Looking at the Patriots - 2019

Inman isn't too bad...I remember him making some plays.

I remember him having to be a WR1 with the Charges at times due to injuries and stepping up, he just lacks consistency. I think it could be a sneaky good signing if he sticks.

Official: the Pats signed WR Dontrelle Inman and OL Jared Veldheer; Release OL Calvin Anderson and WR Xavier Ubosi

Also:
JamesPalmer@JamesPalmerTV<time datetime="2019-05-13T21:38:51.000Z">25m</time>

Von Miller got to hang with the Patriots crew at the Derby. “It’s extremely hard not to like Tom Brady and all of those guys.” Von then jokingly added, "I’m a Tom Brady fan unless on Sundays.”

Official: the Pats signed WR Dontrelle Inman and OL Jared Veldheer; Release OL Calvin Anderson and WR Xavier Ubosi

Also:
JamesPalmer@JamesPalmerTV<time datetime="2019-05-13T21:38:51.000Z">25m</time>

Von Miller got to hang with the Patriots crew at the Derby. “It’s extremely hard not to like Tom Brady and all of those guys.” Von then jokingly added, "I’m a Tom Brady fan unless on Sundays.”

The most important people in the game are methodically tearing apart the "Tom's awful" lies.

After signing OT Veldheer (cap number is $3,187,500), the Patriots' have $10.92M in cap space and have only 3 draftees left to sign. BB may still be on the hunt.
It’s natural to ask about Marcus Cannon and his cap numbers.
2019 – $7,456,250
2020 – $7.75 million
2021 – $6.35 million

None of his remaining cash is guaranteed. He has $2.8 million in signing bonus proration remaining. If Cannon is released or traded during roster cutdowns, that would add $5,411,250 in cap space. Competition is always a good thing.

After signing OT Veldheer (cap number is $3,187,500), the Patriots' have $10.92M in cap space and have only 3 draftees left to sign. BB may still be on the hunt.
It’s natural to ask about Marcus Cannon and his cap numbers.
2019 – $7,456,250
2020 – $7.75 million
2021 – $6.35 million

None of his remaining cash is guaranteed. He has $2.8 million in signing bonus proration remaining. If Cannon is released or traded during roster cutdowns, that would add $5,411,250 in cap space. Competition is always a good thing.
Didn't he have issues at at RT?

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Patriots reached agreement with first-round pick N’Keal Harry on a 4-year, $10,098,348 deal that includes a $364,252 signing bonus, per source.

But Mike says
Mike Reiss@MikeReiss
With the Patriots reaching agreement with first-round pick N’Keal Harry on a 4-year, $10,098,348 deal that includes a $5.364m signing bonus, according to @AdamSchefter, it means that just two New England picks remain unsigned: OLB Chase Winovich (3rd) and RB Damien Harris (3rd).

:shrug:

Patriots reached agreement with first-round pick N’Keal Harry on a 4-year, $10,098,348 deal that includes a $364,252 signing bonus, per source.

But Mike says
Mike Reiss@MikeReiss
With the Patriots reaching agreement with first-round pick N’Keal Harry on a 4-year, $10,098,348 deal that includes a $5.364m signing bonus, according to @AdamSchefter, it means that just two New England picks remain unsigned: OLB Chase Winovich (3rd) and RB Damien Harris (3rd).

The $5.364M signing bonus is correct. His 1st 3 years are guaranteed money and there's a 5th year option the Pats hold.

Bill Belichick Is About To Exploit A Rule Change That Will Upset The Rest Of The NFL

Bill Belichick is about to lay waste to the NFL once again after a recent rule change allows for review of pass interference. Belichick has been loading up on large wide receivers and tall defensive backs this offseason while the rest of the league is going smaller and quicker. With the new rule change coming into play at the start of the 2019 regular season this should work heavily in the Patriots favor. Defensive backs will need to be more aware of their surroundings and are now much less likely to get away with manhandling big receivers like they have in the past. Too bad this rule wasn’t in place with Gronk around.

Belichick is a master of the rule book and is quick to find any loophole that will give the Patriots an advantage. This is sure too infuriate fans and teams around the league but once again this is Belichick playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers. Bill is always ahead of the curve when it comes to rule changes, and getting a few large and physical WRs to go along with the power running offense should work perfectly in Belichick’s plans.

With the offseason additions of the likes of N’Keal Harry, Demaryius Thomas, DB Joejuan Williams and reaching up and snabbing Alabama RB Damien Harris in the draft, the Patriots are locked and loaded to pound their way to another championship. This should also protect Brady more going forward and should preserve his career for more years than he has currently stated. Maybe 50 years old isn’t out of the question. The next chapter of the great Patriots dynasty is about to wreck havoc on the NFL. Give them a few weeks into the season and I am sure you will hear teams begging to have the rule overturned.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, I haven't seen it. I have read in several places the Belichick will calling the defensive plays this season.

But Mike says
Mike Reiss@MikeReiss

Schefty trying to type too fast, missed the 5.

60535609_2252564218170609_6525691743818481664_n.jpg

Back