Looking At The Patriots 2022

CB Jack Jones, New England Patriots

If there is one position that Bill Belichick knows better than any other coach in NFL history, it's cornerbacks. After letting J.C. Jackson walk in free agency, the Patriots have gotten some outstanding play from Jonathan Jones and the rest of the secondary.

This week, fourth-round rookie Jack Jones stepped up in a big way. While he did allow 60 yards on seven targets, Jones made the play of the day when he intercepted Aaron Rodgers right before halftime and returned it for a score.

Jones finished the game as the Patriots' highest-graded player (93.5) and was one of the highest-graded defenders of the week. He has seen his role increase in each of the past four weeks and appears to be one of the next great New England cornerbacks under Belichick.

Mills wasn't a good FA sign...Bryant wasn't either. Mills might be an OK hybrid linebacker/safety, but, he isn't a good CB. No fucking way. Ever...he's slow to react to plays. Bryant is a joker. They both do not know how to wrap up a tackle.

Per PFF

Jack Jones is the NFL's #2 CB with a grade of 91.8. #1 is Sean Murphy-Bunting but he has only 9 snaps in 1 game so in reality Jack Jones is the real #1 with 71 pass plays defensed.
Jon Jones is #12 with an 80. 5 players ranked ahead of Jon Jones have <60 pass plays defensed so in reality Jon is ranked 7th. Pretty damn good.
Mills is our worst CB with a 29. 151 ranked of 156 CBs ranked. Ugh.
Bryant is our 2nd worst with a 41. 139th ranked.
LMAO...

:coffee:

Guess I was right!

I mean...it's extremely obvious.

Per PFF

Jack Jones is the NFL's #2 CB with a grade of 91.8. #1 is Sean Murphy-Bunting but he has only 9 snaps in 1 game so in reality Jack Jones is the real #1 with 71 pass plays defensed.
Jon Jones is #12 with an 80. 5 players ranked ahead of Jon Jones have <60 pass plays defensed so in reality Jon is ranked 7th. Pretty damn good.
Mills is our worst CB with a 29. 151 ranked of 156 CBs ranked. Ugh.
Bryant is our 2nd worst with a 41. 139th ranked.

Its incredible how much of a repository you are of finding and sharing good data. Nice work.

Jon Jones went down a lot in the Packers game, not a good game for him. Secondary should be Jon-Jack-Marcus Jones starting (if nickel) with Philips, Dugger, McCourty as LB/SS/FS. Mills and Bryant can sit

Its incredible how much of a repository you are of finding and sharing good data. Nice work.

Jon Jones went down a lot in the Packers game, not a good game for him. Secondary should be Jon-Jack-Marcus Jones starting (if nickel) with Philips, Dugger, McCourty as LB/SS/FS. Mills and Bryant can sit

Those stats for Jon Jones include the GB game.

Jon Jones played an exceptional game against GB. With the exception of the dropped TD by Dobbs, I cannot find anything to fault in his play. The catch he gave up to Lazard was a picture perfect throw and catch.

Our jerseys and helmet for the Lions game. It's been over 10 years since these were worn as throwbacks

FeQgYz5VQAASd5Z

Our jerseys and helmet for the Lions game. It's been over 10 years since these were worn as throwbacks

FeQgYz5VQAASd5Z
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the old unis. Steelers & Ravens have the best unis in the game, with Bucs & Vikings a ways back, then 9ers, Browns, Packers, and Redskins-that-were in the next cluster.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the old unis. Steelers & Ravens have the best unis in the game, with Bucs & Vikings a ways back, then 9ers, Browns, Packers, and Redskins-that-were in the next cluster.

They bring back memories of that old era - Grogan, Hannah...good times.

They bring back memories of that old era - Grogan, Hannah...good times.
I think I would have really enjoyed that '76 team and the late '70s John Hannah, grind it out teams. For me, they bring back memories of Tony Eason and Chuck Fairbanks, and the Superbowl party we hosted in February of 1986, when I put in the time to print up a huge "Go Patriots" banner on my old dot matrix printer (with the connected pages and the holes on the side?) using Print Shop on my Apple II+ (maybe IIGS at that point.)

I agree. Not a fan of the old unis, I like the blue uniforms. the red ones look too much like british redcoats, the blue alludes much better to American revolutionary patriots

i HATE the old unis, and usually get razzed here. so happy to have company😁

I would have the Pats go back to Pat Patriot in a second. I also like the Flying E, but nothing beats the uniforms of my youth.

I think so too. Though there was one year they had red numbers

usatsi_5466978.jpg

Speaking of which, the throwbacks didn't looks right to me and its because they aren't really right with the shoulder stripes:

usatsi_9867761.jpg

Back