Looking at the Patriots 2023

Success will largely depend on what BB does with the coaches.

Mac needs to move in with Tom House and get his mechanics worked out, big time.
We should know more after the SB regarding the coaches. I hope there are changes.

Mac is a bit of a wild card. He needs to work on his mechanics but also his pocket presence as well.

In a letter to season ticket holders, Kraft expressed dissatisfaction for the team's performance this year and determination to evaluate and make changes to improve the team for next year.
Good to hear from the very top of the team.

FmCbeFAXgAAoI55

Don’t know where to put this but thank you chevss454 and a couple others for being probably my best source of aggregated Patriot news I’ve seen in awhile! I love staying up to date on the team and appreciate all the updates on this forum.

The Pats will get the 14th pick in the draft and the first 3 rounds are set.
Here's a history of the Pats picks when drafting 14th. I didn't know LB Lee Roy Jordan, an Alabama & Cowboys great, was drafted by the Patriots!! Some good info in this article.

BB said more than that...
Here is his full answer which gives a diff meaning to his first sentence.

FmCOy7YXgAIWWca
It is amazing how cold Bill is toward Mac.

Gonna miss Slate when he's done. Can't be many guys who only ever really played Special Teams who were capable of being Captain of Captains. Dude led by example
One of the best, I only wish that he had learned to catch a football so I could borrow more money from him if we ever become friends.

Let's feel free to spitball here.

What are the chances Bill goes nuclear and goes all in to get Lamar Jackson to NE?
I think it would be a huge mistake. How much are you going to pay a guy who plays 10 games a year?

New England Patriots Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

According to Over the Cap, the Patriots have $54,000,000 in cap space going into the 2023 season. They could gain more space by restructuring some of the the contracts. On the right side are the FA's.
It's a lot of space, and even more when you consider that it's $54MM with 45 players under contract. They can do pretty much whatever they want this offseason, because they also have 3 players (Judon, Henry, and Smith) that total more than $30MM in 2023 salary (not cap) which can be slushed around with restructure or extensions, and 7 more who total $30MM more. Ignoring cuts, etc., just this group could be restructured/extended to create another $20-30MM without a ton of effort.

Miguel thinks that there's ~10mm in salary escalators that will be due that spotrac doesn't. We'll see who's right.
I've found Miguel to be right on quirky detail & incentive sorts of issues with contracts.

Back