgame. "I remember a couple years ago, we threw like in April one year, and I mean we threw like 40 passes. We hit them all. So, I know his body language. I know his ability to run and what routes. He can do it. He can do really all the routes. It’s just a matter of giving him a chance."

Given that the last punt returner was a poor man's Cyrus Jones, I'll take it. :toast:

:clap:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

God I hope Josh designs some runs that feature Gronk coming off the end and meeting Ramsey in an unhappy manner.

They signed a guy that couldn’t learn the Browns offense for dumbies playbook. On Hardknocks told the Coach if your not going to play me . Trade or release me. Expect him to try learn the pats offense . It took Dorcett a entire year to earn Brady trust & playbook .

They signed a guy that couldn’t learn the Browns offense for dumbies playbook. On Hardknocks told the Coach if your not going to play me . Trade or release me. Expect him to try learn the pats offense . It took Dorcett a entire year to earn Brady trust & playbook .

He knew enough to get the Hell out of Cleveland. :shrug_n:

Maybe the problem wasn't that HE is a dummy, but that he was being TAUGHT by dummies?

He knew enough to get the Hell out of Cleveland. :shrug_n:

Maybe the problem wasn't that HE is a dummy, but that he was being TAUGHT by dummies?

He took a huge upgrade in teams & coaching staff . Right now he’s #4 WR on depth chart . He better impress BB to get playing time & tagets .

Back