Looking at the Patriots - 2019

I'd like one now(if they find someone worthy). We just don't know how long Brady will be able to play. Sure he wants to play til he is 45, but father time can strike fast. I think it would be ideal for a prospect to sit behind Brady for 2 years, so get the grooming going.

I do not disagree with this, however i do not see BB paying a QB top dollar that if drafted this year may have never started a game or played more than a couple of snaps in a blowout. I would wait until next year. Of course I spend game day on the couch, so who knows.

Jacoby Brissett is scheduled to hit free agency in 2020. Just saying... :coffee:

Cap Space Needed

CapSpace=$3,396,096‏ @patscap <small class="time"> </small>
My new Patriots salary cap space number after accounting for the Dorsett re-signing, Guy's signing bonus, and White's signing bonus is $3,396,096.
It does not account for Ryan Allen's signing which is not yet official

Cap Space Needed

CapSpace=$3,396,096‏ @patscap <small class="time"> </small>
My new Patriots salary cap space number after accounting for the Dorsett re-signing, Guy's signing bonus, and White's signing bonus is $3,396,096.
It does not account for Ryan Allen's signing which is not yet official

There's all kinds of buzz and rumors about various trades and/or extensions that would make space. No idea what's true or what's bullshit.

Quarterback Records Against The Belichick Patriots

by Chase Stuart on March 20, 2019 in Checkdowns

Including the postseason, Bill Belichick is 255-89 as head coach of the New England Patriots. That’s really good! Said differently, quarterbacks facing New England since 2000 have a 0.258 winning percentage, which is really bad.
Which quarterbacks have fared the best and the worst against Belichick? Let’s start with some trivia: can you name the quarterback who has gone 3-0 against Belichick’s Patriots?
<table class="easySpoilerTable" style="text-align:center;" border="0" bgcolor="FFFFFF" align="center"> <tbody><tr style="white-space:normal;"> <th class="easySpoilerTitleA" style="white-space:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;vertical-align:middle;font-size:120%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;color:#FFFFFF;">Click 'Show' for Answer</th> <th class="easySpoilerTitleB" style="text-align:right;vertical-align:middle;font-size:100%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF; white-space:nowrap;">Show</th> </tr> <tr><td class="easySpoilerRow" colspan="2" style="border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="easySpoilerTable" style="text-align:center;" frame="box" border="0" bgcolor="FFFFFF" align="center"><tbody><tr><th class="easySpoilerEnd" style="width:100%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</th><td class="easySpoilerEnd" style="white-space:nowrap;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;" colspan="2">
</td></tr><tr><td class="easySpoilerGroupWrapperLastRow" colspan="2" style="background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

In addition, only one quarterback has gone 2-0 against Belichick. Can you name him?

<table class="easySpoilerTable" style="text-align:center;" border="0" bgcolor="FFFFFF" align="center"> <tbody><tr style="white-space:normal;"> <th class="easySpoilerTitleA" style="white-space:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;vertical-align:middle;font-size:120%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;color:#FFFFFF;">Click 'Show' for Answer</th> <th class="easySpoilerTitleB" style="text-align:right;vertical-align:middle;font-size:100%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF; white-space:nowrap;">Show</th> </tr> <tr><td class="easySpoilerRow" colspan="2" style="border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="easySpoilerTable" style="text-align:center;" frame="box" border="0" bgcolor="FFFFFF" align="center"><tbody><tr><th class="easySpoilerEnd" style="width:100%;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</th><td class="easySpoilerEnd" style="white-space:nowrap;background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;" colspan="2">
</td></tr><tr><td class="easySpoilerGroupWrapperLastRow" colspan="2" style="background-color:#45434A;background-image:none;border-color:#FFFFFF;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Below is the record for every quarterback against Belichick. The final column shows the record of all quarterbacks against Belichick *without that quarterback included*. That is the column by which the table is sorted.

http://www.footballperspective.com/quarterback-records-against-the-belichick-patriots/

Worst record against BB's Pats at 0-6 is Andrew Luck. :coffee:

Chargers beat BB at least once; I recall getting blown out at Gillette about 12-14 years ago.
But yeah, his percentage is still terrible against BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Pats lost @SD in '08 with Cassel at QB.

Chargers beat BB at least once; I recall getting blown out at Gillette about 12-14 years ago.
But yeah, his percentage is still terrible against BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The QB of that Chargers team that blew the Pats out was Drew Brees, not Rivers.

We have a bridge. It’s called Hoyer.

We get the next guy next draft or year after.

Hoyer as a Brownie was actually not bad. I wouldn't say that now though. He stinks. But, if Brady goes down...the year is most likely ovah anyhow. Maybe Hoyer is the right call. I never thought about it that way...

Hoyer as a Brownie was actually not bad. I wouldn't say that now though. He stinks. But, if Brady goes down...the year is most likely ovah anyhow. Maybe Hoyer is the right call. I never thought about it that way...

Placeholder. Less than $2 mil. Actually quite functional as scout teams QB.

JB would likely command at least $5-8 mil I’d think. Why?

Not winning with Hoyer. Not winning with JB.

Why flush away cap $?

Placeholder. Less than $2 mil. Actually quite functional as scout teams QB.

JB would likely command at least $5-8 mil I’d think. Why?

Not winning with Hoyer. Not winning with JB.

Why flush away cap $?

If that ever happens, and the Pats lose a bunch of games...does that mean the Pats have tanked?

Back