Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Mac’s super consistent,” Belichick said. “Every day is really the same day for Mac. He’s always well prepared. He’s in early. He’s ready to go. He knows what we’re going to be doing and he’s got a head-start on it, so he maximizes the information that the coaches give him, maximizes the walkthroughs, the practice reps, and learns from whatever happens in those situations.

“He’s smart. He’s a good learner, but he’s got good instincts and good mechanics,” Belichick added. “He’s just worked hard to get better every day. A lot of consistency, a great work ethic and really pays attention to details, and has improved in really every area over the course of the year.”

Belichick also explained how Jones has worked well with Josh McDaniels.

“He’s really just a great person to coach because he’s so responsive to trying to do everything the way you want to do it,” Belichick said. “Josh has done a fantastic job with him and Mac’s really I think embraced the wisdom that Josh has transmitted to him and he played extremely well today.”

Safe to say Mac isn't a diva?

:coffee:

Definitely not a slight to that other, older QB.

:coffee:

You mean like the ones that Brady played against throughout his career? and did just fine against? What are you so excited about? Trevor Lawrence got his fucking ass handed to him yesterday. Zach Wilson? Fucking boy band? How about 54 to whatever they had for a score in that game. You haven't proven any point whatsoever
I don't think you caught the gist of my post. My point was exactly as you say: Dual threat QBs are over-rated, unless they also are accurate, can read defenses, make good decisions, etc., so I did prove my point, just in my own uniquely clever way.

I don't think you caught the gist of my post. My point was exactly as you say: Dual threat QBs are over-rated, unless they also are accurate, can read defenses, make good decisions, etc., so I did prove my point, just in my own uniquely clever way.
1641289726248.png

Margaret Mead came up with that one. :beer:

Mac’s super consistent,” Belichick said. “Every day is really the same day for Mac. He’s always well prepared. He’s in early. He’s ready to go. He knows what we’re going to be doing and he’s got a head-start on it, so he maximizes the information that the coaches give him, maximizes the walkthroughs, the practice reps, and learns from whatever happens in those situations.

“He’s smart. He’s a good learner, but he’s got good instincts and good mechanics,” Belichick added. “He’s just worked hard to get better every day. A lot of consistency, a great work ethic and really pays attention to details, and has improved in really every area over the course of the year.”

Belichick also explained how Jones has worked well with Josh McDaniels.

“He’s really just a great person to coach because he’s so responsive to trying to do everything the way you want to do it,” Belichick said. “Josh has done a fantastic job with him and Mac’s really I think embraced the wisdom that Josh has transmitted to him and he played extremely well today.”

View: https://twitter.com/The617_/status/1478038660905844737

😄

During his weekly Monday radio appearance WEEI’s on Merloni & Fauria, Jones was asked about his favorite gift from Christmas.

“Christmas is great. I got a new flashlight from my girlfriend. I needed one for the house and she delivered,” Jones said with a laugh. “We were fired up. It was great.”

Jones being “fired up” over receiving a flashlight is really no surprise. Since being drafted by New England 15th overall in April, Jones has made it’s clear he’s all about football. Perhaps with the early New England sunsets, Jones can put that flashlight to use while studying the playbook late at night.

The quarterback did not mention if he received any new clothes for Christmas, as linebacker Matthew Judon said Jones has no “drip” after Sunday’s 50-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Judon has often poked fun at the rookie’s personality and demeanor, but Jones takes the jokes in stride.

“I have some good outfits. I just don’t always wear them,” Jones said on WEEI. “Maybe next time I’ll wear one for Judon so he sees I got some ‘drip.’”

During the holiday season, Jones did some gift giving as well. The rookie put together gift baskets for his offensive lineman, which included Bitcoin.

“Obviously, it’s important to get the big guys something for Christmas,” he said. “We just put together a little gift basket with a bunch of different things and that happened to be one of the things. It was just a lot of fun. They deserve it. It was really cool.”

Jones added that each present was personalized, with some having their numbers on it. He also included hand-written notes with personalized jokes to go with the baskets.

“When you’re giving a someone a gift, you just want to show them that you appreciate them and a written letter is always a good way to do it,” Jones said.

While the holiday season was a busy time for Jones, he wouldn't share his New Year’s resolution for 2022, just like his head coach.

“Yeah, I mean I’m not going to release any of those. But when the new year comes you want to work on yourself,” he said. “I don’t think too much about it. Focus on what I can control.”

😄

During his weekly Monday radio appearance WEEI’s on Merloni & Fauria, Jones was asked about his favorite gift from Christmas.

“Christmas is great. I got a new flashlight from my girlfriend. I needed one for the house and she delivered,” Jones said with a laugh. “We were fired up. It was great.”

Jones being “fired up” over receiving a flashlight is really no surprise. Since being drafted by New England 15th overall in April, Jones has made it’s clear he’s all about football. Perhaps with the early New England sunsets, Jones can put that flashlight to use while studying the playbook late at night.

The quarterback did not mention if he received any new clothes for Christmas, as linebacker Matthew Judon said Jones has no “drip” after Sunday’s 50-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Judon has often poked fun at the rookie’s personality and demeanor, but Jones takes the jokes in stride.

“I have some good outfits. I just don’t always wear them,” Jones said on WEEI. “Maybe next time I’ll wear one for Judon so he sees I got some ‘drip.’”

During the holiday season, Jones did some gift giving as well. The rookie put together gift baskets for his offensive lineman, which included Bitcoin.

“Obviously, it’s important to get the big guys something for Christmas,” he said. “We just put together a little gift basket with a bunch of different things and that happened to be one of the things. It was just a lot of fun. They deserve it. It was really cool.”

Jones added that each present was personalized, with some having their numbers on it. He also included hand-written notes with personalized jokes to go with the baskets.

“When you’re giving a someone a gift, you just want to show them that you appreciate them and a written letter is always a good way to do it,” Jones said.

While the holiday season was a busy time for Jones, he wouldn't share his New Year’s resolution for 2022, just like his head coach.

“Yeah, I mean I’m not going to release any of those. But when the new year comes you want to work on yourself,” he said. “I don’t think too much about it. Focus on what I can control.”
He does all the right things doesn’t he.

Thank god he didn’t say Fleshlight. I’m just saying this before imapig does :ROFLMAO:

You're right, I apologize...

😄

bananas GIF

Were they? Sheesh, I forgot that.
yup, until 02 i think when houston got the texans.
i'm so old i remember when:
1)seattle was in the afc west
2)the FIRST time the Raiders were the oakland raiders
3)there were 4 divisions in each conference
4)there was no 2 point conversion
5)ron rivera was a player

I'm so old the games were on the radio...in Latin! ;)

If makes you feel any better, you’re not alone;)

Back