Looking At The Patriots 2022

I disagree. I think if the offense continues to go sideways through the preseason there’s a very real chance that the new offense gets scrapped and they go back to the old offense. What makes this extremely difficult in my opinion is the Pats don’t have anyone on the staff that is familiar with the Shanny system. It is really head scratching why Bill did not go out and get an OC with experience in the system given the enormity of the change and Mac in his second season trying to learn something completely new from his rookie year where he finished second for ROTY.
Um, I assure you that every offensive coach is very familiar with the zone blocking West Coast derivative offense that Shanahan put together. And with McVey's vertical/Coryell tweaks of it that highlights the "playmaker" focus, too.

Um, I assure you that every offensive coach is very familiar with the zone blocking West Coast derivative offense that Shanahan put together. And with McVey's vertical/Coryell tweaks of it that highlights the "playmaker" focus, too.
I hope so. Hopefully everything gets worked out at some point during the season. It will be fun to see a new offense.

The Bills had a down year last year. I doubt that happens again. They are the team to beat not just in the East but the entire AFC IMO.
Im not sure the Pats take over the Fins for second. I am very nervous about the new offense Bill is trying to implement. So far it has been difficult for the offense and for Mac to pick up. Have to see how everything smooths out over the season. I guess we know more after week 1. LOL
More like after Thanksgiving. The Oline needs to work as a unit. That's why Oline continuity is so important. Blocking assignments change in a microsecond as the defense stunts. These guys:

1. Need time, not just to learn the system, which they're doing now, but to act instinctively, without thinking.

2. When blocking, each guy needs to know what the other is doing and going to do in every situation. All the OLinesmen are not going to get into an instinctive react-vs-think mode at the same time, and it affects the entire line because they're not moving/playing as one single unit. Player A moves immediately but the player to the side of him takes a millisecond, so Player A either bumps into a player who should be moving away and isn't, or worse, leaves a gap between himself and the player who took too long to start moving.

When these click-seeking media morons whine that the offense is still struggling after a week of camp, they're just putting their lack of football knowledge on display. Players don't run on batteries. You don't download new software or install a new piece of hardware and it's all good. It takes time and interpersonal chemistry. Even teams who keep their coordinators and don't change their systems don't get into mid-season form until...well...mid-season. BB's defenses change every year and historically, they weren't fully ready until after Thanksgiving. This might take even longer.

I would expect this to be harder on guys like like meyers, Andrews and other long-timers. Rookies probably have it easiest. All rookies have to learn an NFL system. Second year offensive guys only had a year in the old system. But the old-timers are going to take a long time to unlearn things that up to now have been instinctive. And of course any of the Oline who lines up across from Barmore isn't going to have time to learn a damn thing. They might have to sit him a few minutes each day just to give the oline a chance to work on the new system.

I disagree. I think if the offense continues to go sideways through the preseason there’s a very real chance that the new offense gets scrapped and they go back to the old offense. What makes this extremely difficult in my opinion is the Pats don’t have anyone on the staff that is familiar with the Shanny system. It is really head scratching why Bill did not go out and get an OC with experience in the system given the enormity of the change and Mac in his second season trying to learn something completely new from his rookie year where he finished second for ROTY.
It's a disaster of biblical proportions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzt70-N0wuU

And she knows more than Jakobi Meyers. I mean, honestly, WTF are we doing here? And I'm not referring to the Patriots offense. I'm referring to this forum. It's bordering on ludicrous. And I've been on a few and this hands down has been the best. There's a monumental difference between legitimate disagreement and this trolling BS. It's embarrassing.

And she knows more than Jakobi Meyers. I mean, honestly, WTF are we doing here? And I'm not referring to the Patriots offense. I'm referring to this forum. It's bordering on ludicrous. And I've been on a few and this hands down has been the best. There's a monumental difference between legitimate disagreement and this trolling BS. It's embarrassing.
I think we all know that in any (especially) footyball forums, there are dillweeds

the key is to discern which dillweeds are legitimately actually stoopid and can't help it

from the dillweeds that are legitimately psychopathically brilliant gaslighting ahoes 🙃

I think we all know that in any (especially) footyball forums, there are dillweeds

the key is to discern which dillweeds are legitimately actually stoopid and can't help it

from the dillweeds that are legitimately psychopathically brilliant gaslighting ahoes 🙃
Yeah, every forum has its trolls, and football especially especially breeds a type of fan who likes to disrupt other teams' forums. Some are lighthearted, some find that fans are all just the same with different laundry, some are just unpleasant. Hardest to deal with are those who profess to be a fan of the forum team but definitely are not.

I think Mazz is unique, though. She's not any of the above. She's definitely butthurt beyond repair over Brady, will never forgive Belichick for not doing what's right for Tom Brady, and relentless in her criticism of all things Patriot to make sure that Belichick gets no credit for doing ANYthing worthwhile. She's very, very good at twisting the strangest things into anti bb rants. I usually keep her on ignore, but once a month or so I peek, just like listening to Felger and Mazzeroti but because all three are funny at first before they quickly get tedious.

(I define TROLL as some who trolls (fishing term of trolling) for reactions, not for meaningful discussion. We all do it sometimes, She, as I said, is relentless.)

Yeah, every forum has its trolls, and football especially especially breeds a type of fan who likes to disrupt other teams' forums. Some are lighthearted, some find that fans are all just the same with different laundry, some are just unpleasant. Hardest to deal with are those who profess to be a fan of the forum team but definitely are not.

I think Mazz is unique, though. She's not any of the above. She's definitely butthurt beyond repair over Brady, will never forgive Belichick for not doing what's right for Tom Brady, and relentless in her criticism of all things Patriot to make sure that Belichick gets no credit for doing ANYthing worthwhile. She's very, very good at twisting the strangest things into anti bb rants. I usually keep her on ignore, but once a month or so I peek, just like listening to Felger and Mazzeroti but because all three are funny at first before they quickly get tedious.

(I define TROLL as some who trolls (fishing term of trolling) for reactions, not for meaningful discussion. We all do it sometimes, She, as I said, is relentless.)
This is not anything of what you have said to me privately. I am surprised to read this here. You have told me that you enjoy my posts and my POV even when you disagree.

You are not wrong about me souring on Bill but it was not just Brady but before when his drafting was terrible. That being said, I am looking forward to the new offense this year, something I have wanted him to do for a long time. Even if it is clunky to start, I hope he stays with it.

For those hoping the internet rumors are true, Miguel shoots them all down

View: https://twitter.com/patscap/status/1557679807864999941

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Back