Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Granted but he is not a dual threat. Nobody thinks that Brady is going to bust a 20 yard run... GOAT or not.

What's your point? That wasn't a 20 yard run??????

Whatever, our QB Mac Jones is not a dual threat. When he or any other pocket passer gets into a game with a legitimate dual threat, someone like Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson who have cannon arms and are fast and strong runners, the pocket passers won't stand a chance.

Granted but he is not a dual threat. Nobody thinks that Brady is going to bust a 20 yard run... GOAT or not.
No, of course not but he does pick up gritty third downs from time to time. My point was how the NFL landscape has changed with the QB position being the one that has changed the most because of the college concepts that have been incorporated and the rules that insanely favor the passing game.

In a way, I am surprised Bill went the route he did as he is usually one step ahead of the league in terms of seeing the trends and using the rules and the tendencies of the game to his advantage.

1. Mac's handwritten notes: Patriots offensive linemen didn't want to publicly detail what rookie quarterback Mac Jones gifted them for the holidays, speaking more generally about "Santa Mac" and their appreciation of his effort that included everything from Bitcoin to "No Bull" New England shoes, a Yeti cooler, Keurig supplies and more.

Privately, several have relayed that they were floored mostly by two things: his inclusion of backups and practice-squad players for a total of 12 oversized gift packs that filled up the locker room, and each of the 12 also receiving a personalized, handwritten note from him.

Mac is my QB1
That's just like Tompa Boy asking Jim "Scratchy" Gray on Monday Night Radio in 2019, "You expect me to win with this crap?"

Really nice game by Jones today.

He started off fast with some out-breaking patterns and it appeared to me that the Jags were sitting on the in routes, just like Buffalo. One of those passes to the left side, a completion, seemed a little soft, but there was pretty good separation overall and a nice mix of runs and passes. Mac looked in command the whole way and was the victim of at least 3 drops, by my count. He was
accurate, poised, moved in the pocket, ran when he saw an opportunity, seemed very aware of where his best options were and generally looked like a seasoned, highly capable NFL QB. His judgement was sound and only one throw that I recall could've been called risky.

His postgame presser was a major improvement over the last several and he was relaxed and articulate. It's hard to beat yourself up after throwing 3 TDs, one a beautiful throw to Jakobi. That one belongs on his season's highlight reel.

Miami is a much better team than Jacksonville, but having one of his best outings of the year this week was, no doubt, a boost for his confidence going into a tough road game that could have
important consequences. What a difference a week makes, even if the opponent was a bad football team with nothing to play for.

Mac set a Patriots rookie TD record with 20 TD passes.
That put him ahead of Jim Pluckett and Drew Bledsoe.
To be fair, Jim had a 14 game season.

What's your point? That wasn't a 20 yard run??????

Whatever, our QB Mac Jones is not a dual threat. When he or any other pocket passer gets into a game with a legitimate dual threat, someone like Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson who have cannon arms and are fast and strong runners, the pocket passers won't stand a chance.
You mean like the ones that Brady played against throughout his career? and did just fine against? What are you so excited about? Trevor Lawrence got his fucking ass handed to him yesterday. Zach Wilson? Fucking boy band? How about 54 to whatever they had for a score in that game. You haven't proven any point whatsoever

Mac’s super consistent,” Belichick said. “Every day is really the same day for Mac. He’s always well prepared. He’s in early. He’s ready to go. He knows what we’re going to be doing and he’s got a head-start on it, so he maximizes the information that the coaches give him, maximizes the walkthroughs, the practice reps, and learns from whatever happens in those situations.

“He’s smart. He’s a good learner, but he’s got good instincts and good mechanics,” Belichick added. “He’s just worked hard to get better every day. A lot of consistency, a great work ethic and really pays attention to details, and has improved in really every area over the course of the year.”

Belichick also explained how Jones has worked well with Josh McDaniels.

“He’s really just a great person to coach because he’s so responsive to trying to do everything the way you want to do it,” Belichick said. “Josh has done a fantastic job with him and Mac’s really I think embraced the wisdom that Josh has transmitted to him and he played extremely well today.”

Mac’s super consistent,” Belichick said. “Every day is really the same day for Mac. He’s always well prepared. He’s in early. He’s ready to go. He knows what we’re going to be doing and he’s got a head-start on it, so he maximizes the information that the coaches give him, maximizes the walkthroughs, the practice reps, and learns from whatever happens in those situations.

“He’s smart. He’s a good learner, but he’s got good instincts and good mechanics,” Belichick added. “He’s just worked hard to get better every day. A lot of consistency, a great work ethic and really pays attention to details, and has improved in really every area over the course of the year.”

Belichick also explained how Jones has worked well with Josh McDaniels.

“He’s really just a great person to coach because he’s so responsive to trying to do everything the way you want to do it,” Belichick said. “Josh has done a fantastic job with him and Mac’s really I think embraced the wisdom that Josh has transmitted to him and he played extremely well today.”
Some people will see that article as a slight to Brady... :coffee:

Back