Looking at the Patriots - 2021

You're a glutton for punishment, I see. The joke is on you once again, lol. BB is paying 2 WRs > $10M each this year. Regardless, it was only an example of how BB thinks.

As for Gilmore's situation, I'd ask what you have learned from that? Revis, too. Maybe BB thinks the CB position is more important than the WR position? Yeah? You're starting to "get it".

Fyp. The TE is a young QB's best friend. BB signed 2 pretty good veterans. A great D is also a young QB's friend along with a great OL. BB gave the team both.
BB didn't give Moss to Brady until Brady had 3 rings and 6 years under his belt. Did Moss & Brady win a SB? There goes your WR theory.
Plus, Moss was cheap.

Do you know how much cap space we have now? Do you know what Gilmore's cut will be out of that cap space? What about next year? How much does BB like to have in reserve?
You have to think ahead instead of thinking like a child without regard for the future.

Why would you give an unproven rookie an expensive toy? Maybe it would be best for the team to wait until next year when Mac Jones has proven his ability sufficiently and he's actually playing in games that matter. He's under contract for 4 years, after all. Coincidentally, the Cap is supposed to skyrocket after next year.
Do you think logic will change anything he has to say? I have become convinced that he is void of any logic at all.

Good news? Not sure if this guy is a clown. Chevs - can you confirm?

View: https://twitter.com/patriotsnews247/status/1419378440629805059

I definitely think he's all sizzle and no steak.

In the quoted section I call bullshit on most of it and it's not the first thing I've seen from this guy
that sounded, ummmmm, I'll say highly specious.

Think about the "total shock" quote. Who would say that? Another journalist or one of his buddies,
not Josh McD.

The last sentence is giddy bullshit. Plus, he mis-spells "dual" as "duel".

Based on a small sample, this guy is a clickbait miner. A wannabe who is making stuff up.

I definitely think he's all sizzle and no steak.

In the quoted section I call bullshit on most of it and it's not the first thing I've seen from this guy
that sounded, ummmmm, I'll say highly specious.

Think about the "total shock" quote. Who would say that? Another journalist or one of his buddies,
not Josh McD.

The last sentence is giddy bullshit. Plus, he mis-spells "dual" as "duel".

Based on a small sample, this guy is a clickbait miner. A wannabe who is making stuff up.
Yeah. The quotes did seem a bit over the top even though I want to believe them. 😉

Yeah. The quotes did seem a bit over the top even though I want to believe them. 😉

The quotes about Mac that are pertinent after OTAs are the several guys that said "I can
see why he was drafted". That's all we want at this point. Nobody on the Pats is going to
give any rookie more than that until they show they can help the team win actual NFL games.

Mac is going to be fine, but nobody should expect public raves for the near foreseeable
future. All comments about him will be tempered.

That's how guys like Ramos can earn money on the internet. They try to figure out
exactly what fans want to read instead of reality and they cash in on the natural
tendency to impatience.

Still, it could be fun to read his stuff since he seems pretty off-the-wall.

I'm going to pump my brakes on Dugger a bit until I see him cover somebody a little tighter.

The guy is a guided missile and showed himself to be a skilled tackler, but he wasn't exactly Ed Reid in coverage. I'd call
him tentative, which is understandable for a kid coming from D2 to the show.

We find out in TC & PS. If he ready to take over at QB. No one going full speed . Trying to hit you in practice. He just a untested Rookie . til we see how he handles himself in games.

Last edited:
Let's see if he gets a 10 tattoo, ala Rex Ryan

Sneak preview of 10

E7RfYeYXEAAa5wF

TEAM TALK

LOCAL LINKS

NATIONAL NEWS
  • Brenden Ertle (Canal Street Chronicles) reports that ex-Patriot Chris Hogan will sign with the Saints.
  • Cynthia Frelund (NFL.com) projects the most improved player on each AFC team. (Agholor for the Pats)
  • Diante Lee (Pro Football Focus) wonders why we are not seeing more dime defense in the NFL.
  • Evan Western (Acme Packing Company) writes about Aaron Rodgers reworking his deal with the Packers.

Howard is PFF's 4th ranked CB and was All-Pro in 2020. He's making $12M this year.
His team mate, Byron Jones is making $16M this year. Howard is much better.

Only 28 and in the prime of his career. Led NFL in INT in 2020 (10) and 2018 (7), the game's best ballhawking CB. Dominant man coverage CB

E7V65XsWQAAwQCi

Last edited:
Howard is PFF's 4th ranked CB and was All-Pro in 2020. He's making $12M this year.
His team mate, Byron Jones is making $16M this year. Howard is much better.

Only 28 and in the prime of his career. Led NFL in INT in 2020 (10) and 2018 (7), the game's best ballhawking CB. Dominant man coverage CB

E7V65XsWQAAwQCi
He is just doing what he needs to do as he sees it. Could argue he signed a contract and needs to honor it. I see it both ways.

Is he in the guaranteed portion of his deal still?

He is just doing what he needs to do as he sees it. Could argue he signed a contract and needs to honor it. I see it both ways.

Is he in the guaranteed portion of his deal still?

As a former employer, an employee who outperformed my expectations was always treated well. Hell, my dad taught me to treat all decent employees well and I paid the highest wages in the industry to cultivate that level of talent.

It seems some organizations don't get it.

And yes, he is contractually bound and it's his fault for being ignorant and signing this but many companies seem to understand little of this concept.

I always struggle with NFL contracts.

The teams have almost all the leverage, players have an incredibly short career to make enough money to last for the rest of their lives, and at the end of the day, I don't pay to watch the owners run around.

On the other hand, if you signed a market rate contract for a certain number of years and the market changes, that's tough. If you want to renegotiate every year sign a one year deal, but then you don't get the fat signing bonus or the security of a multi year deal.

The teams have almost all the leverage, players have an incredibly short career to make enough money to last for the rest of their lives, and at the end of the day, I don't pay to watch the owners run around.

On the other hand, if you signed a market rate contract for a certain number of years and the market changes, that's tough. If you want to renegotiate every year sign a one year deal, but then you don't get the fat signing bonus or the security of a multi year deal.
This is kind of like I feel, but I am a lot more sympathetic with late round draft picks and UFDAs then players on their second contract. A guy who has made 10+ million dollars already in his career and is now upset he only makes 8 or 10 or 12 million a year, that goes beyond making enough money for the rest of their lives with no need to work after football?.

The bigger question is what makes it a necessity that in their short football careers that they can retire in their 20's? The rest of the world must work until their later years. Sports players are given a window to make a lot of money to jump start their lives. Most of us would love to get paid for 4 years as an UDFA before starting our real working lives.

I don't blame anyone for trying to get more. I just don't see it as unfair if they don't.

i have zero issue with guys trying to get top dollar within reasonable methods, or leaving their team for money, etc. but why should their nfl career have to be enough for the rest of their lives? are they not capable of having a different job after they retire from the nfl? i'll have probably been working over 50 years total when i retire.

i have zero issue with guys trying to get top dollar within reasonable methods, or leaving their team for money, etc. but why should their nfl career have to be enough for the rest of their lives? are they not capable of having a different job after they retire from the nfl? i'll have probably been working over 50 years total when i retire.

Most of these guys can't walk by 50, they have severe obesity issues because they carried an ungodly amount of weight during their career, and CTE is also a bit of an impediment to a lifetime of working.

Back