Looking at the Patriots - 2018

Jesus. Skill position depth getting destroyed early this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a big problem if Burkhead is out but we won't know if he's questionable until Friday's injury report.

Against a great D at home, 90 degree heat with high humidity, a team looking for revenge...I had this as a coin flip already and now Burkhead has a concussion so we're down to Gronk, Hogan, White and Dorsett?

For the Pats to have a chance Hogan better show up in this game after doing next to nothing last week. Gronk will Gronk and draw double coverage and White will draw too much attention from the Jags to be leaned on heavily. Hogan has to step it up - Dwayne Allen, too, to a lesser extent. It's simply too early to depend on Dorsett, Patterson and Michel (if he can play). We're going to find out a lot about this team on Sunday...the players, the coaches and the emerging defense.

It's reported that Brady is already practicing with the new Wideouts. Perhaps there will be dummy routes for these guys to run, to pull coverage away from more established players.

So does Coleman get a pass this season (no pun intended) like Dorsett did last year so he can learn the offense? Having three former first rounders on the field next year at WR alongside Edelman could be huge.

This, of course, would imply that Patterson and Coleman can grasp the offense. Seems like Dorsett has earned some of TFB's trust already.

So does Coleman get a pass this season (no pun intended) like Dorsett did last year so he can learn the offense?
If he works as hard as Dorsett did, why wouldn't he?

I think the question is, will his attitude be like it was on Hard Knocks and in Buffalo?

Plus, Coleman would be an ERFA for a year, wouldn't he? Was't he drafted in 2017?

i thought 2016
bummer

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Wouldn't the fact that he was dumped trump whenever he was drafted.
He isn't a FA until he has 4 years, a RFA at after 3 years. Until then, AFAIK, he is a ERFA, so the Pats could give him an RFA tender.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Hollister?
He looked pretty good when he played. Kind of a APerp-ish move TE without the gun.

Back