Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Well we certainly need to upgrade personnel all over the roster. Quite a trash heap Belichick has managed to assemble here. It’s all on him. And no one else.
Nah…a lot of it? Sure. BB doesn’t tell Mac to suck ass though. Mac’s got that part down.

How the fuck can you judge a QB when the oline can’t give him enough time to drop back. Who knows what he is at this point.
Ummm he was clean today and just flat out made the wrong decisions.

Through this whole season my thoughts on Mac have not changed. It’s true that that talent around him sucks.
It’s also true that he’s a below average starting QB in the NFL.
He’s not bottom of the barrel, for for a team to contend with him he’s gonna have to be getting paid rookie contract money and have an all star team around him.
Right now he’s not getting paid shi**** and the skill players around him are awful.
His rookie deal is ending sooner than we’d like and the team needs to let him walk. Plain and simple. Once he gets even Daniel jones money the window to build a team around him slams shut.
I’ll never be in favor of tanking because you never know how a draft will play out, but the next two years are gonna be rebuild years due to a decade of bad personnel decisions by Belichick.
It may make sense to let Mac play out his rookie deal, but my god he is not worth a second contract.

No qb in this league is having much success with this half ass roster.
Can any other QB in the NFL (outside of a handuful) recognize Parker on a slant that would have gotten a 1st down instead of settling for a FG? How about putting some zip on the ball so Parker doesn't get lit the f up. Ditto for Bourne.

Where is our resident Mac-olyte?

The bright side is that Trey Lance or Justin Fields could have fallen to pick #15.
At least they are giving their teams a shot a drafting a legit QB.
I don’t believe in tanking, but the arguments for it are tempting.
The 49ers have not missed much of a beat. Purdy wasn’t great today, but QBs coming back early after a head hit rarely are.

Through this whole season my thoughts on Mac have not changed. It’s true that that talent around him sucks.
He’s not bottom of the barrel, for for a team to contend with him he’s gonna have to be getting paid rookie contract money and have an all star team around him.
Right now he’s not getting paid shi**** and the skill players around him are awful.
His rookie deal is ending sooner than we’d like and the team needs to let him walk. Plain and simple. Once he gets even Daniel jones money the window to build a team around him slams shut.
I’ll never be in favor of tanking because you never know how a draft will play out, but the next two years are gonna be rebuild years due to a decade of bad personnel decisions by Belichick.
It may make sense to let Mac play out his rookie deal, but my god he is not worth a second contract.
He's not the guy. We need to go back into the draft this off-season.

There's not really any point now. At 2-6, bringing in an average QB isn't going to turn your fortunes, when the entire team's starting to look like a MASH unit.

I think that's the main thing we learned this year. Mac needs a good situation to thrive and with the Pats it sure as hell isn't ideal. Maybe as a back up for a couple of years he can put it together.

Did Strange play much today?

Yes. He gave up two pressures early in the game and was getting pushed around, which is
disappointing.

They subbed Mafi in for him at one point, but Strange was probably in there for around 90% of the plays.

That Buffalo game was, by far, the best game he's played this season and I'd hoped he'd turned a
corner, but he backslid today, imo. He wasn't the only one, either.

If a guard is taken in the first two rounds he damn well should be playing like a pro bowler by his second year.
Belichick needs to retire.

Nah, Mac has to go. He needs a fresh start just like the Pats need one.

I think that's the main thing we learned this year. Mac needs a good situation to thrive and with the Pats it sure as hell isn't ideal. Maybe as a back up for a couple of years he can put it together.
I'm not convinced a 'good' situation is enough for him to thrive in.

At this point, I'm not convinced a team of 10 hall of famers around him would be enough.

Back