Looking at the Patriots - 2019

BB knew about it apparently...and still signed him. Watson didn't do anything wrong when he was retired. He was very forthcoming about it. It sucks, but, whatever.

Meh...many people have tried buying championships. The NFL is one place that it doesn't seem to work particularly well. I hope they do turn it around because I can't stand any of the other teams in that division but I'm not holding my breath.

I can't see them not going to the playoffs...but, it'll be interesting either way.

Also, the Rams almost did the very thing last year. They were close.

His post on myface. If it's prescribed by a doctor, why is it still treated like a banned substance?

D7hp24YXsAA0AHN

D7hnZtDWwAAAZPN

Because it’s on the banned substance list. Anything on it is not allowed. Period. End of story.

Probably because for every legit Dr, professional and above the board, you can find a quack that will write scripts like they’re handing out Pez.

The black and white is a problem though.

Some men, especially as they age, have problematically low T levels and are therefore prescribed T supplements.

Why not simply establish an acceptance range of T? If a doctor prescribes you T because you're low, you have to get tested regularly (as you would be anyway) to show you're not exceeding the upper threshold.

Testosterone doesn't give anyone an artificial advantage if they are starting out with too little.

Some men, especially as they age, have problematically low T levels and are therefore prescribed T supplements.

Why not simply establish an acceptance range of T? If a doctor prescribes you T because you're low, you have to get tested regularly (as you would be anyway) to show you're not exceeding the upper threshold.

Testosterone doesn't give anyone an artificial advantage if they are starting out with too little.

Perhaps the union will bargain that nuance into their agreement with the league....

Yeah but if you allow medical correction to natural disadvantages or deficiencies, you're opening up a can of worms on that one. What then becomes the limit?

I mean that can of worms will need to be dealt with eventually, as designer babies will eventually force the discussion even in sports which stick with allowing "natural" advantages one is born with, but that's a discussion for another forum ;-) All I'm saying is allowing a range of final statistics and permitting any means of obtaining them is a bit scary of a place to be heading towards.

I'm hearing really good news about Isaiah Wynn's rehab. The Pats expect him to be ready and able to play effectively as the starting LT for the season. Also that Scar is really pumped about his starting OL and the rookies this year.

Weren't there some rumblings that BB was making private comments about how pumped he was about the potential roster this season?

I don't like to overreact in the offseason but I really hope they run over and bury people this year. Fingers crossed for limited injuries.

Weren't there some rumblings that BB was making private comments about how pumped he was about the potential roster this season?

I don't like to overreact in the offseason but I really hope they run over and bury people this year. Fingers crossed for limited injuries.

I don't know about BB but Josh McDaniels is excited about the offense he's visualizing.

Pro Football Focus@PFF
Led by the NFL's top-graded cornerback last year, the Patriots finished with the 2nd-best coverage grade (and tops in the AFC East) in 2018.
They added even more fire power when they drafted Joejuan Williams in Round 2.

Really excited for this edition of Patriots.

Like the D line a lot more. Pennell should be a force with Guy. If Shelton plays for his next contract and holds the nose like he’s capable of it could be a team strength.

HT is healthy. Off seasons like this for him are rare. He could show up in great form. Van Noy is truly blossoming into something special here. Bentley back will be awesome. Roberts is solid.

The secondary is fantastic. Adding a huge CB will be gravy if he can handle the big second receivers. S is a bit long in tooth, but if Oobi can develop and be Bills white whale- that massive big nickel guy - lookout!

Tom isn’t fading yet.

The RB corps hopefully got that short yardage/goal line/ clock killer it lacked. The rest are studs in their roles.

N’Keal is a physical specimen. I’m almost wishing away my summer in hopes of seeing this addition. JE is the leader. The heart. Dorsett should continue to be a gap filler role. If Gordon can return and 1-2 of these 6’2” plus guys figure it out it’s a real handful for the opposition to deal with.

Watson was a disappointing news break. Butbetter early in the year than late. ASJ is young enough to make this a home and be a very good cog.

Most of the O line is back. But that LT spot has me concerned. It’s not the position to have questions with a 42 yr old back there. I hope there’s a TE with plus blocking ability and the new RB also excels in rush blocking until we get a body of work from Wynn that puts us at ease.

Most of the O line is back. But that LT spot has me concerned. It’s not the position to have questions with a 42 yr old back there. I hope there’s a TE with plus blocking ability and the new RB also excels in rush blocking until we get a body of work from Wynn that puts us at ease.

That's the one nit to pick. if Wynn is the winner we envision, lookout is right.

A look at the QBs the Pats will face in the regular season. It's not exactly a who's who of the NFL

D7vsHloUwAcp4rn

Back